• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Mr.Fenty

• UNNAMI

• brianc33710

10 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

Lol 18th and final week. Hopefully won’t be the last.

19th week isn’t impossible obviously, but could be dethroned. 

10 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

Lol 18th and final week. Hopefully won’t be the last.

30 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

BilliexJustin sounded a lot more threatening than it actually ended up being. 

True, but he still was ahead by around 130 points. The Young Thug remix was nowhere close to contributing that amount of points towards his total. It was a smart move on his part to debut it during the same week though, just in case. But in the end the BRC version was still able to outchart BG+BG remix combined. 

I’m really happy he did that. Well deserved! It’s a great song unlike the others. 

I’m really happy he did that. Well deserved! It’s a great song unlike the others. 

2 hours ago, Brando said:

He should have kept the remix game for week 19/20. He didn't need any of the remixes to secure the first 18 weeks at #1. 

I'm sure he didn't want to take any chances.

Maybe he should release the remix of the remix to get 20 weeks more :lmao:

5 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

18th week confirmed, but Scooter said Ariana is going #1 so we’ll have to see :duca: wouldn’t put it past Taylor to release again and pull out the stops just to try to spite Scooter as well 

17 hours ago, Green said:

Yes, Scooter already said that Ariana's Boyfriend was going to debut at #1.

"Scooter said..."

And? :dies:

21 minutes ago, FAN said:

18th week confirmed, but Scooter said Ariana is going #1 so we’ll have to see :duca: wouldn’t put it past Taylor to release again and pull out the stops just to try to spite Scooter as well 

19th week is definitely possible but it’s also the first week in forever where OTR will have an actual threat.

11 hours ago, Green said:

The "breaking record" effect

I think on Friday he will discount all 5 versions in an effort to reach 19 weeks.  OTR's losses have shrunk (-840 k, was in millions), and BG's gains have slowed (+470 K, was also in millions).  So the airplay gap between OTR and BG may not get too much larger before Monday.  And, I have no doubt that he will repeatedly ask his followers to stream OTR like crazy.

1 hour ago, FAN said:

I can't see OTR falling further than 2. And OTR could move back the next week. They should release the songs one week apart so that they both hit #1.  But, Scooter v Swift could come to pass wk 19. OTR has kept rebounding, but eventually it will run out of gas.

As I said in my previous post, I feel almost certain that Lil Nas X will discount all 5 versions Friday. He won't go down without a fight. That's for sure. Is there a video of the Seoul version? If not, that could also come Friday.

NM there's already a video.

7 hours ago, Brando said:

He should have kept the remix game for week 19/20. He didn't need any of the remixes to secure the first 18 weeks at #1. 

I think he should've made an Alternative/Rock remix too. Then again, which artist would have agreed to do so?  Maybe he DID try.  The artist(s) might have turned down the request because they know that OTR fad won't be there much longer, but their name WOULD be attached to OTR forever.

10 hours ago, Touchdown said:

I'm sure he didn't want to take any chances.

Releasing a remix during BG remix cycle week was smart for sure. That one could have topped it. 

Big congratulations to Lil Nas X for breaking the record (and also to Mimi and B2M who held that record down for 20+ years) :clap3: 

I know we all think he's got one hit wonder status written all over him but I do hope he can manage to have a successful career in the music industry. Also want to congratulate Lizzo for shooting into the top 3 :jonny5: I really hope she goes #1. Even if you don't think Truth Hurts is a rap song or that she is considered a rapper, she'll be one of the few black women to top the H100 this decade (and as a lead artist) so I'm rooting for her either way.

Edit: I mixed up Lizzo's position. I think I saw a chart watcher say she was going top 3 next week and got excited but the rest of my point stands.

So 18 is on lock? Congrats! 

Would be dope for Lizzo to rise to the top too! 

1 hour ago, EarStyle said:

So 18 is on lock? Congrats! 

Would be dope for Lizzo to rise to the top too! 

18 is on lock, 19 is a fifty fifty, there's one competition: ariana grande. If she won't dethrone OTR, 19 and 20 is also happening.

Why isn't Blueface credited on that NLE Choppa song yet(Shotta Flow)?

JoshSpears1805

not congrats, Mariah done it without cheating 

1 hour ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

Do your research. This song (and some others maybe) by Mariah are known to have gotten those 1s through pure cheating. There’s many articles about it, so you can look it up.

1 hour ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

He never cheated, tho. He had enought points every single week to be 1 even without the remixes.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:05 AM, BussyFart said:

You aren’t understanding what I’m saying. Things that were once anomalies 30 years ago are happening more often now. I’m not doubting how special a song has to be in order to do it but saying another special song might come a lot sooner than you think. 

Lol.

Up until 1995, songs didnt even debut in the top 10. That year alone, MJ was the first artist to debut in the top 5 and we got 4 #1 debuts, one of which went on to break the record for most weeks at #1.

In fact, the record for longest stay at #1 was broken 3 times in the span of 4 years.

Boyz II Men broke it in 1992 with End of the Road for 13 weeks. Then in that same year, Whitney broke it with I Will Always Love You for 14 weeks. It was matched in 1994 by B2M again with I'll Make Love To You. Then it was broken by OSD 1995-1996

With the introduction of Soundscan in 1991, things that were once considered "anomolies" were constantly being broken. This is nothing new as history clearly contradicts what you are trying to claim

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.