Top Posters In This Topic

• xBoySelenatorx

• Sabbath

• luckystrike

• Yvess

Just now, Sabbath said:

Popular Song getting not one but TWO 7s? :deadbanana2: HOW

I wanted to give it a 6 but I don’t need the fighters after my neck 

"it took me a while to choose one cause I had several options but I feel like this one is a major summery bop and the lyrics are just about being happy and living in the moment and just dancing :gaycat3: this is Keep On Dancin’"

Ellie Goulding - Keep On Dancin' 

@luckystrike while the beat does slap, the lyrics are just above okay. I can see why you chose this though, the beat is contagious and makes you want to bop. @Speezy thinks it might be a club banger but it lacks summery lyrics. It pays homenage to night/darkness but still bops! @Not Like The Movies believes this along with Don't Panic and Codes would have been the perfect choice. They believe a Weeknd collab on this song would have gave it the last push it needed to be a summer smash. 

Scores: 

NLTM: 9

Yvess: 8

Speezy: 7

xBoyx: ?

Update #2

Choices!

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus Malibu ? 10 10 8 28
Years & Years Sunlight ? 10 8 9 27
Rihanana What's My Name? ? 8 9 9 26
Ellie Goulding Keep On Dancin' ? 7 8 9 24
Taylor Swift 22 ? 7 8 8 23
Mans Zelmerlow Better Now ? 7 7 8 22
Lea Michele Don't Let Go ? 8 7 7 22
Ariana Grande Popular Song ? 7 6 7 20

@kipperskipper 

@Girlicious @Overprotected @EriKills @Sabbath @mokitsu @wxvii @Touch It 

@luckystrike @Noah @fiercE @Psycho @Lukey

4 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

"it took me a while to choose one cause I had several options but I feel like this one is a major summery bop and the lyrics are just about being happy and living in the moment and just dancing :gaycat3: this is Keep On Dancin’"

Ellie Goulding - Keep On Dancin' 

@luckystrike while the beat does slap, the lyrics are just above okay. I can see why you chose this though, the beat is contagious and makes you want to bop. @Speezy thinks it might be a club banger but it lacks summery lyrics. It pays homenage to night/darkness but still bops! @Not Like The Movies believes this along with Don't Panic and Codes would have been the perfect choice. They believe a Weeknd collab on this song would have gave it the last push it needed to be a summer smash. 

Scores: 

I was actually so torn between those 2, Keep On Dancin and Goodness Gracious :dies: 

8 minutes ago, Speezy said:

I wanted to give it a 6 but I don’t need the fighters after my neck 

dishonest scores? wow.............. ?

"let me run on the beach while my big boobs bounce around and get all the attention...."

Tinashe - Superlove

@EriKills, you are one of the FEW people that knew what a summer bop was. This just screams "let me run on the beach while my big boobs bounce around and get all the attention" :-* good job! @Speezy hates that it's using that disgusting beat from the running man challenge, but once they overlook that, its a groovy bop. @Not Like The Movies is not a a big fan of the song but it fits the theme challenge unlike other entries. 

Scores:

NLTM: 8

Yvess: 10

Speezy: 8

:-* 

Superlove is one of her worst songs (rnb Tinashe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pop Tinashe) but it fits the theme so :cm:

"Caribbeans UNITE!"

Beyonce - Standing on the Sun (Remix)

@mokitsu, I mean i get the vibes, the lyrics are kind of there but I just don't feel anything. I was kind of bored, not gonna lie. On the other hand, @Speezy thinks that lyrics about the sun is the best way to represent summer. The song is such a vibe for them! As a Caribbean boy, @Not Like The Movies thinks that it's a great choice using a song with a Caribean artist because it adds a tropical and island vibe that can be associated with summer. (Talk about payola!)

Scores: 

Yvess: 9

Speezy: 10

Soz but this is stupid :skull:

No where was it mentioned that the song had to mention anything summer related... I thought the concept was a song that sounds like it could be played during summer...

"Carefree bop!"

Janet Jackson - Escapade

@wxvii the lyrics are hint at a summery vibes and the production isn't a right on your face summer kind of production but I can hear it. It is still kind of too slow for me though. Don't hate it, but don't love it either. Compared to other entries, @Speezy thinks that it doesn't sound that summery to them. It's cute that its about being carefree and having fun. @Not Like The Movies get it! They think it's a great choice where the lyrics describe stuff that many people may do during the summer. Infectious beat! 

Scores:

Speezy: 8

"Summer is all about having fun and a feel good attitude and in Don’t Stop Me Now, Queen reflect exactly that.

It’s simple, it’s energetic, it’s confident and it puts you on a high you never want to pull off from. The song talks about having a good time and feeling alive and enjoying everything the world has to offer and never wanting those and other experiences to stop.

It’s because all of that that Don’t Stop Me Now fits with the Summer criteria perfectly, but it’s not just me saying that, it’s actually science: with Dr Jacob Jolij, a cognitive neuroscientist, conducting a study and naming Don't Stop Me Now as the #1 most uplifting song of the last 50 years. A certified BOP™

✔︎ Summer theme

✔︎ On point vocals, BACKING vocals, guitar, bass and drums - as always

✔︎ The entire production >>>>>>>>>>

✔︎ Not basic or generic

✔︎ Energy

✔︎ Fun

✔︎ Talent

✔︎ Acclaim

✔︎ Beauty

✔︎ Success

✔︎ Iconicness

✔︎ Science

WHEW!"

Anyways!

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

@Sabbath This is indeed infectious, makes me want to bop a long and forget about all my two problems! @Speezy acknowledges that it has a carefree vibe and lyrics, HOWEVER those lyrics are kinda tragic and the song is really really (he really put really twice!) CLUTTERED for their taste. @Not Like The Movies disagrees! They think it's ICONIC. You took last round's critique and ran with it. They Stan!

Score:

NLTM: 10

Speezy: 6

13 minutes ago, Lukey said:

Soz but this is stupid :skull:

No where was it mentioned that the song had to mention anything summer related... I thought the concept was a song that sounds like it could be played during summer...

Who said the song HAD to mention anything summer related???

2 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

Speezy: 6

the lack of taste i cant take you seriously anymore @Speezy

"Fernando, Roberto, Flavio, Juan, Luis, Jose, Carlos, Samuel, Alejandro"

Lady Gaga - Alejandro

@Noah When i saw your entry I really did not know what you were thinking. Once I heard it again I kind of got it. It's a very lowkey song. Still too dark for my like. Now with some bias, @Speezy says that this is the type of song where you roll down your window and let the air type of track. No summer touch but high score!@Not Like The Movies did not accept the payola check because although they love the song, like all of us, it did not fit the theme that much.

Scores:

NLTM: 7

Yvess: 5

Speezy: 9

"#WhatAboutUsUglyGirls?"

Mariah Carey - #Beautiful 

@Overprotected, I kinda wish there was a solo version but then the song would be half of the length. Although the overall product is indeed #Beautiful.mp3, idk something about it does not completely satisfy me. BUT it does sound like those songs you'd play late at night with your boo trying to get it in. @Speezy thinks it's more of a fall song because its very soothing and relaxing.. In the other hand, @Not Like The Movies sees themselves jamming out at a house party with their close friends. Mid-tempo bop!

Scores:

Yvess: 9

Alright ladies and other genders, we have come to the conclusion on round 2. Below are the current standings WITHOUT the secret vote. 

Spoiler

Score Board Without Secret Vote
    Song Score  
Artist Song xBoyx Speezy Yvess NLTM Total
Miley Cyrus Malibu ? 10 10 8 28
Beyonce Staniding in the Sun ? 10 9 9 28
Years & Years Sunlight ? 10 8 9 27
Rihanana What's My Name? ? 8 9 9 26
Tinashe Superlove ? 8 10 8 26
Janet Jackson Escapade ? 8 8 9 25
Mariah Carey #Beautiful ? 7 9 9 25
Ellie Goulding Keep On Dancin' ? 7 8 9 24
Queen Don't Stop Me Now ? 6 8 10 24
Taylor Swift 22 ? 7 8 8 23
Mans Zelmerlow Better Now ? 7 7 8 22
Lea Michele Don't Let Go ? 8 7 7 22
Lady Gaga Alejandro ? 9 5 7 21
Ariana Grande Popular Song ? 7 6 7 20

In this case, those who would be up for the DOUBLE elimination would be Mans Zelmerlow, Lea Michele, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande. On the next post, I will reveal the table with the secret vote included.

Yvess giving me a 5 while giving Popular Song, which is not only also off theme/a reach but also the worst song in Ariana's discography, a 6... :clown:

1 minute ago, Noah said:

Yvess giving me a 5 while giving Popular Song, which is not only also off theme/a reach but also the worst song in Ariana's discography, a 6... :clown:

Speezy gave PS a 7 and me a 6!!!! these bitches hate talent, they HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.