Old Town Road certified Diamond by the RIAA

Green

3 hours ago, Little Dark Age said:

the certification has been removed from the site :psyduck:

:rip:

It should definitely be diamond now lol, what now? I dont even see its prior 3X plat certification 

@Green

What happened?

It shows Panini as Platinum and no mention of Old Town Road. :skull:

4 hours ago, Armani? said:

:rip:

It should definitely be diamond now lol, what now? I dont even see its prior 3X plat certification 

@Green

A mess. They removed it. I don't see any certification now but it's obviously Diamond and it's probably a mistake

The one that they should remove is that fake FEFE 8x Platinum certification instead :rip: 

7 hours ago, moonlight! said:

Why is the RIAA labeling this as the fastest song to go Diamond when CITW did it in 2 weeks? https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Candle+in+the+wind+#search_section

or am I missing something? :huh:

There's a technicality here. CITW 97 was certified 11XP while still at #1. However, the RIAA did not introduce the Diamond-level of Certification until 1999. When the RIAA did certify everything that had sold 10+ MM copies, CITW 97 was the only single to earn that award. So, since OTR has reached Diamond in less than a year, and the RIAA now includes sales and streaming towards Diamond awards, OTR now holds the fastest-to-Diamond award.

This link on the RIAA's website page shows that the RIAA created the Diamond-Level Certification of 10 MM in 1999. So, at that point, everything certified at 10XP+ was made eligible for the Diamond. https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/about-awards/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.