• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metamorphosis

• perfectillusion

• Mystic Boy

• lonnie

8 minutes ago, avi said:

her songs are abused on the radios to the point that people want to throw up and yet she barely selling the same amount as gaga...sad!

They re gonna ignore it as usual :gaycat5:

Edited by Mystic Boy

Just now, Clueless said:

People still caring about pure sales in 2017 :toofunny2: 

1 sale = 1500 streams... i dont see a reason why people shouldnt care about it as long as they exist?

AlexStexaul
Just now, avi said:

yes tell them... they are comparing the sales of an era which is almost over to one which is in its 5th month with second single. How tragic. Guess we'll have a clear picture by the end of 2017 

Not at the end of 2017. Her tour will continue until end of 2017 but i think she'll add some new dates for Q1 2018 and we'll have grammy boost if she is nominated for anything and perform. I think grammys can give her extra 10 15k sales.

12 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

"A few"? 24K Magic did, Starboy did, Hardwire To Self Destruction did, Hamilton Soundtrack did, Trolls Soundtrack did, Drake did, Sheeran did, Beyonce did, Panic! At The Disco did, etc... So, yeah, not really "impressive" for Joanne at all.

9 albums out of hundreds is few :rip:

AwardLegend
53 minutes ago, HausofNick said:

It's mostly just the people who have some weird obsessive hate for Beyoncé or Gaga that causes this delusion. We both know that Beyoncé had one of the best marketing moves in a long time, it literally changed everything. The Superbowl helps with a brief period of time, but the general public doesn't have the mental capacity to remember long enough the Superbowl or care much about it. The idea that the Superbowl helps an album almost a year later is ludicrous.

Hmmm I wish this amount of sensibility was present then. 

33 minutes ago, Amaryllis said:

Especially since those albums had HUGE radio support except Bee...

Now I stan for both Riri and GaGa, but I'm team GaGa on this, with sales sadly dieing these numbers are actually impressive for today standards.:michael:

Why is the navy getting bothered over here? Usually they're mostly chill...

6 hours ago, doonerr said:

Exactly. She barely had a hit until now, yet sold 500k. Rihanna had as always great radio support and basically sold just as much

so not only she outsold gaga but also had 3 massive hits unlike gaga? queen

2 minutes ago, Plastik said:

The Delusion

7 minutes ago, Plastik said:

:ahh: 

19 hours ago, perfectillusion said:

It sucks how gaga stans cant even make a thread about their fave making an achievement without the navy running in to try downplay any success Gaga gets. Its weird and obsessive 

They have to obsess over something since they have to distract from their fave's hidden tour receipts 

I really am happy for Gaga but some of her stans on here make it really hard. What does ANTI have to do with Joanne?

anyway, good for her. C2C punching Artpop like that.

So when Gaga does this with a Mark Ronson-produced dance-pop record with several weeks of discounts and major promo, it's a huge success but when Lana does it in pure sales (with an extra million pure WW and 450 million streams on Spotify) with Ultraviolence, a dark, slow, desert rock album with zero promo...it's not. K. 

5 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

Oh dear, the TEA is that there are not only 9 albums, that's why I put ETC (reading comprehension is fundamental). I didn't mention the obvious ones that will sell over 500k+ such as Adele, Taylor, Bieber, Eminem, Justin Timberlake. Also, recently other artists that have crossed that mark are Twenty One Pilots and Chris Stapleton, Disturbed, Halsey, among others, so there are at least 20 albums that have sold over 500k recently. Again, NOT impressive for Joanne, at all...

5 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Especially since those albums had HUGE radio support except Bee...

Tell me more about the HUGE radio support that Panic! At The Disco, Disturbed, Halsey, Metallica and the Hamilton Soundtrack had :rip::rip: Just to put things into perspective, "Perfect Illusion" had more radio support than any single from "Death of a Bachelor"... The low standards for Gaga are getting embarrassing :toofunny2:

6 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

The radio airplay excuse :rip: The fact that you think a song having 150M AI on radio is bigger promo than a song being performed at the super bowl :rip:

Using your logic Joanne's sales should be increasing every week considering MR is rising on radio and just reached 70M AI.

Songs get played on radio when they get good callout scores aka when people want to hear them because they like them. Needed Me was #1 on urban & rhythmic callouts, LOTB was top 5 on pop, rhythmic, urban callouts & #1 on HAC callouts.

And why are you mentioning spotify playlists in a thread about pure album sales? :rip: 

Loves it when some Rihanna stans are pressed as f**k. I guess that's all they have now since Rih won't release a video for LOTB. Good luck!

31144_800.gif

Queen Lady Gaga

Edited by PrinceLightning

First album by a woman to do so since Lemonade :clap3:

On 2017-03-30 at 9:57 PM, robotdanger said:

And is a platinum certified smash. Your point?

I mean, she could've easily given away 1,000,000 copies of her album like a certain someone did, if you want to talk discounts.

FFkYobw.gif

this is why I want "like" option on here

I CHOOKED on this tea yaaaaaaas

On 2017-03-30 at 10:09 PM, lonnie said:

You did equate the free giveaway to the discount. Anyway Anti has sold more without the free sales and without a discount, so...

WVNLdMK.gif

Anti: Release date: January 28, 2016

Joanne: Release date: October 21, 2016

Congrats, Joanne! 

tumblr_inline_ndpdq7HjlO1rn8bdn.gif

On 2017-03-30 at 10:25 PM, Itz_Dani! said:

Only now? It was released months ago and it had a lot of promo :deadbanana3:

not everyones Adele hun, get used to it