Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

Slaaay @Lazuli! Will be revealing guest judge soon!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

4 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Sent :cm: 

Before anyone has even voted too :cm: 

theycallmemaraj voted. 

17 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

theycallmemaraj voted. 

Woops! @Lazuli, sorry babe but you were the first judge in!

On 07/03/2017 at 4:57 PM, MusicLoverDude said:

This is the third best thing I guess.

Fixed!

Off 

Troye - Where's the album talk at?

Hasley - I feel like you barely connected the songs to the album. I know the last paragraph was about the album but you barely touched on it.

Save

Ariana

Kelly

Edited by Speezy

Am I the only one who feels to vote safe is harder than to vote off in this round? Everybody is doing so well that I feel bad not giving them a safe vote. :skull:

Off

- Troye  (no album talk) 

- Halsey (essay wasn't as easy to understand as others) 

Save 

- Kelly (really liked how you connected the two songs and the album as a puzzle. That really sealed your save vote from me)

- Ariana (you've really stayed consistent after Round 2) 

Honorable mentions:

Adele - back on track :)

Robyn - very structured and though out 

Sia - impressive essay as always. 

2 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Off

- Troye  (no album talk) 

- Halsey (essay wasn't as easy to understand as others) 

Save 

- Kelly (really liked how you connected the two songs and the album as a puzzle. That really sealed your save vote from me)

- Ariana (you've really stayed consistent after Round 2) 

Honorable mentions:

Adele - back on track :)

Robyn - very structured and though out 

Sia - impressive essay as always. 

oh wow thank you :hug: I'm not too confident this round tbh

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, Lazuli said:

Sent :cm: 

Before anyone has even voted too :cm: 

hi

gng7qFd.gif

Edited by theycallmemaraj

1 minute ago, theycallmemaraj said:

oh wow thank you :hug: I'm not too confident this round tbh

Your welcome. And trust me hun, that's how I feel about every round :toofunny3: 

I had to rework my essay about 3 times to get it where I felt like I covered every base needed.

Just now, MusicLoverDude said:

Your welcome. And trust me hun, that's how I feel about every round :toofunny3: 

I had to rework my essay about 3 times to get it where I felt like I covered every base needed.

Slay :gaycat5:  I rushed mine because I thought I was gonna miss the deadline lol, where is everyone

9 minutes ago, theycallmemaraj said:

Slay :gaycat5:  I rushed mine because I thought I was gonna miss the deadline lol, where is everyone

Work and school maybe? Or sleeping?

Nnn, not me thinking this was one of my best rounds :skull: I need to stop writing like such a law student. 

I'll vote very soon! 

OFF

Troye Sivan: As others have already said, you didn't really mention anything about how these songs come together to contribute to the cohesiveness of the album. It kind of felt like you were saying "these songs are opposites, but they work well together on an album because an album needs opposites", which is just restating the challenge as opposed to providing a reason.

Conchita Wurst: I thought you did a good job explaining how the songs were opposites in terms of the production, but you lost me a bit on the lyrics/messages. You said that one song talks about Conchita questioning if there are good men in the world, whereas the other song talks about her having to stand on her own, and to me those actually feel quite similar in message instead of being opposites.

SAVE

Robyn: After your great first round, I thought you had faltered a bit in Rounds 2 and 3 in terms of being really focused on what the challenge was asking, but you absolutely nailed this one. You explained how the songs are opposites in a clear and concise way, and I love how you approached their cohesiveness from multiple different perspectives instead of just one general statement. Amazing job!

Samantha Jade: What I really liked about your entry is how you applied the specific thesis about the album that you established in the first round, and showed us just how strong that thesis is by proving that even opposite songs on the album contribute to it. I also thought that the last part about how each song can lead into different sides of the album was a nice touch. And finally, I must say that this was probably your most well-written entry so far, so congrats!

Honourable Mention: Kelly Clarkson - I thought your explanation of how the songs were opposites was very clear, and I liked your tie-in to the album. The only reason I didn't save you is that the middle paragraph in your essay felt like a tangent that went on for slightly too long, and it kind of took the focus away from the strong points you had been making about the songs and album. But other than that, good job.

Edited by shelven

OFF
Troye - there wasn't enough album talk

Conchita - there was album talk, but I would have loved a stronger link

SAVE

The Weeknd - great improvement over other rounds

Samantha Jade - Shelven summed it up very well

Sorry that my reviews are short. I've been super busy :'( 

Very honored for the save votes @shelven and @Rihlana. :hug:

Just now, MusicLoverDude said:

Very honored for the save votes @shelven and @Rihlana. :hug:

Well deserved! It's been my favourite entry of yours so far! :hug: 

judges.png

As announced before, we will have three fixed judges plus a guest judge and I am here to reveal who will that be for this third round!

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                        LAZULI                            KAVISH

You think you know but you have no idea... She has won the contest once, she has been a judge already and we missed her so much... Ladies and Gentlemen, as Sergio Ramos...

Sergio_Ramos.png

RONALDISTA

Thank you so much for accepting my request, @Ronaldista for joining! I can't wait to have you back on the panel with us! @Kavish and @Lazuli!

Edited by Pedro

Yaaaaas Anna! :party: You should just be a permanent judge tbh. :keir: 

I cant get over that pic of Sergio. How hot!!

Off:

-Ariana

-Queen Conchita

Save:

-Kelly

-Robyn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.