Witness's BOTD | TOP SONGS, ARTISTS, & ALBUMS REVEALED

witness1.3

cIOrUU7.png

Hi Everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve been on ATRL. I was looking through everyone's Best of The Decade, and got really inspired to do my own!

Welcome to my 2010s decade countdown, where I will be listing my Top 150 Singles, Top 75 Artists, and Top 50 Albums of the 2010s. Since I did not start keeping track of my charts until late 2015, you will notice that most songs are from that point and after. Here is how they are calculated.

4JQjc4d.png

Spoiler

The Top 150 Singles includes exclusively songs that were released as official singles, promo singles, or had a music video from 2010-2019. This is to exclude entire albums from cluttering the chart (I’m looking at you Witness, Golden Hour, and Lover).

Using crownnote and last.fm, a weekly chart is made of my Top 50 songs of the week, assigning a point value to each position. The Top 150 Singles are in order of total point value. This means that a song doesn’t necessarily need more plays than another song in order to chart above it on the chart.

6STg9cd.png

Spoiler

The Top 75 Artists is based simply on play counts.

S6GMMFl.png

Spoiler

The Top 50 Albums is based simply on play counts of albums released between 2010-2019.

Lastly, this is the tentative schedule I plan to roll out my countdown

Spoiler

12/29: Singles 150-125

12/30: Singles 124-100

12/31: Singles 99-75

1/1: Singles 74-50, Artists 75-50, Albums 50-35

1/2: Singles 49-26, Artists 49-26, Albums 34-21

1/3: Singles 25-11, Artists 25-11, Albums 20-11

1/4: Singles 10-1, Artists 10-1, Albums 10-1

Edited by witness1.3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• witness1.3

• JGibson

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

Cv0tOGF.png

Spoiler

#150 Confident - Demi Lovato

#149 Disconnect - Clean Bandit feat. Marina

#148 Bloom - Troye Sivan

#147 Figure 8 - Ellie Goulding

#146 Mama - Clean Bandit feat. Ellie Goulding

#145 Company - Tinashe

#144 Homework - cupcakKe

#143 Million Reasons - Lady Gaga

#142 No Promises - Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato

#141 Love - Lana Del Rey

#140 Don't Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey

grlTYqm.png

Spoiler

sxghbuC.png

Spoiler

Edited by witness1.3

4JQjc4d.png

kWXlTwo.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Rounding off the Top 150 singles is Demi’s first entry of 5. Thanks to its catchiness, Confident was able to peak at #2 for one week, and hover in the chart for 17 weeks. This is the only song in the Top 150 that does not have at least 100 plays.

SB2KfmQ.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

When this song first came out, I overplayed the hell out of it. It that was not a good idea. I got so tired of the song that it spent a mere 10 weeks on the chart. Now that it’s been some time, I am able to listen to the song without wanting to rip my ears off. This is Clean Bandit’s first entry of 5, and Marina’s first of 4.

NTW8zue.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is a really cute song despite the freaky single cover. Troye Sivan makes some solid bops and should stopped being overlooked! This is Troye’s first entry of 3.

UJI75Wf.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now believe me, if I kept track of my charts when this song was first released, it would have easily been Top 20 on this list. Despite this, it still managed to peak at #2 and hover around the low 40s of the chart for 31 weeks. This song is insanely good, easily one of Ellie’s best. When is she going back to this sound! This is Ellie’s first entry of 16.

uppQcM4.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

annndddd Ellie’s and Clean Bandit’s second entries came really quickly. Honestly this song being above Figure 8 and Disconnect is kinda offensive, but alas the chart points do not lie.

y4DdyDJ.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

I love this song from Tinashe and it was propelled on my charts thanks to its great music video. This is unfortunately Tinashe’s only entry on the chart. But maybe we will see her on the 2020 year-end with some singles from Songs For You.

CMxetki.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

es, this song is a one minute intro. However it’s f-cking great. Cupcakke takes no time getting into the meat of her best album Audacious opening with this song. She proved why she is (or was at this point) a force. This is cupcakKe’s first entry of 5.

aGIoU2g.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hate this song. I feel like I’ve heard a ~million~ variations of this song. How it spent 19 weeks on my chart beats me. This is Gaga’s first entry of 5.

2qjf3yM.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

I remember loving this song, and it shows by its 18 weeks on the chart. It was a perfect filler song for a summer playlist, not one that needed repeat playing but didn’t get tiring.

NcXEjvj.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

I’m honestly surprised to see this Lana song on the chart out of all her singles. For a song of it’s nature, 18 weeks on the chart is impressive. This is Lana’s first of 3 entries, and I apologize in advance for the songs that did make it.

5WVgPoG.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

And this is why I apologize in advanced. Now this song… is a mess. So much potential and for what? Lana sounds and looks like she doesn’t wanna be on it. This is Ariana’s first entry of 11 and Miley’s first entry of 4.

Edited by witness1.3

no promises, confident and DCMA :)

Figure 8 + Confident + Million Reasons :worship:

4JQjc4d.png

A7zNTAW.png

Spoiler

Rachel Platten is a cute overlooked pop girl. I would like to argue that her sophomore album Waves was almost Emotion level quality, and honestly her song Collide should be in this spot. This is Rachel’s only entry.

6rPh0V8.png

Spoiler

I want to like this song more. I really do. But it sounds like ALMA recorded it in a wind tunnel using a microphone from like 30 years ago. I do really like the theme of this song though. We all hate men, and they’re here to remind us that women can be just as horrible! This is Tove’s first entry of 8 and Alma’s first of 2.

XavgM4z.png

Spoiler

20 week run is impressive for a song that only reached a peak of #12. This song is short and sweet and doesn’t get too overly annoying. A nice track to put on a bubblegum pop playlist. This is Zara’s first entry of 5.

aEgu7l2.png

Spoiler

Even when this song was charting, I always felt like it was tad annoying. But it was such a feel good song with the “SOME KINDA WONDERFUL” chants.

Oh965XA.png

Spoiler

I never really liked this song. I don’t know why it’s here or how it ever hit #1 lol.

U4IG27q.png

Spoiler

Songs like this make me wish I kept track of my charts back then. This is one of my favorites from 1989 and I remember listening to the leak on repeat while on the school bus haha. This was also one of my favorite moments from the 1989 tour. This is Taylor’s first entry of 11.

izKpYX6.png

Spoiler

Who started the rumor that I wanna go back to 1999, take a ride through my old neighborhood? I am well aware that this is an unpopular opinion but the pure pop songs are my favorite Charli songs. 

xdHIRzv.png

Spoiler

mmmmmmhmmmmm. I was shook when I saw cupcakKe was going to be featured on an established artist like Charli’s album. This song is great in all of its sugary goodness, but I will admit it kinda got old quick. Also really not sure how this placed higher than 1999 by like 43 points lol.

75cs1Rq.png

Spoiler

This is an alright song. Honestly the only reason why it is this high is because I was seeing a guy who was a huge Marina stan and this was one of my favorites. I will say his stanning gave me a greater appreciation for Love + Fear, making it one of my most played albums of the year.

ZKqXaDO.png

Spoiler

This was a cute ballad from miss Ariana. Can YOU imagine a world like that? No m’am!

zoGcC2c.png

Spoiler

For some reason I vividly remember being in my community college psychology class when I got the notification this song was available. Tove did the damn thing and the verse from Wiz elevated the song.

b3ehYwk.png

Spoiler

Another Tove song in the first update! I may have no right, but I really don’t like U! Unfortunately, I overplayed this song in its first couple weeks, but it still knocks! Also, it is hilarious how this placed only 4 points higher than Influence.

ohdyzQv.png

Spoiler

Out of all the single potentials on Dangerous Woman.... they chose this. It’s alright, but honestly most of its chart points came from the following weeks after the album release and not its single run.

CroR9I5.png

Spoiler

It is unfortunate to say that this song has especially grown on me after I gave it a second chance following Juice’s death. The second part of the chorus just somehow hits differently.

pYpYyZ8.png

Spoiler

me, a gay man: I”M A MUTHAF-CKIN WOMAN!!!!! This song was still had the old Ke$ha hints in it but showed us a brand new strong woman! It had an impressive 4 week peak at #7; songs on my chart usually never hold their peaks for that long at positions lower than top 5. This is Kesha’s first entry of 4.

Edited by witness1.3

Hate Me + Out Of The Woods + Broken Glass :worship:

Woman snaps :jamming: 

Imagine making lists already :jonny: it's such a slay

Some Kinda Wonderful :clap3: nice to see Betty here

Lipgloss :smitten: 

DvtNPsf.png

Spoiler

This song was and still is so addictive, so when I look back and see that it only peaked at #11 is shocking, and its impressive how it managed a 22-week run despite the low peak.

oC7vElR.png

Spoiler

Yeah, pop Weeknd maybe my favorite Weeknd, so? This song could have easily been replaced with like Can’t Feel My Face or In The Night but unfortunately, I didn’t keep track of my charts back then.

mE5xmB8.png

Spoiler

Now THIS is what we want Ellie! Although it’s my lowest Ellie droplet era song on the list, it’s definitely the best! I can totally relate to loving the idea of people even though the person themselves is not good for me.

i5wPYSR.png

Spoiler

Another good bop from Years & Years. Their electronic music is my guilty pleasure.

19722uP.png

Spoiler

The only solo Nicki track that appears on my chart. I still bop to this, and it kinda deserved better.

SGvqCEz.png

Spoiler

Another solo female rap song in a row, and the fact cupcakKe was giving Nicki a run for her money. CupcakKe is so talented and able to craft crazy raunchy verses.

PL6HSkE.png

Spoiler

This song stuck with me after seeing Love, Simon. It gives me a feeling of nostalgia somehow, and it bops really hard full volume in the car.

9KPlwJq.png

Spoiler

The way this song gave false perceptions for how Joanne would be. I don’t think we can ever forgive Gaga.

BATuwXQ.png

Spoiler

This is the lowest Anti single on the chart, and I have to say the other two are much better. But this is still such a good song.

eHtnjYA.png

Spoiler

I love this cover song. Katy adds a pop element to it while keeping it in its broadway roots. The lyrics are so relatable to me, and I hope I can go see this show when it comes to me in May.

uIr6pfv.png

Spoiler

Yes this song was released to country radio so it counts. And how fitting that I am posting this on New Year’s Eve! Her performance on Jimmy Fallon was so emotional.

Afeut8K.png

Spoiler

at this point i'm getting lazy and only putting comments for songs I feel strongly about.

4n4w8H2.png

ukHniVp.png

zHiNce8.png

Cwwm7mP.png

Spoiler

I saw Ellie in concert just days after the Pulse Shooting, and her singing this song with a rainbow flag in the background was definitely a moment in history.

8L8gNKJ.png

isSblI4.png

BM74PJE.png

B7Arz5O.png

Spoiler

This is Taylor’s best (pop) song. It has not aged a single day. The fact she demoted it to concert footage music video was one of the largest civil rights violations in history.

ct3ZKKg.png

UcYl1e7.png

sR5JDsA.png

CYwBV5L.png

xsfDoXn.png

Spoiler
On 12/29/2019 at 8:11 PM, JGibson said:

Hate Me + Out Of The Woods + Broken Glass :worship:

On 12/30/2019 at 6:16 AM, rvx said:

Out of The Woods + Young Dumb & Broke + Figure 8 :clap3:

On 12/30/2019 at 10:10 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Woman snaps :jamming: 

Imagine making lists already :jonny: it's such a slay

Some Kinda Wonderful :clap3: nice to see Betty here

Lipgloss :smitten: 

IMAGGGGGGGGINEEEEEEEEEE a world like that :fan:

Betty has so much potential to be THE girl, but she keeps releasing subpar material.

Kiss It Better + C'Mon + Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored + New Romantics + Love Me Like You Do + Solo :jamming:

Without Me + Kiss It Better + New Romantics + Solo + New Year's Day + Love Me Like You Do + Rollercoaster + Needed Me + Perfect Illusion + Flux :worship:

I Would Like was cute bawp :fan:

Needed Me :jamming:

Perfect Illusion remains one of my favorite Gaga songs ever :jonny: 

Anywhere :party: CLASSIC :alexz: 

Paramore + The 1975 + Bastille + Elle King + Tegan and Sara + Imagine Dragons + Gwen Stefani + Christina Aguilera + Lizzo + Walk The Moon :party:

Imagine dragons :alexz:and Thunder being their most played song :eddie:

Clean Bandit :smitten: Rockabye not in the top 5 tho :sad:

Gwen :smitten2:

Kiss It Better, Solo, False Alarm :smitten:

Tegan & Sara, Imagine Dragons, Lizzo, Gwen, Broods, Bastille, Sigrid, Shura, Xtina are all great! The 1975 too, although I don't listen to them as much lately.

Love me like you do  :heart2:  C'mon, Without me, break up with your gf, solo, anywhere :jamming: 

Cardi, Harry, Xtina, the 1975, Paramore, Hilary, Lizzo, Gwen, Camila, Imagine Dragons  :clap3: 

GtCB3ni.png

Spoiler

Demi is last place for both the Top Singles and Top Albums of the decade chart. Overall this was solid pop album, but now I only listen to it when it comes on shuffle.

Faves: Old Ways, Father, Stars

n3lKBy4.png

Spoiler

In my opinion, this was a step down from Emotion, but just like the tiniest step down. Of course its Carly so she truly can't do any wrong, but I did not revisit this album as often as I did with Emotion.

Faves: Julien, Want You In My Room, Real Love, For Sure

3gu5Mjc.png

Spoiler

Faves: Tennis Court, Ribs, Team

nvyFuhH.png

Spoiler

Faves: If You're Over Me, Palo Santo, Up In Flames

fTvVNv3.png

Spoiler

I would like to argue that this album was almost Emotion quality level. It was criminally overlooked by ATRL.

Faves: Collide, Shivers, Hands, Even If It Hurts

uz1Mo5l.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

At this point I'm running out of time to do this before I go to work so I might come back and put descriptions later haha.

PDBkDnP.png

mu7evp8.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

The fact this album is called So Good when about half the material on it is not good at all. Prime example: Make That Money Girl. God awful song.

TBSiJS5.png

Ef5yXbg.png

cwPixgo.png

Spoiler

This is cupcakKe's best album. 

k6RX65m.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

This was the true Emotion album before Emotion was released. so freaking good.

hd22ROW.png

ki0TdZO.png

nTJtV4N.png

Spoiler

I had been seeing a boy for a few months that was a huge Marina stan, and he gave me a new perspective of the album. Now we can all agree this is her weakest effort, but I LOVE the production on it. It's like my favorite type of music. 

Faves: Enjoy Your Life, True, Believe In Love

SE4p5Lg.png

Edited by witness1.3

Wow I'm seeing a ton of taste :jonny5: I enjoy a ton so let me just highlight some main faves~
Bloom, Million Reasons, Love, Out of the Woods, Rollercoaster, Love Me Like You Do, C'Mon, Kiss It Better || Maggie Rogers, Harry Styles, Broods, WALK THE MOON, Imagine Dragons, Paramore || Dedicated, Pure Heroine, Melodrama, All I Need :worship: :worship: :worship:

• ATRL Moderator

Wow taste!

Both Pure Heroine and Melodrama are too low tho :giraffe: 

Drag Zara :clap3: 

Foxes :jonny5: 

Spoiler
On 1/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

I Would Like was cute bawp :fan:

Needed Me :jamming:

Perfect Illusion remains one of my favorite Gaga songs ever :jonny: 

Anywhere :party: CLASSIC :alexz: 

I listened to I Would Like to the other day and it held up pretty well!

Perfect Illusion was definitely a grower, I think its in my top 5 most played by her.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:04 PM, Mr. Loco said:

Imagine dragons :alexz:and Thunder being their most played song :eddie:

Clean Bandit :smitten: Rockabye not in the top 5 tho :sad:

Gwen :smitten2:

I have to give it to Imagine Dragons, Thunder was extremely catchy.

And I honestly never really liked Rockabye, the others are their list are definitely better for me. I think Rockabye was #6 tho.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:52 PM, potent said:

Kiss It Better, Solo, False Alarm :smitten:

Tegan & Sara, Imagine Dragons, Lizzo, Gwen, Broods, Bastille, Sigrid, Shura, Xtina are all great! The 1975 too, although I don't listen to them as much lately.

I really only listen to The 1975 when they came on shuffle, so I guess that means they come on shuffle a lot (and I just realized I missed putting the play count for them and shawn UGH)

6 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Wow taste!

Both Pure Heroine and Melodrama are too low tho :giraffe: 

Drag Zara :clap3: 

Foxes :jonny5: 

I knew someone was gonna make a comment about Lorde being too low haha. I appreciate Lorde, but I think her albums are in the correct spot for me.

Zara can do so much better, half of that album was not IT

Where is Foxes album we need the damn album

On 1/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, JGibson said:

Paramore + The 1975 + Bastille + Elle King + Tegan and Sara + Imagine Dragons + Gwen Stefani + Christina Aguilera + Lizzo + Walk The Moon :party:

On 1/1/2020 at 7:39 PM, Green said:

Love me like you do  :heart2:  C'mon, Without me, break up with your gf, solo, anywhere :jamming: 

Cardi, Harry, Xtina, the 1975, Paramore, Hilary, Lizzo, Gwen, Camila, Imagine Dragons  :clap3: 

3 hours ago, Remmy said:

Wow I'm seeing a ton of taste :jonny5: I enjoy a ton so let me just highlight some main faves~
Bloom, Million Reasons, Love, Out of the Woods, Rollercoaster, Love Me Like You Do, C'Mon, Kiss It Better || Maggie Rogers, Harry Styles, Broods, WALK THE MOON, Imagine Dragons, Paramore || Dedicated, Pure Heroine, Melodrama, All I Need :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks for the replies!

Confident, Pure Heroine, and especially All I Need and Melodrama :jonny5:

I've never really been able to get into Years & Years though :emofish:

Edited by potent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.