Chartmasters: Taylor at 84M CSPC, Lover 3.1M already

peterstyles13

CSPC-Taylor-Swift-discography-sales.png

For a total of 84,361,000 CSPC :clap3: That is a 7.5M boost in 11 months despite the fact that he is subjectively weighing down Chinese sales. They also said that in the long run, reputation should end up with relatively similar numbers to her debut and Speak Now, showing how consistent she is. Thoughts?

https://chartmasters.org/2019/09/taylor-swift-albums-and-songs-sales/

Edited by peterstyles13

Chinese sales should be counted 100%, just like the Russian and Indian ones. This is crazy. 

Chinese music market is the most progressive in the world. Who is miss CSPC fooling with that?

republic has already confirmed Lover moved 3M WW units by the end of the first week, so the number is much bigger than 3.1M

Another example of why CSPC is not a reliable method or a valid receipt :cm:

Oh, and also Rihanna stans told me Anti would have bigger CSPC stats than reputation?

• sGB8Qgp.gif

Very interesting considering Chartmasters updated Anti 2 months ago and it's at 1M less than reputation!

sGB8Qgp.gif

Just now, evtimow said:

Chinese sales should be counted 100%, just like the Russian and Indian ones. This is crazy. 

There's literally no logic behind him counting them as less. Russian and Indian downloads are often cheaper than Chinese downloads. He even admitted in the past that he doesn't fully count Chinese digital sales because Taylor is the only one who would benefit substantially from it considering how she's the only western artist to get big numbers. 

Lover and Reputation :clap3:

OT I don't understand why he doesn't count Chinese sales fully 

8 minutes ago, GypsyLAMB said:

Can someone give the number with the proper Chinese sales counted?

He also heavily undermines Chinese streams, but if we're talking strictly about Chinese digital sales, then 1989 would be at 19M, reputation would be at 8.1M and Lover would be at 3.7M. 

Edited by peterstyles13

3 minutes ago, GypsyLAMB said:

Can someone give the number with the proper Chinese sales counted?

NRJ confirmed Lover is at 5M WW SPS

sGB8Qgp.gif

The consistency in eras is very impressive :clap3:  Wow at even her debut hitting 10m. 

1 minute ago, mcohen said:

Lover and Reputation :clap3:

OT I don't understand why he doesn't count Chinese sales fully 

Racism :foxaylove2:

Hi, MJD
Russian album sales and Turkey album sales worth the same as Chinese digital album copies, at over $2. And South Korean single downloads are much cheaper, however you didn’t adjust it. For example, Halo sold nearly 3 million there, at 13 million worldwide, that representa a lot of it, you can’t say because Chinese numbers are so huge but cheap that affect CSPC sales volume, because the same situation is happening for Korea. Since IFPI counted Chinese digital copies as 1:1 as in other territories, now you do have to cancel the adjustment,or you do the same adjustment for countries like Korea and Southeast Asia(albums sold in SEA are much cheaper too).Reputation now should be at 5 million (around 3.5 million plus 1.5 million), and 1989 at 12 million (around 10.5 million plus 1.5 million).

This comment snapped :clap3:

5 minutes ago, evtimow said:

Oh, and also Rihanna stans told me Anti would have bigger CSPC stats than reputation?

• sGB8Qgp.gif

Very interesting considering Chartmasters updated Anti 2 months ago and it's at 1M less than reputation!

sGB8Qgp.gif

My thoughts exactly. What happened there? 

sGB8Qgp.gif

OT: :jonny5:

Very impressive. She will be one of the last few to cross 100M career album equivalents. It will take a very long time before we see more.

Damn, so many 10m+ is a row. Queen of consistency and success!! :jonny:

3 minutes ago, evtimow said:

• sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

Yup, it is intresting how the CSPC method systematically advantages singles artists like Rihanna and disadvantages albums artists like Taylor and yet even using that methodology, reputation ended up way bigger than Anti. I also vividly remember Rihanna stans saying Anti's bigger than reputation "using CSPC!11!!". Guess they were wrong :rip:

I can’t believe Lover might outdo Reputation that would actually be amazing and massive for her :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

There's literally no logic behind him counting them as less. Russian and Indian downloads are often cheaper than Chinese downloads. He even admitted in the past that he doesn't fully count Chinese digital sales because Taylor is the only one who would benefit substantially from it considering how she's the only western artist to get big numbers. 

I honestly dont get him. Its not Taylors fault she's so huge in China while the others fall behind immensely :cm: But he gets hyped when someone else out streams Taylor or something tho :zzz: he's ready to clock you with Maroon 5, Alan Walker and Olly Murs streams but when we clock him with pure sales he starts making up excuses :oh:

8 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I can’t believe Lover might outdo Reputation that would actually be amazing and massive for her :clap3: 

I don't think that will happen, Reputation will end up close to Speak Now/TS (As Chartmasters predicts)

Edited by mcohen

1 minute ago, mcohen said:

I don't think that will happen, Reputation will end up close to Speak Now/TS

If the lover song gets organic growth over the next months I think se could pass it, that single was made to be a slow burner during fall/winter a la delicate, which was what carried the Reputation album through 2018.

PURE SALES

Albums: 46.42 M 

Singles: 156.8 M

Total: 203.22 M

Will she be the last artist to sell 200 million pure record sales? :jonny5:

14 minutes ago, mcohen said:

I don't think that will happen, Reputation might end up close to Speak Now/TS (As Chartmasters predicts)

Especially if she's only doing the Lover Fest thing instead of a real worldwide tour. Tours help albums sell and have longetivity, if she doesn't do a tour for this album its chance of surpassing reputation are low. 

:jonny5:

And yeah Lover will not surpass reputation, the only way it could happen is if Lover organically grows into a mega smash and helps the album but looks like it will be a decent hit at most 

With Chinese sales counted properly, reputation would be at 4.9M in pure sales and Lover would be at 2.2M :clap3:

We love a strong album seller in this streaming age

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.