Diversity - Season 1 - Round 3 - Love Songs - Live Results

Speezy

oop, I rated the music and performance together for those wondering about the scores below 6:skull:

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xBoySelenatorx

• Sabbath

• luckystrike

• Yvess

40 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

It's a good song but it was just never my fav song by Queen because imo the band has better and I compared it to the other songs I was scoring. I should have said that in my critique. I personally would have preferred Dont Stop Me Now or Somebody to Love :worship2:.

Understandable.

At some point I considered going with songs like DSMN or Somebody but I didn't want to go for the most popular ones right off the bat, plus I feel like there's a bigger chance of using them in the future than The Show... (I literally had to imagine what kinda round theme it could fit and it would have to be a SUPER specific category, so it just wasn't in the cards for ha in the future :'( )

1 hour ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

The song was nostalgic and everything was really good

OK SPIZZA THEN WHY U GAVE IT AN 8 FAT RAT @Speezy

The save me performances have been evaluated already. Results will be revealed on Thursday (so there can be something to look forward to during the week:gaycat5:) Those who will stay have been determined already in order to avoid payola and trying to save someone on purpose despite their performance.

We are in mid-summer so what other category would be best than summer? For week 2, the song challenge will be about Summer. Send me a song that fits the summer, you know, those that make you want to bop. Again take into consideration the lyrics and production for the categories. Those who are saved DO NOT need to send a save me performance as you are safe this week and your entry was not used.

@luckystrike @Noah @Psycho @Girlicious @Overprotected @EriKills @Sabbath @Bawdee @mokitsu @wxvii @kipperskipper

For the bottom four, send your summer choice along with a new save me performance. Remember that if you do not have a save me performance, you run the risk of getting eliminated if you land in the bottom (again.) 

@Touch It @nina_ @Lukey @fiercE

Judges, the following week should be easier. There will be one less entry to judge as well as way less save me performances (if they send them.) 

@Not Like The Movies @Yvess @Speezy

Until then, see you Thursday :-*

whale, time to bring out the classics

j8Nkv91.jpg

I’m having the hardest time picking my summer song :shakeno: can’t be middle of the pack again :emofish:

4??? wtf... @Speezy are you on crack? 

7 hours ago, Speezy said:

oop, I rated the music and performance together for those wondering about the scores below 6:skull:

Does that mean you liked the save me performance I sent? :)

2 hours ago, fiercE said:

Does that mean you liked the save me performance I sent? :)

I did 

5 hours ago, Speezy said:

I did 

I need to change my new Sing Off performance then..

this my summer song fyi :katie2:

7 minutes ago, Speezy said:

whew this Christmas classic :jonny5: :-* 

1 hour ago, Speezy said:

ah yes, reminds me of a Queen song :smitten:

Is round 1 a single or double elim?

I am also changing my Sing Off song for next round (if I made it through round 1)

Edited by fiercE

and are our Sing Off songs considered as submitted song and we cant send that specific song to the following rounds?

18 hours ago, Sabbath said:

ah yes, reminds me of a Queen song :smitten:

19 hours ago, EriKills said:

whew this Christmas classic :jonny5: :-* 

:gaycat2:stan talent

19 hours ago, fiercE said:

and are our Sing Off songs considered as submitted song and we cant send that specific song to the following rounds?

No - let's say your save me song from week one fits in week 3, you can send it. You basically can't reuse the studio version twice nor live performance twice.

19 hours ago, fiercE said:

Is round 1 a single or double elim?

I am also changing my Sing Off song for next round (if I made it through round 1)

Most likely a double.

And yes, you do need a new sing off performance after landing in the bottom as you can't use the same. 

Half of the songs have been submitted. Remember that this week's category is summer, so send in your submissions asap uglies :eli:

Still need them from:

lich rally about 2 send, luv x

4 minutes ago, fiercE said:

Sent a new Sing Off performance.

Are we going to know who got eliminated on round 1?

@xBoySelenatorx

Yes, getting on my laptop in a bit 

Elimination Day

Hello fellow contestant, welcome to Elimination Day. As you all know, those who land of the bottom will need to sing for their place in the competition. All of you were asked to send in a live performance in case you landed here. On elimination days, we will take a look at the performances of those who landed at the bottom. There is no criteria here, well except one, it must be a great performance. Today we have four acts competing to stay in the competition. Miley Cyrus, Mans Zelmerlow, Lana Del Rey, and Lea Michele. Who will survive? Lets find out. But first, lets take a look at how we ended up with our current bottom four acts.

MILEY CYRUS: 30 Points

"production feels like it's a bit lackluster, too noisy"

"Her vocals WERE NOT the tea though" 

MANS ZELMERLOW: 27 Points

"feels very generic and lacks creativity."

"It sounds like a party banger that Enrique Iglesias could record, I like the chorus the most. The verses are just ok."

"The song is one of those bad "unce unce" type songs."

"It sounds like one of those "filler" radio songs where it's like "okay i can bop to this but do I really care who sings it?" I just feel like it needs a little more life and not so eh."

LEA MICHELE: 30 Points

"4"

LANA DEL REY: 28 Points

"Well this is a choice. I had to make sure I wasn't listening to a bootleg version and clicked another one and it was the same"

"the average Lana song"

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus The Climb 8 4 9 9 30
Lea Michele Love Is Alive 9 4 8 9 30
Lana Del Rey Off To The Races 6 4 8 10 28
Mans Zelmerlow Cara Mia 6 7 7 7 27

First up, we have Miley Cyrus. @Touch It

Miley's save me performance consist of a cover of "Jolene".

Comments: 

@Yvess thinks that it was good but not good enough. The raw vibe of the performance is what pulls them in but that won't be enough for them to stan. While NLTM thinks it's not enough, @Not Like The Movies thinks that she did justice to the song. It mixes her personality and good vocals with a nice addition of the band. Good Job! This was something I've never heard, but one thing I was expecting was vocals. Miley delivered in this case and in this case the voice was demanding enough to keep you watching. No need of something fancy to keep your eyes glued on the performance.

Edited by xBoySelenatorx
update

:dancehall:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.