Old Town Road officially breaks record

iHype.

QueenofCopyPaste
2 hours ago, Green said:

OTR = 507

Bad Guy = 420

I underestimated Bad Guy's streams and overestimated OTR's streams. The gap is closer than I predicted

Without the BTS remix, Bad Guy would be #1 next monday but now it seems like Nasmaraj will be #1 for an 18th week.

After than he will fall because according to Billboard he promised that the BTS remix would be the last one. Maybe Billie will have a chance after that, unless the Ariana song is too big.

Don't you think Senorita and Truth Hurts may leap over Bad Guy given their radio gains? 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Mr.Fenty

• UNNAMI

• brianc33710

37 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Don't you think Senorita and Truth Hurts may leap over Bad Guy given their radio gains? 

Maybe, but Bad Guy still has a small chance if it doesn't peak on radio and the streams don't fall too much.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, Green said:

Maybe, but Bad Guy still has a small chance if it doesn't peak on radio and the streams don't fall too much.

Hmm its like about to peak on radio now... We'll see.. Interesting 

Billie is gonna be stable till at least Mid August on Radio. bad guy is perfect for Pop Radio this summer.

7 hours ago, ATWK said:

"Nowadays, you can stream songs by accident and it'll count to the charts. Back in the old days, the GP had to spend 40 days and 40 nights in the forest fighting bears and climbing hills just to get to the store to buy the physical single. Streaming has truly ruined everything. They should come up with a separate chart."

:ahh:

4 hours ago, BeautifulFighter said:

RIP One Sweet Day, I wonder the former co record holder will send out a congratulatory tweet to Lil Nas skskskskk :) 

Also those thinking that this record will be broken quickly are delulu. 

2015 Uptown funk 14 weeks at #1

2016 Closer 12 weeks at #1

2017 Despacito 16 weeks at #1 

2019 Old Town Road 17+ weeks at #1 

It’s not a reach to think that the record could be broken in the next 2 years. There’s been three #1 debuts this year alone. Streaming has made the charts fairly unpredictable. 

8 hours ago, ATWK said:

"Nowadays, you can stream songs by accident and it'll count to the charts. Back in the old days, the GP had to spend 40 days and 40 nights in the forest fighting bears and climbing hills just to get to the store to buy the physical single. Streaming has truly ruined everything. They should come up with a separate chart."

:bibliahh:

Sad day for music :sad: 

Great day for representation :clap3: 

BeautifulFighter
1 hour ago, BussyFart said:

2015 Uptown funk 14 weeks at #1

2016 Closer 12 weeks at #1

2017 Despacito 16 weeks at #1 

2019 Old Town Road 17+ weeks at #1 

It’s not a reach to think that the record could be broken in the next 2 years. There’s been three #1 debuts this year alone. Streaming has made the charts fairly unpredictable. 

In a similar span back in the 90s Boyz to Men and Whitney had songs that reached 14 weeks, then Mariah and Boyz II Men had 16 weeks. 

There were also number one debuts back to back then also, Mariah, Whitney and Boyz II Men had number one debuts and maybe Celine also. 

I highly doubt we will see another 17 week number one within the next two years. Takes a special song to do that. 

You TASTELESS rats celebrating in here  :pukey:

Y'all don't deserve her 

5 minutes ago, BeautifulFighter said:

In a similar span back in the 90s Boyz to Men and Whitney had songs that reached 14 weeks, then Mariah and Boyz II Men had 16 weeks. 

There were also number one debuts back to back then also, Mariah, Whitney and Boyz II Men had number one debuts and maybe Celine also. 

I highly doubt we will see another 17 week number one within the next two years. Takes a special song to do that. 

You aren’t understanding what I’m saying. Things that were once anomalies 30 years ago are happening more often now. I’m not doubting how special a song has to be in order to do it but saying another special song might come a lot sooner than you think. 

BeautifulFighter
3 minutes ago, BussyFart said:

You aren’t understanding what I’m saying. Things that were once anomalies 30 years ago are happening more often now. I’m not doubting how special a song has to be in order to do it but saying another special song might come a lot sooner than you think. 

And you clearly didn't understand what I said. 

What has happened in these years happened 30 years ago also. 

I don't believe the record will be broken anytime soon. If you do , great. Yah you. 

OTR still has a huge lead over BG in sales (2+:1) & VS (also 2+:1), but OTR's ODS lead isn't as big.  AND, BG now has more than DOUBLE OTR's radio audience, and the difference will expand further each day.  This will counteract OTR's other large leads.  So, OTR will reach 18 wks, but then BG or someone else will then move into #1.  I'm actually Lil Nas X hasn't put the discount back on the other 4 mixes.  He has 3 more tracking days to pad his lead.  If he tries for wk 19, he'll need everything discounted and rally his troops for an ODS frenzy  Maybe that's his plan for Friday.

2 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Hmm its like about to peak on radio now... We'll see.. Interesting 

BG gained 740 K today at radio, while OTR lost 790 k.  Since #1 only gained 340 k, # 2, and Sucker, which has already peaked (but with 30 k) BG's 740 is still pretty good.  But, BG trails #3 in radio by 17.4 MM impressions too.

BG still has some room to gain, but its growth rate is definitely slower than lw's.

10 hours ago, Slamless said:

you see the quotation marks right sis

10 hours ago, ATWK said:

:heart2:

That's... the point.

I knew it was sarcasm but i don't know why i still call it out lmao

Sorry guys, i was being a bitch at that time :dies: 

Congratulations :clap3: 

I can’t believe someone finally broke it :deadbanana4: 

I have to congratulate Lil Nas X for this achievement :clap3:

It's his record only right? Since the first week at #1 was the solo version

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I knew it was sarcasm but i don't know why i still call it out lmao

Sorry guys, i was being a bitch at that time :dies: 

No problem. :heart2:

wow a star is born :clap3:

An atrl member snatched the record :deadbanana2:

The news of breaking the record is already having a massive effect on iTunes. He can't lose :lmao:

Do we have "official" points for the Top 10 this week? 

44 minutes ago, Brando said:

Do we have "official" points for the Top 10 this week? 

Only for the top 2:

1. OTR 507

2. Bad Guy 420

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.