Billboard: Joanne passes 500k in pure sales

Metamorphosis

liberalmusiclover
7 minutes ago, Optimus said:

Selling 500k without a #1 single is more impressive than selling 645k with a 9 weeks #1 song. What promo did Joanne receive at the Grammys tho? Are we talking about the same Grammys she performed at with Metallica?

Work was included in those 1.47 million copies of ANTI gifted by Samsung, so the fact that it went #1 and for 9 weeks at that, despite already being given away is a testament of Rihanna's power. Oh, and those 645K copies were fully priced after the giveaway. If you think 645K copies despite all that is less impressive than Gaga selling 500K with discounts and performances in front of 25+ million and 100+ milllion people, you clearly have on rose colored glasses. 

Remember, Rihanna didn't perform at the Grammys this era, nor did she perform in front of over 100 million Americans. Whatever helps you sleep at night though. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metamorphosis

• perfectillusion

• Mystic Boy

• lonnie

54 minutes ago, ItalianMonsterLM said:

Is she? Thanks for letting me know. :eek:

They know more than we do smh

why are so many Rihanna fans in here dragging her and acting all superior :rip:

4 minutes ago, CakeLikeLG said:

That one hive started a war in this thread with the navy unreasonably, we are only being defensive:cm: 

Edited by STONE

Congrats Legend :clap3:

Edited by Diocles

Queen :jonny:

Btw, if you don't stan for Adele, Taylor or Beyoncé, you have no right to come for these sales since y'all faves only sold like 100k-something more or less than Joanne in US

And don't come with that "streaming" bull**** cause we're talking about real sales here.

Gaga did great and y'all better DEAL.

jnIjHHP.gif

Im impressed .. that album is trash (not ARTPOP trash, but close) .. so the fact that it has sold so much ..good for her. 

So the Navi is claiming that Rihanna is today capable of moving 2 millions copies of her album, with just one hit single ?

Like let's be honest, it has never happened in 8 eras and it surely wouldn't happen in today's declining market.

This will just backfire next Era when there won't be no Samsung fake downloads to cling to.

Edited by H-I-M

2 hours ago, perfectillusion said:

And it also came out a year before Joanne...

And Joanne leaked a month in advanced... So, it has plenty of "free copies" downloaded, as well. That excuse is just that, an excuse.... :cm: 

Not impressive tbh... Even Panic! At The Disco could sell that amount...

And Joanne wasn't released 1 year after Anti :rip: They were released 8 months apart... And Anti, besides selling 650k, has also been streamed over 1M times on Spotify + all of her tracks has more YT streams as well than Joanne's singles...

2 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

It is considering the few number of albums which can achieve that nowadays. 

"A few"? 24K Magic did, Starboy did, Hardwire To Self Destruction did, Hamilton Soundtrack did, Trolls Soundtrack did, Drake did, Sheeran did, Beyonce did, Panic! At The Disco did, etc... So, yeah, not really "impressive" for Joanne at all.

Edited by DELE2125

So she's sold more than 2 million albums in the United States since 2013? Slay!

5 hours ago, Optimus said:

Selling 500k without a #1 single is more impressive than selling 645k with a 9 weeks #1 song. 

Anti has never been discounted and has always been sold for $13.99 and $11.99. How is that less impressive?

Edited by Tutankhamun

Why are the navy doing the most, my gosh? :deadbanana:

Come thru, Gaga! The consistency in the last three albums :jonny:

8 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

Because they think that their fave is doing better ( it's not true though).

7 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

And Joanne leaked a month in advanced... So, it has plenty of "free copies" downloaded, as well. That excuse is just that, an excuse.... :cm: 

Joanne literally didn't leak. :ace:

7 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Not impressive tbh... Even Panic! At The Disco could sell that amount...

And Joanne wasn't released 1 year after Anti :rip: They were released 8 months apart... And Anti, besides selling 650k, has also been streamed over 1M times on Spotify + all of her tracks has more YT streams as well than Joanne's singles...

Sis panic at the disco are huge in their demographic so idk what the attempted shade was there. Just because we don't listen to them as pop music fans doesn't mean they aren't huge

9 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Work was included in those 1.47 million copies of ANTI gifted by Samsung, so the fact that it went #1 and for 9 weeks at that, despite already being given away is a testament of Rihanna's power. Oh, and those 645K copies were fully priced after the giveaway. If you think 645K copies despite all that is less impressive than Gaga selling 500K with discounts and performances in front of 25+ million and 100+ milllion people, you clearly have on rose colored glasses. 

Remember, Rihanna didn't perform at the Grammys this era, nor did she perform in front of over 100 million Americans. Whatever helps you sleep at night though. 

How many people do you think would have bought a copy of it out of those 1.47M? I downloaded one in Canada so I could add it to my music early, and I only stream music. :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Whale Tongue said:

How many people do you think would have bought a copy of it out of those 1.47M? I downloaded one in Canada so I could add it to my music early, and I only stream music. :rip: 

I downloaded it and never have plan to buy it. It sucks

Cute I guess

10 hours ago, illuminated said:

This is great considering she had no promo tbh. I guess MR being a hit really helped her album sales. 

No promo? Loooooooooooolll

10 hours ago, Pop said:

:eek: and wasn't that album released a year before Joanne + had 7 singles released?

That's really impressive for Joanne. 

ANTi had 4 singles, with only 3 of them receiving videos (the same amount of videos as Joanne). Anti was given away for free over 1 million times and did not have a Superbowl performance to help sell the album. It was also only released like 9 months apart, not a year. Joanne had holidays sales (4th quarter release) to help increase sales too, whereas Anti was released in January when sales are usually lowest. Anti also had no singles released prior to its release, other than Work which was released a day before. But keep trying :fan: