Gaga joins Taylor as only females w/ three 40 weeks+ singles

IBeMe

12 hours ago, Аshanti said:

Never. It was bound to be ‘frontloaded’ cause the hype was too much

12 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Yeah but she also dropped any mention of the song once 2016 hit. At least 32 weeks had she did more promotion. 

Hello only spent that because it went recurrent due to all the re entries from the deaths of legends at the time. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• GreatestLoveofAll

• brianc33710

• GorgeousRep

3 hours ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Hello only spent that because it went recurrent due to all the re entries from the deaths of legends at the time. 

I was gonna say that too plus it peaked at around Christmas time which slowed it radio numbers 

14 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Teardrops had two different Hot 100 runs on radio, first country in summer 2007 and then pop beginning in 2008

You Belong With Me is still her biggest US hit behind SIO and is her highest viewed pre-1989 video (972m)

I know YBWM was huge but i never thought it was THAT huge. 

And Gahgah's happened in 2018/2019. Suddenly the fad was the other girls.

17 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Dark Horse -57weeks

almost there:

Firework - 39weeks

Hot N Cold - 39weeks

Roar - 35weeks

E.T? 

37 minutes ago, Genius said:

E.T? 

30weeks

You need to add Faith Hill to this list, because there are 3 female artists with 3 40+ wks H 100 singles. Faith Hill was the first to do so, long before Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga emerged as top artists. Faith Hill is also the only female artist with two songs to spend more than a year on the H 100. Breathe spend 53 consecutive weeks, and I Love The Way You Love Me, spent 57 wks. 20 country and 37 crossover. And, This Kiss almost made it a year at 48 wks. I'm not trying to be a pain, but with Faith Hill having 3 songs WAY >40 wks and 2>52 wks, she deserves credit as the original here.

PS Faith Hill benefited from Country and Crossover Airplay, as did Taylor Swift a decade later. But, Faith did set the precedent, and far before Gaga and Swift.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:20 PM, Brando said:

Oh, I assumed RITD and SLY were a guaranteed 40+

Poor SLY. Still a bigger song that most of these 40+ songs in this thread. 

And lol Hello :skull:  

SLY not reaching 40 is very very strange :huh: I probably would've put money on that.

But yeh I guess Hello is expected because it was just too big at the beginning.

Just now, Fruity said:

SLY not reaching 40 is very very strange :huh: I probably would've put money on that.

But yeh I guess Hello is expected because it was just too big at the beginning.

Hello dropped out the top 50 because that was week that Prince died and Beyoncé dropped Lemonade. 

Hello probably would’ve stayed in the top 50 for a while otherwise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.