HDD:Ed Sheeran 2x #1 73k, Beyoncé #3 50/12k, TLK #14

Renan90

I thought it would open with 1 million+ with the way the Hive acted.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• DG1

• scheibe

• its_britney_bitch

Very low for a movie soundtrack with all the Disney promo machine behind. Congrats to her for being top 2 and not being #2.

11 hours ago, Gaia said:

Because monsters have made any enemy out of every fanbase. 

Nah. Gaga is the queen of ATRL, she will always be the #1 target and the standard.

My flop fave

the excuses 

a nightmare a literal nightmare

20 hours ago, haroo said:

Beyoncé’s The Lion King is smashing but Beyoncé’s The Gift isn’t :doc: why is that, Hive?

Because raisins. It's not like the album was part of their promotional material. But then the Lion King Soundtrack doing that much... :skull:

Wow. Maybe she needs a cheating scandal? Pregnancy? Videos for all the album? It’s good but seems low for Beyoncé’s lion king that will open with 200+ million this weekend :eek: 

2 hours ago, theweekend said:

wow. i didn't even know she had an album out. such a non-event era.

Suddenly the cartiers seems like a smash 

3 hours ago, Suga&Grits said:

Top 5 still not bad . The girls act like it’s the end of her career of something did anyone not learn from “4”.

I dunno about top 5 but top 10 definitely. And I agree people are doing way too much in this thread. ATRL is very predictable sometimes :zzz:

9 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

Is Iggy even seeing the top 50? What’s going on with her 

No one is really checking for music from her. It's fine if she's putting her stuff out with no expectations, but the truth is she's only got a niche following right now, even in this female rapper renaissance. Female rap fans are mostly black women who tend to be trendsetters, and are NOT looking at Iggy of all people for any kind of aspiration or trend. 

8 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

No one is really checking for music from her. It's fine if she's putting her stuff out with no expectations, but the truth is she's only got a niche following right now, even in this female rapper renaissance. Female rap fans are mostly black women who tend to be trendsetters, and are NOT looking at Iggy of all people for any kind of aspiration or trend. 

9 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

Is Iggy even seeing the top 50? What’s going on with her 

and her biggest fan that I know said to me that this is bad album and give it 5/10

Bey will come hard with her next Solo Album.

Don't count her out yet.

People always find excuses when it comes to Beyoncé and her flop numbers. Now it’s a “side project,” despite her putting a lot of effort into the album. Or “sound tracks don’t do well,” even though this is an album with all original songs and literally last year ASIB debuted with 231K. These numbers are bad. No other way to put it. 

The sales are shocking, but Spirit was the wrong choice for a lead single. It's quite misleading once you've listened to the album in full. And the album was unlikely going to be a big seller because of the sound. Afrobeats is still a niche genre and isn't popular in the mainstream.

At best, artists like Drake or whoever would use elements of it (One Dance) and mix it with Pop or Hip-Hop. Straight up Afrobeat songs rarely do well on the charts. The GP wouldn't be able to relate to it.

Karma for only including 4 African countries out of 50+

:celestial3:

Ok I’m back and I just listened to the album in full and tbh it’s not bad at all. I actually loved what she was going for, although i must admit it’s not necessarily a very GP-friendly sound :doc:

Given the sound, the album has to be carried by Beyoncé star power alone. It’s just shocking that in 2019 Beyoncé’s star power equals 18K pure sales:doc:

not necessarily surprised that this and the official Lion King Soundtrack aren’t smashing with the GP. Everyone’s already heard the original songs with the 1994 version and an experimental compilation album with unknown afrobeat artists isn’t gonna be a hit with teens who stream music or white soccer moms who buy albums. it definitely comes across as more of a niche project. 

per pulse, aladdin had 19k sales

why does lion king have like 12k sales? they're both covers soundtracks. Is it Naomi Scott?

Drive Bitch

Beyonce should have curated the album without singing on it. Or singing on only 1 or 2 songs. The rest should have been a showcase for unknown African singers. 

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

per pulse, aladdin had 19k sales

why does lion king have like 12k sales? they're both covers soundtracks. Is it Naomi Scott?

You know what...:oh:

33 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

not necessarily surprised that this and the official Lion King Soundtrack aren’t smashing with the GP. Everyone’s already heard the original songs with the 1994 version and an experimental compilation album with unknown afrobeat artists isn’t gonna be a hit with teens who stream music or white soccer moms who buy albums. it definitely comes across as more of a niche project. 

Whats clear from the streaming numbers is that people aren't even checking it out, so I don't think the genre explains why its opening to such low numbers. Otherwise we would see big 1st day streams and then a steep drop but opening day streams were already very low with the 1st track only cracking 600k.

Lemonade a 3 year old album had a bigger Spotify launch in 2019 then this, an album with 9 new Beyonce songs 

Edited by Otter

I don't think a lot of people know about it. No one I know even knew she had an album until I mentioned it lol its had like 0 promo considering Spirit is also on the actual soundtrack.

But regardless, it's her best music so quality > anything else being put out right now by the other pop girls. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.