• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• DG1

• scheibe

• Leptine

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, this album was pointless. No one asked for it.

I thought TLK was going to be a way for her to reach a new generation, and appeal to children/families. Instead she avoided the press run and made an afrobeats album like... ¿ that’s fine I guess, but everything regarding her treatment of the album and film confirms a lot of the negative opinions surrounding her lately. Going to the premieres and focusing on Spirit would have been way better.

20 minutes ago, - JED - said:

The excuses lmao

"it's not a real Beyoncé album"

"It's not a studio album"

"It's not a solo album, it doesn't count"

"It's just a compilation album"

"A side project"

:isudumblmao:

Embarrassing.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Maybe it was ahead of its time

:ahh:

8 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Cuz I wanted to and can. You riding off my post and jumping down my throat with some wrong rhetoric didn't make it any less true that its not a real Beyonce album. But I hope this makes you feel better

tenor.gif?itemid=7283301

48 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Did anyone really expect Bey to debut at #1 over Ed who has a top 5 hit? :bibliahh:

Come on now, this is not Ed's debut week, Beyoncé is not a new artist and is allegedly "a legend" and it's the soundtrack to the biggest movie in the country right now.

18 minutes ago, RandomHooker said:

It has a billion dollars grossing Disney movie attached to it. :bibliahh:

Aside from the snippet of Spirit the music isn't in the film or even the end credits. This is certainly a flop but the success of TLK should be more reflected in its official soundtrack then in The Gift. 

13 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I thought TLK was going to be a way for her to reach a new generation, and appeal to children/families. Instead she avoided the press run and made an afrobeats album like... ¿ that’s fine I guess, but everything regarding her treatment of the album and film confirms a lot of the negative opinions surrounding her lately. Going to the premieres and focusing on Spirit would have been way better.

The music on the album isn't the issue. It has so few streams, people clearly have not even listened to it.

Edited by Otter

Are people actually believing this? :rofl:

This is Beyoncé’s The Lion King. One of the biggest main pop girl and the biggest movie of the year. Of course it’s going #1 with 6 figures. HDD can stay pressed, Tidal numbers are going to be massive. She already lost the #1 with EIL. No way she’s going to be #2 again. Or that would say she’s truly over.

Well... I havent Heard the album is it good?

Maybe Beyonce tought that this was coming for a similar perfomance as the Black Panther soundtrack

1 minute ago, PopFan said:

Are people actually believing this? :rofl:

This is Beyoncé’s The Lion King. One of the biggest main pop girl and the biggest movie of the year. Of course it’s going #1 with 6 figures. HDD can stay pressed, Tidal numbers are going to be massive. She already lost the #1 with EIL. No way she’s going to be #2 again. Or that would say she’s truly over.

Homecoming went #4. Miss Carter can't seem to catch a break with her countless bombs in a row (3 to be exact).

Fraudyonce should stick to Tidal exclusive releases. 

She can fix this.

Just go on Ellen and sing 1-2 of the songs.

It's not too late.

This is really sad :rip: but she barely did any promotion, she can't continue to do that anymore, especially with a compilation album filled with non-friendly music, afrobeat is not a very popular genre. 

1 hour ago, Aden said:

Her #1 streak ended with EIL. Gaga’s industry-regarded streak for most #1 albums by a female artist in a single decade takes joint albums C2C and ASIB into account. Using “studio” albums as a streak is a cop-out. Someone of Beyoncé’s supposed magnitude failing to reach #1 for a third consecutive time is embarrassing.

That’s because Gaga’s joint albums were still credited to her name, while EIL is credited to The Carters. counting EIL as a Bey album would be like counting Destinys Child albums as hers too. 

Hopefully this will scare her back into traditional promotion :fan:

1 hour ago, Adonis said:

Did anyone really expect Bey to debut at #1 over Ed who has a top 5 hit? :bibliahh:

Well, considering the Hive was adamant that Bey was the sole reason Ed got a #1 with Perfect Duet: yes.

Rv4pWlR.gif

7 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

That’s because Gaga’s joint albums were still credited to her name, while EIL is credited to The Carters. counting EIL as a Bey album would be like counting Destinys Child albums as hers too. 

That's the point, this album IS credited to her name, on every major platform I looked up. 

35 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

No one asked for it because they thought there would be enough Beyoncé tracks on the official soundtrack... why is she only featured on 2 songs (and barely on one of them)? It’s a waste this is so messy. Maybe they weren’t happy with the sound she was going for so she said **** it I’ll do it myself :michael:

19 minutes ago, Taidekoons said:

Homecoming went #4. Miss Carter can't seem to catch a break with her countless bombs in a row (3 to be exact).

Homecoming was a live album so let's not.

Most pop girls couldn't even pull off recording a live album.

20 minutes ago, Taidekoons said:

Homecoming was a modest success

And it peaked at #4 because it didnt have a full tracking week.

1 hour ago, Aden said:

Her #1 streak ended with EIL. Gaga’s industry-regarded streak for most #1 albums by a female artist in a single decade takes joint albums C2C and ASIB into account. Using “studio” albums as a streak is a cop-out. Someone of Beyoncé’s supposed magnitude failing to reach #1 for a third consecutive time is embarrassing.

By this logic, she's already had 7 #1 debuts then because DC's last album debuted at #1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.