Whitney's top 20 most streamed songs in the UK

Hector

29 July 2019

Whitney Houston's Official Top 20 most-streamed tracks on the Official UK Chart

Taking into account audio and video streams since records began in 2014, we reveal the Top 20 most played Whitney Houston hits. First, some highlights:

Higher Love

The Kygo-mixed track is currently rising through the ranks of the Official Singles Chart, and already ranks at Number 15 just a few weeks after its release, with 7.8 million streams in the UK alone.

Originally a Japan-only bonus track on her 1990 album I'm Your Baby Tonight, Whitney's cover of Steve Winwood’s Top 20 hit was given a vitamin D-enriched treatment by dance producer Kygo. Currently hovering in the Top 20, if the single continues to climb it could potentially chart higher than the original, which peaked at Number 13 in 1986.

I Look To You

An emotional promotional track for Whitney’s seventh and final studio album of the same name, 2009’s I Look To You failed to reach the UK's Top 100 on release. It has been redeemed in the streaming age, however, placing at Number 11 on her most-streamed chart with 11.2 million plays.

When You Believe

Two icons. One Oscar-winning film soundtrack. A Whitney and Mariah Carey collab could only ever be a showstopper, so despite the duet from the The Prince Of Egypt (only!) reaching Number 4 on the Official Singles Chart in 1998, it’s Whitney’s sixth most played song of recent times with 22 million streams.

I Will Always Love You

One of the most famous and best-selling singles of all time, I Will Always Love You comes in at Number 2, earning 77.9 million plays. Covering Dolly Parton’s 1973 country ballad for the 1992 The Bodyguard soundtrack, it spent ten consecutive weeks at the chart pinnacle.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody

The clock strikes upon the hour, and it’s back at the top of our party playlist for the sixth time tonight... Taking the lead, Number 1 smash and ultimate party anthem I Wanna Dance With Somebody is Whitney’s most-streamed track, clocking up 93.7 million streams since records began in 2014.

Originally released in 1987 and leading the list by 15.8 million plays, it showcases the true potential for a pop stomper to stay relevant far past its initial release.

Whitney Houston’s Official Top 20 most-streamed tracks in the UK

TITLE ARTIST PEAK YEAR
1 I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY WHITNEY HOUSTON 1 1987
2 I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU WHITNEY HOUSTON 1 1992
3 I HAVE NOTHING WHITNEY HOUSTON 3 1993
4 HOW WILL I KNOW WHITNEY HOUSTON 5 1985
5 IT'S NOT RIGHT BUT IT'S OKAY WHITNEY HOUSTON 3 1999
6 WHEN YOU BELIEVE MARIAH CAREY & WHITNEY HOUSTON 4 1998
7 THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL WHITNEY HOUSTON 8 1986
8 MY LOVE IS YOUR LOVE WHITNEY HOUSTON 2 1999
9 SAVING ALL MY LOVE FOR YOU WHITNEY HOUSTON 1 1985
10 RUN TO YOU WHITNEY HOUSTON 15 1993
11 I LOOK TO YOU WHITNEY HOUSTON N/A 2009
12 ONE MOMENT IN TIME WHITNEY HOUSTON 1 1988
13 I'M EVERY WOMAN WHITNEY HOUSTON 4 1993
14 MILLION DOLLAR BILL WHITNEY HOUSTON 5 2009
15 HIGHER LOVE KYGO & WHITNEY HOUSTON 15 2019
16 ALL THE MAN THAT I NEED WHITNEY HOUSTON 13 1990
17 DIDN'T WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALL WHITNEY HOUSTON 14 1987
18 WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO WHITNEY HOUSTON 14 1988
19 STEP BY STEP WHITNEY HOUSTON 13 1997
20 I DIDN'T KNOW MY OWN STRENGTH WHITNEY HOUSTON 44 2009

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/whitney-houstons-official-top-20-most-streamed-tracks-on-the-official-uk-chart__26950/

I Look to You (didn’t chart) ended up out-streaming Million Dollar Bill (#5) 

Only the Queen. Higher Love about to go top 10 in the UK next weeks as well, only legends.

Strawberry Swing

Surprised that I’m Your Baby Tonight is not even in the Top 20 of her most-streamed songs in the UK

So many classics :jonny6:

I'm happy to see I Look To You so high, it's a very emotional song though I prefer I Didn't Know My Own Strength (which is top 20 yeah!!).

People are still being slayed by the bop that is It's Not Right But It's Okay and its legendary first verse, I see!

IDKMOS is that song!! :clap3:

Wait, I didn't know OMIT when #1, that classic, whew!!

All The Man That I Need peaking #13 is such a travesty!!

I have her on my list. I will start to listen to her discography in a month or something :duca: 

50 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

I have her on my list. I will start to listen to her discography in a month or something :duca: 

if you want any recommendations DM sis 

31 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

if you want any recommendations DM sis 

Sure, thank you very much :hughard: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.