Top Posters In This Topic

• Metamorphosis

• perfectillusion

• Mystic Boy

• lonnie

Metamorphosis
Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

645k is great 

Okay that's all I needed to know. Thank you for your time, you're now relieved of your services. :gaycat2:

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

645k is great for an album that was only promoted at BBMAs (May) & VMAs (August), never discounted and given away 1M times for free (and a streaming monster)

And that wasn't released in Q4 but Q1 and has never been discounted.

Good total. Almost platinum with SPS too btw! 

Metamorphosis
1 minute ago, Pop said:

:eek: and wasn't that album released a year before Joanne + had 7 singles released?

That's really impressive for Joanne. 

And one of those singles went #1 for 9 weeks.

FFkYobw.gif

1 minute ago, robotdanger said:

And one of those singles went #1 for 9 weeks.

FFkYobw.gif

While another single has been discounted for 16 weeks

FFkYobw.gif

6 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

645k is great for an album that was only promoted at BBMAs (May) & VMAs (August), never discounted and given away 1M times for free (and a streaming monster)

And it also came out a year before Joanne...

6 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:fan:

Metamorphosis
Just now, lonnie said:

While another single has been discounted for 16 weeks

FFkYobw.gif

And is a platinum certified smash. Your point?

I mean, she could've easily given away 1,000,000 copies of her album like a certain someone did, if you want to talk discounts.

FFkYobw.gif

I mean, she could've easily given away 1,000,000 copies of her album like a certain someone did, if you want to talk discounts.

FFkYobw.gif

oop

FFkYobw.gif

Anyway, Joanne :clap3: so proud of Gaga for sticking to her original vision and still selling well. 

It sucks how gaga stans cant even make a thread about their fave making an achievement without the navy running in to try downplay any success Gaga gets. Its weird and obsessive 

Edited by perfectillusion

3 minutes ago, robotdanger said:

FFkYobw.gif

You can't have a free discount :rip:

Stay in school kiddos

dis·count
ˈdiskount/
noun
a deduction from the usual cost of something, typically given for prompt or advance payment or to a special category of buyers.

WVNLdMK.gif

Edited by lonnie

Very embarrassing considering the numerous live performances, Superbowl, million discounts and so many more things - yet hits 500K now. I mean this is yet another blow to the worst stanbase mankind ever witnessed. I mean, you reap what you sow. :skull:

Metamorphosis
2 minutes ago, perfectillusion said:

It sucks how gaga stans cant even make a thread about their fave making an achievement without the navy running in to try downplay any success Gaga gets. Its weird and obsessive 

It's quite sad really. I mean wasn't their fave on instagram a few months ago screaming and yelling about supporting women? Sad.

4 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Stay in school kiddos

WVNLdMK.gif

But its literally the same thing. You cant drag an artist for discounting when your fave literally gave away the album for free for a platinum certification. Meanwhile, ANTI was released a year before Joanne and Joanne is holding up pretty well, especially to an album with a 9 week long mumber one single.

Edited by perfectillusion

It took her a whole year? Taylor sells that in less than a week.

15 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Lolol yes only promoted once if we forgot about all the singles that came before it. Considering she had March Madness advertisements with AO, the Samsung advertisements/Anti Diary,not to mention all the random events she had like when she unveiled the album artwork. And all the endless teasing of songs on instagram... let's not pretend she dropped Anti during some long hiatus/silence. She promo'd the album for like a year before it came out...  I am a HUGE Rihanna Stan but Anti had a lot of promo

Edited by JBYRD

Metamorphosis
3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Stay in school kiddos

dis·count
ˈdiskount/
noun
a deduction from the usual cost of something, typically given for prompt or advance payment or to a special category of buyers.

WVNLdMK.gif

This is quite sad, honestly. You do realize that Rihanna gave away her album for free, while people actually purchased Gaga's discounted material?

Anyway, I never said that ANTi was a discount. I simply pointed out the flaw in your argument. Joke's on you though.

WVNLdMK.gif

1 minute ago, Buffy said:

It took her a whole year? Taylor sells that in less than a week.

It hasnt even been a year...

1 minute ago, perfectillusion said:

But its literally the same thing. You cant drag an artist for discounting when your fave literally gave away the album for free for a platinum certification 

A discount counts towards sales, the free copies weren't counted. Now do you understand? And even more, the copies were paid for, 25 million dollars paid for, so again not similar

More so, even with the free copies, Joanne is only selling 1K more per week over a year old album that hasn't been half as promoted as Joanne :)

Just now, perfectillusion said:

It hasnt even been a year...

Seems like it :eli:

Just now, Buffy said:

Seems like it :eli:

Is this supposed to be a drag

This is quite sad, honestly. You do realize that Rihanna gave away her album for free, while people actually purchased Gaga's discounted material?

Anyway, I never said that ANTi was a discount. I simply pointed out the flaw in your argument. Joke's on you though.

WVNLdMK.gif

You did equate the free giveaway to the discount. Anyway Anti has sold more without the free sales and without a discount, so...

WVNLdMK.gif