Diversity: Season 1.25 &The Winner Is....

Speezy

KucHysZ.gif

:flower: CRITIQUES :flower: 

Spoiler

Hikari - Heaven #Beyonce  - Okay we're off to a nice start here, Bey did what she had to do here 
Hikari - The Last Song #Rihanna - It was just okay but the words for this song were really sad
Hikari - Here For Me #JessicaMauboy - I don't know, it wasn't a bad song but I just wasn't really moved while listening to it
Hikari - Save Me #Queen - While I did like the contrast between the verses and the chorus, the chorus hyped me too much to even feel sad
Hikari - Dear John #TaylorSwift - I was a bit bored ngl maybe because it was too long perhaps, "You're Not Sorry" would've been my choice for this round
Hikari - Learn The Hard Way #Brandy - While the lyrics were sad but the beats were too boppish so I'm kinda conflicted now
Hikari - So Impossible #KeyshiaCole - It was no "Love" or "I Remember" but still a slay I guess 
Hikari - Happy Birthday, Johnny #StVincent - It was a nice storytelling, simple but it worked
Hikari - Nineteen #TeganAndSara - Why not send a Paramore song? Maybe I would've liked this song more if it was just Hayley singing it 
Hikari - Marlboro Lights #NataliaKills - I just wish the chorus was as strong as the verses, the bridge kinda made up for it tho
Hikari - Lost #KatyPerry - Not bad at all, miss katheryn 
Hikari - Big White Room #JessieJ - I actually liked how her vocals here were controlled compared to her usual over the top performances, really nice (okay maybe she was still oversinging here)
Hikari - Echoes of Silence #TheWeeknd - Well that was very haunting, was it sad enough? Maybe.
Hikari - better off #ArianaGrande - I love this song but I didn't really find it sad 
Hikari - Funeral #ZaraLarsson - Sad unfortunately was not found, maybe it was buried as well
Hikari - And Dream of Sheep #KateBush - The piano, the storytelling, her voice everything all blended well :clap3:
Hikari - I Run Away #Britney Spears - The song would've been better minus those robotic effects but I liked the song regardless 
Hikari - Old Money #LandDelRey - I mean duh, yes this is a sad song... a really good one at it too 
Hikari - Wrong Decision #MansZelmerlow - The "I'm not ok" part was better than the whole chorus but yes the song was sad
Hikari - X-Static Princess #Madonna - Idk why but the guitar never worked for me, I only enjoyed the bridge part of the song
Hikari - Pearls #Sade - Another well told story, the instruments used in the background also did help to set the gloomy mood
Hikari - Speechless #LadyGaga - I've never gotten the hype for this song, it was alright at best xx
Hikari - Cry. #MariahCarey - Loved it, mimi just never fails to deliver when it comes to ballads
Hikari - I'm OK - #ChristinaAguilera - Another well told story [2], more strippped down this time
Hikari - Where you at #LOONA - Cute song but their 2016 sales were sadder than this
Hikari - For The Love of a Daughter #Demi Lovato - Maybe if the oversinging (I mean it works in some of her songs) was toned down a lil bit, I would've liked it better

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speezy

• thecptz

• miguel

• fiercE

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Yvess said:

@Speezy told us in the judges group chat to post our crits here, so im gonna do it since im done doing it 

Kinda felt shy to tag you all btw.

xoxo

My Critiques:

46dvYrt.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Yvess - #Beyonce - This fits the theme well. I love the lyrical content, it gives me the sad feels. The breakdown to the final chorus could've been more sadder but it is not a major thing for me. :gaycat2:

Yvess - #Rihanna -- It was all fun and games until she uttered:"...And the sad song, ends up being the Last Song you'll ever hear..." :weeps:

Yvess - #JessicaMauboy  - Touches the "sad" theme but I don't get to connect at it that much. Even at second listen. Props to her vocal chops here! :worship2:

Yvess - #Queen - Who is cutting the onions? Ugh. This is so beautifully sad imo. I like how he sounds weak at the start then switches it to anger-ish tone in the chorus then goes back to the weakling tone on the verses. :clap3:

Yvess - #TaylorSwift -  This sets you to a crying spree. Good job! It kinda makes me want to break up with my non-existent boyfriend just to listen to this song again spiritually. :clap3:

Yvess - #Brandy -  First, slay at picking a track from Never Say Never. I love this song since you can feel her pain due to her trashy bf. Cool choice. :worship:

Yvess - #KeyshiaCole -  I love me some template R&B ballad so that is already a win on your part! I love how this song cuts so deep and my heart wouldn't let me walk away

Yvess - #StVincent - And that's how you do storytelling... slayed me. I love how you chose a song that tends to "celebrate" but ends up hurting anyone who gets to listen to it. S L A Y!

Yvess - #TeganAndSara  - I love songs that brings me nostalgic vibes. :weeps:

Yvess - #NataliaKills - I cry. This is a strong choice, the lyrics bb is so sad. Lovin' her vocal quality here too. :cries:

Yvess - #KatyPerry - Spot on choice for me. I am glad you are now representing your fave so I am expecting slayage from you on this game. :flower:

Yvess - #JessieJ  - Smart choice for sending in a live version, it gives awareness to her vocal strength. This version is more sad especially when she sings the chorus over and over... :clap3:

Yvess - #TheWeeknd  - SLAY. This is beautifully depressing. :clap3:

Yvess - #ArianaGrande - Cute. The lyrics is ok. The song is not that powerful to give me sad vibes tho. My Everything or JALBOYH could be strong contenders for this round imo. :smitten:

Yvess - #ZaraLarsson  - The song does not sonically sound sad to me but props for the cute lyrics tho. :emofish:

Yvess - #KateBush  - I don't really know her that much but i have this to say to her song: Perfection. Period. :jonny5:

Yvess - #BritneySpears  - I want more kind of songs like this from her. Love the chorus. 

Yvess - #LanaDelRey -  Digging how she can sing the saddest side of things, That's why many of us can relate to her music, it has that feeling of resonating relatability that makes you sad instantly. :alexz:
Yvess - #MansZelmerlow  - I can hear and feel the regrets.... The lyrics is saddening. The chorus is heavenly especially when he says "Im Not Ok" multiple times :cries:

Yvess - #Madonna  - I love it when Madge sings her ballad-ish songs. I like also the way she sings backup or second voice. Cool choice. :smitten:

Yvess - #Sade  - You cannot spell Sade without S-A-D, :clap3:

Yvess - #LadyGaga  - This is one of her best songs tbh. The sadness in the verses then the way she sings her heart out in the chorus is so infectious. Slayful choice. :clap3:

Yvess - #MariahCarey  - I dunno why this wasnt released as a single. It has the trademark of Mimi's heartbreaking ballads. such a beautiful song, and oh yes, very underrated too. :cries:

Yvess - #ChristinaAguilera - Another great storytelling done. Xtina's traumatic childhood in a nutshell. The final chorus til the end is heartbreakingly sad. :heart2:

Yvess - #LOONA - Cute choice. I dunno if it is a good thing that I kinda bopped to the hook. :psyduck:

Yvess - #DemiLovato - I am not crying, you are esp when she sings “I can be manipulated only so many times. Before even ‘I love you’ starts to sound like a lie.” :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, Hikari said:

KucHysZ.gif

:flower: CRITIQUES :flower: 

Reveal hidden contents

Hikari - Heaven #Beyonce  - Okay we're off to a nice start here, Bey did what she had to do here 
Hikari - The Last Song #Rihanna - It was just okay but the words for this song were really sad
Hikari - Here For Me #JessicaMauboy - I don't know, it wasn't a bad song but I just wasn't really moved while listening to it
Hikari - Save Me #Queen - While I did like the contrast between the verses and the chorus, the chorus hyped me too much to even feel sad
Hikari - Dear John #TaylorSwift - I was a bit bored ngl maybe because it was too long perhaps, "You're Not Sorry" would've been my choice for this round
Hikari - Learn The Hard Way #Brandy - While the lyrics were sad but the beats were too boppish so I'm kinda conflicted now
Hikari - So Impossible #KeyshiaCole - It was no "Love" or "I Remember" but still a slay I guess 
Hikari - Happy Birthday, Johnny #StVincent - It was a nice storytelling, simple but it worked
Hikari - Nineteen #TeganAndSara - Why not send a Paramore song? Maybe I would've liked this song more if it was just Hayley singing it 
Hikari - Marlboro Lights #NataliaKills - I just wish the chorus was as strong as the verses, the bridge kinda made up for it tho
Hikari - Big White Room #JessieJ - I actually liked how her vocals here were controlled compared to her usual over the top performances, really nice (okay maybe she was still oversinging here)
Hikari - Echoes of Silence #TheWeeknd - Well that was very haunting, was it sad enough? Maybe.
Hikari - better off #ArianaGrande - I love this song but I didn't really find it sad 
Hikari - Funeral #ZaraLarsson - Sad unfortunately was not found, maybe it was buried as well
Hikari - And Dream of Sheep #KateBush - The piano, the storytelling, her voice everything all blended well :clap3:
Hikari - I Run Away #Britney Spears - The song would've been better minus those robotic effects but I liked the song regardless 
Hikari - Old Money #LandDelRey - I mean duh, yes this is a sad song... a really good one at it too 
Hikari - Wrong Decision #MansZelmerlow - The "I'm not ok" part was better than the whole chorus but yes the song was sad
Hikari - X-Static Princess #Madonna - Idk why but the guitar never worked for me, I only enjoyed the bridge part of the song
Hikari - Pearls #Sade - Another well told story, the instruments used in the background also did help to set the gloomy mood
Hikari - Speechless #LadyGaga - I've never gotten the hype for this song, it was alright at best xx
Hikari - Cry. #MariahCarey - Loved it, mimi just never fails to deliver when it comes to ballads
Hikari - I'm OK - #ChristinaAguilera - Another well told story [2], more strippped down this time
Hikari - Where you at #LOONA - Cute song but their 2016 sales were sadder than this
Hikari - For The Love of a Daughter #Demi Lovato - Maybe if the oversinging (I mean it works in some of her songs) was toned down a lil bit, I would've liked it better

@Rider @thecptz @Invisibility @Black Canary @Overprotected @EriKills

@KatyCatPH @Genio @lightstheyblindme @Noah @URBAN @Sabbath

@Psycho @fiercE @LCTV @Lukey @Destro @luckystrike

@bestfiction @Disruptive @Not Like The Movies @K$Ellie

@kipperskipper @Aiko. @Brutus and Cassius

We we love judge critiques

jessie j and oversinging = an ICONIC duo :clap3:

Luv tha thread title :-*

1 hour ago, Hikari said:

:deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Speezy said:

Yvess - #KatyPerry - Spot on choice for me. I am glad you are now representing your fave so I am expecting slayage from you on this game. :flower:

1 hour ago, Speezy said:

Acclaimty! :celestial4:

10 minutes ago, Destro said:

:deadbanana4:

Wait :bibliahh:

J5jWgTu.gif

Critiques :alexz:

Spoiler

Dibbles – Heaven - #Beyoncé I have a love/hate relationship with the lyrics, but I do want to keep listening to the track. Having said that, it didn’t really hit my emotions.

Dibbles – The last song - #Rihanna - This was a nice surprise. I’m not that familiar with her catalog besides the singles. The lyrics were okay and loved the instrumentals.

Dibbles - Here For Me - #JessicaMauboy - I love her voice and the song isn’t horrible enough to give no points, but that’s all the compliments I can give to this song.

Dibbles - Save Me - #Queen - Love the lyrics and the verses in general. I also liked the chorus, but it got me a bit out of my sad mood, even though it’s fitting with queen.

Dibbles - Dear John - #TaylorSwift - I really didn’t have to hear it again to give this one a score, because I know it by heart. I love the build up till the bridge and the lyrics are one of her best. The song doesn’t make me really sad tho, not like Last Kiss or All too Well and maybe it’s a tad too long.

Dibbles - Learn the Hard Way - #Brandy - Same thing here about it being a tad too long for my taste and it not really making me sad. I liked the lyrics, but they kinda became too repetitive for my taste. Still liked the song overall.

Dibbles - So Impossible - #KeyshiaCole - A slay. Loved the vocals, lyrics, melody, basically all of it. Definitely adding this to my playlists. Near a perfect score, but the so impossible part kept me from giving that.

Dibbles - Happy Birthday, Johnny #StVincent - Wow. I love songs where they tell a story, and this is a great one. It really makes me quiet and I just want to listen to what St. Vincent has to say. The production fits perfect with the lyrics and it all makes me sad for everyone involved with this story.

Dibbles - Nineteen #TeganAndSara – I felt myself bopping more than feeling sad. Having said that I liked the song and loved the bridge. It brings me back to the ‘old’ days and the lyrics are very relatable. I can see myself listening to it a couple more times.

Dibbles - Marlboro Lights #NataliaKills - It took a bit of time to decide whether I liked the song or not. I love the lyrics and the song feels sad, just don’t like her singing style during the chorus. It actually gave me a headache if I kept the song at my usual volume. This kept distracting me from an otherwise good song.

Dibbles - Lost #KatyPerry - Pleasantly surprised by this one. Not her best, but current Katy should definitely give this one a listen and remember what she used to make and sing.

Dibbles - Big White Room - #JessieJ - Her voice give me chills, when she doesn’t overdo it of course. Either way she keeps being an underrated vocalist. This is another song with lyrics I like. And even with all the runs, the song made me feel something. So good choice.

Dibbles - Echoes of Silence - #TheWeeknd - The Weeknd. My Ethiopian brother from another mother. It’s a no from me on the sad department. The song just misses something for me to make it go from haunting to hauntingly beautiful and sad. The song isn’t bad and could see myself listening to it again, especially for the way his voice shines in this song.

Dibbles - better off #ArianaGrande – One of the few songs I kept from Sweetener and it’s a good song, but I kept bopping instead of feeling any sad emotion.  

Dibbles - Funeral #ZaraLarsson - What is up with all these non-sad songs. This is unfortunately another one and too bad this song doesn’t make up for it in quality.

Dibbles - And Dream of Sheep #KateBush - Her voice, the piano, the lyrics… just magical. This one was maybe too short, but that is just selfish me that wants to keep listening without having to hit repeat too often. This one definitely falls under sad songs, well done.

Dibbles - I Run Away #Britney Spears - This song is not bad, but also not great. It gives me major early 2000s Eurovision vibes.

Dibbles - Old Money #LandDelRey - Another great one. Again, here the instruments, her voice and lyrics just come together in such a perfect and magical way and it truly is a sad song.

Dibbles - Wrong Decision #MansZelmerlow - The song is another one that falls under the ‘not bad, not great’ category. Everything from the lyrics to his voice is okay, but nothing stands out. At least this song is sad.

Dibbles - X-Static Princess #Madonna - This one was interesting to me, so I listened to it a couple of times. There was something off about her vocals to me when she started to harmonize with herself. At least I think it was herself. But despite that I started to love the song more and more the longer it went on and it fits the sad theme.

Dibbles - Pearls #Sade - Y’all keep sending these pearls in. My sad songs playlist will be filled after this round. Even though I’m afraid I keep repeating myself, this is another song where everything just comes to together to form a beautiful sad and in this case almost haunting song, that keeps me on the edge of my seat just listening to every single word and note. Another fantastic choice.

Dibbles - Speechless #LadyGaga - At this point of the list I kinda realize I should listen to more album tracks from other artists. I learned from my own fave that they are often the best. The same goes for this one. Love her voice and singing style here. I can easily put this song on repeat. Unfortunately, it doesn’t hit the sad scale very high for me.  

Dibbles - Cry. #MariahCarey - I must admit I started laughing at the start, but her amazing voice pulled me right back in. Like the title of the song already points to this really is a sad song. I loved it, maybe not enough for a perfect score, but very close to it.  

Dibbles - I'm OK - #ChristinaAguilera - Chills from the very first line. Such a sad story. I listened to every single word. The lyrics, vocals and guitar were perfect. This really didn’t need more or less of anything.  

Dibbles - Where you at #LOONA - As a bop this could have had a cute score, but even though the lyrics hint at something sad, this is not it.

Dibbles - For The Love of a Daughter #Demi Lovato - I love, love, love the lyrics. And for a nice surprise I love her vocals here actually. Even though it’s a bit too loud for me, so I get dizzy, but that’s my issue with my ear/balance organ. I would have loved it if she went back to the soft parts more to truly hit the emotion. Still great choice.

I guess now is the time to go in hiding huh :fan: 

YAS queen Dibbles! The acclaim. 

5PUyGZJ.gif

Can't wait for the next round. 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Queen's anthemic choruses during sad songs................

5PUyGZJ.gif

jk, thank u judges :heart2:

Since it's Fall, I'm assuming there will be a "Fall Theme" if so I think I have my song. 

5PUyGZJ.gif

Not the judges being quicker than the host when I seen y’all entries before them :deadbanana4: . Whew the Diamond Cut judge panel 

Looks like I'm probably in the middle so I'm safe

5PUyGZJ.gif

11 minutes ago, Speezy said:

Not the judges being quicker than the host when I seen y’all entries before them :deadbanana4: . Whew the Diamond Cut judge panel 

We expect results and round Twooth tonight.

5PUyGZJ.gif

11 minutes ago, Speezy said:

CG8's impact knows no bounds.....................

Just now, Sabbath said:

CG8's impact knows no bounds.....................

Hi Sabbaeth

qIfhZaW.gif

I would like to thank world hunger for giving my fave the inspiration for ha sing :monkey:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.