Old Town Road officially breaks record

iHype.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, Enoch said:

ne20pxS.png

tHiS sOnG isNt eVen KNoWn oUtSiDe tHe US :isudumblmao:

why does it say #3 for Canada? It's been #1 for 16 weeks here.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Mr.Fenty

• UNNAMI

• brianc33710

13 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

why does it say #3 for Canada? It's been #1 for 16 weeks here.

Its a chart for the solo ver

QueenofCopyPaste

19th week favor of OTR

25 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

19th week favor of OTR

20 weeks here we go :jonny4:

QueenofCopyPaste

PULSEMUSICBOARDS FINAL PREDICTIONS

1 (=) Old Town Road 495
2 (=) bad guy 377
3 (=) Señorita 352
4 (+1) Truth Hurts 330
5 (+6) No Guidance 329
6 (-2) Talk 316
7 (-1) I Don't Care 294
8 (-1) Goodbyes 234
9 (+10) Ran$om 228
10 (-2) Sucker 222

Senorita 20 points below bad guy. Once it takes over it, it's over for badguy

1 hour ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

1 (=) Old Town Road 495
2 (=) bad guy 377
3 (=) Señorita 352
4 (+1) Truth Hurts 330
5 (+6) No Guidance 329
6 (-2) Talk 316
7 (-1) I Don't Care 294
8 (-1) Goodbyes 234
9 (+10) Ran$om 228
10 (-2) Sucker 222

Didn't he have 495 points last week? I'm pretty sure he will increase with sales, streams and overall points as a result this week. Not sure how quickly radio is dropping him though to offset gains on other formats.  

lead country females w/multiple songs that at least made it into 40s on H100 this decade (and let's go with t20 in country):

Carrie - Good Girl 18, Blown Away 20, Undo It 23, Something in the Water 24, See You Again 34, Two Black Cadillacs 41, Heartbeat 42, Church Bells 43, Smoke Break 43, Little Toy Guns 47, Dirty Laundry 48, Cry Pretty 48

Miranda - Somethin' Bad 19, Mama's Broken Heart 20, House that Built Me 28, Over You 35, Automatic 35, Heart Like Mine 44, Baggage Claim 44, Fastest Girl in Town 47, Vice 47

Taylor - WANEGBT 1, Mine 3, Back to December 6, Red 6, Begin Again 7, Mean 11, Ours 13, Sparks Fly 17

Kelsea - Peter Pan 35, Love Me Like You Mean It 45, Miss Me More 47

I love OTR & Lil Nas X but this has gone too far. It beat the record, that’s good enough. At this point Panini & Rodeo are already losing potential

inwonder how high and long lil nas will raise the bar for this record :ahh:

41 minutes ago, JChart said:

I love OTR & Lil Nas X but this has gone too far. It beat the record, that’s good enough. At this point Panini & Rodeo are already losing potential

You act like he put out another remix. It’s not his fault the song is still going to be number 1 at this point and he already has a music video for panini made that they are preparing to release.

8 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

1 (=) Old Town Road 495
2 (=) bad guy 377
3 (=) Señorita 352
4 (+1) Truth Hurts 330
5 (+6) No Guidance 329
6 (-2) Talk 316
7 (-1) I Don't Care 294
8 (-1) Goodbyes 234
9 (+10) Ran$om 228
10 (-2) Sucker 222

No Guidance :biblio: is that going to be a #1 contender too? 

So we have bad guy, Señorita, boyfriend, Truth Hurts,no guidance and ransom :ahh:

3 hours ago, JChart said:

He didn't even discount any version on itunes. It'a gp's fault lol

QueenofCopyPaste
3 hours ago, JChart said:

It's about timing as well... 

2 hours ago, Pearcider said:

He should push it to 20 at this point... 

21 hours ago, Brando said:

Week 19 possible? :dancehall:

Well, OTR is back to #1 when combining the #2 total with the 2 versions 101-50.  It's at around 1.250 with Boyfriend at 1.000.  So, who knows lol. Each extra week with with OT rewriting the #1 record will give it a boost, although with diminishing returns.  

I would really like OTR to reach 2 MM.  He is the last one who could do so with the newest songs to reach that label.   Adele could do it too, but by then sales could be so flat that even she couldn't get more than a 300-350 k opening week.

Old Bloke on UK Mix had OTRs total at 1.206 MM headed into this week, or 46 k since the previous tracking period.  I think OTR will add 50 k to that total this week with its surge following breaking the record. So, I say 1.256 MM sold after this last week.  OTR will also get at least one VMA award,

Also, one of the lower-level Country awards shows will want X and BRC to preform OTR for their in-house (and viewers watching at home) audience.  So 1.5 MM downloads for OTR is now a lock.

Old Bloke on UK mix now has OTRs ODS streaming up to 743.2 MM, which was 26 MM more than the week before.  So, OTR will probably get 28-30 M ODS for the total, which would take it to around 772 MM.  So, OTR would then need 228 MM more ODS to reach 1 B ODS.

So as far as potential OTR thresholds, OTR will get to 1.5 MM downloads. 

I think OTR could probably get to 1 B ODS, but that's not certain. 

The hardest hurdle for OTR to reach is 2 MM downloads.

The least likely barrier for OTR to overcome is the 2 MM download total.  I know Despacito was still selling 80 K/wk at 2.2 MM, but then took many months more to finally reach 3 MM.  SOY is pretty close, probably at around 2.9 MM.  Perfect is just over 2 MM, and it won't get much further than that.  I think Meant To Be sold 1.5 MM, which is impressive by 2018 standards, but won't get any further than that.

2 hours ago, Pearcider said:

Yeah I felt pretty certain that X would discount all 5 versions starting Friday. But he didn't. Maybe he wants to see if can get 19 wks that then a discount might get to 20 wks.

15 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Final Predictions.

1. Old Town Road (=) ~18th week~

2. Bad Guy (=) 

3. Señorita (=) 

4. Truth Hurts (+1) 

5. Talk (-1) 

6. I Don't Care (=) 

7. No Guidance (+4) 

8. Goodbyes (-1) 

9. Sucker (-1) 

10. Sunflower (-1)

11. If I Can't Have You (-1) 

12. Money In The Grave (+1)

13. Suge (-1) 

14. Ransom (+5)

15. The Git Up (-1)

16. You Need To Calm Down (-1)  

17. Hey Look Ma, I Made It (-1) 

18. Someone You Loved (+2) 

19. Wow (-1)

20. Dancing With A Stranger (-3) 

Yas at Truth Hurts rising!

6 hours ago, JChart said:

Pharell, Robin Thicke, and John Legend agree with you here.  Even for Katy Perry, none of her singles have come anywhere close to her powerful Dark Horse.

3 hours ago, Pearcider said:

Yeah at this point, it's the GP's fault. They won't this song go.

The Billboard charts are so slow thanks to streaming. That's why even songs like Wow. are already charting on the decade end chart over the pre-streaming big hits from 2010-2011 (when streaming wasn't included on the charts).

At this point most songs on the all time chart will be songs from the streaming era if Billboard doesn't change the methodology for their decade end and all-time charts.

30 minutes ago, Green said:

The Billboard charts are so slow thanks to streaming. That's why even songs like Wow. are already charting on the decade end chart over the pre-streaming big hits from 2010-2011 (when streaming wasn't included on the charts).

At this point most songs on the all time chart will be songs from the streaming era if Billboard doesn't change the methodology for their decade end and all-time charts.

I remember reading that BB is going to weigh songs from the digital era and streaming era differently? I don’t think it was an official announcement, but Gary (I think?) alluded to it on twitter.

I think the decade-end chart will be fair... at least as fair as BB can get :cm: 

1 hour ago, Green said:

Yeah I’m fine with streaming but I said this back in 2015

the double counting and obesity of it all is going throw the balance off.

stans stay posting overinflated stats due to streaming which is fine if you compare it to other streaming but want to compare it to prior eras where things were weighted differently 

6 hours ago, FAN said:

No Guidance :biblio: is that going to be a #1 contender too? 

So we have bad guy, Señorita, boyfriend, Truth Hurts,no guidance and ransom :ahh:

No it’s just video boost.

its almost near peak for the song in radio in a few weeks and talk might be the only one falling but then Ariana will take its place. 

1 hour ago, Green said:

#21 Without me - 42 weeks

#27 Happier - 49 weeks

#34 High Hopes - 51 weeks :rip:

#43 Better - 45 weeks

Radio makes the chart stagnant

Congrats to Lil Nas X - do we have to wait for Adele for a new #1?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.