[UPDATE] Spirit on Spotify: +435k (Midday - Day 5)

Ratviolo

why is everyone acting like this song wo9n't be a hit? it's in ****ing lion king. get real. :skull:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ratviolo

• Cherry123

• DG1

• Hurem

Beyonce’s highest chart debuts:

Formation #10

Drunk In Love #12

Ring The Alarm #12

She’s always been about longevity and constantly promoting her music.

4 hours ago, Hakunt said:

why is everyone acting like this song wo9n't be a hit? it's in ****ing lion king. get real. :skull:

Being on TLK guarantees, at best, it's gonna be twice as big as "Speechless".

You know, the new Aladdin song. 

How many actual hits have we gotten from movies this decade? Let It Go and Shallow? 

DEAD @ that Leona Lewis post :deadbanana2:

7 hours ago, musicwonder said:

Its going def going #1. Her songs always have a slow start. Movie promo plus GP loves her. I think this may end old town road with a video. 

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

5 hours ago, Eternium said:

Beyonce’s highest chart debuts:

Formation #10

Drunk In Love #12

Ring The Alarm #12

She’s always been about longevity and constantly promoting her music.

she is not constantly promoting her music :skull: i'm not going to say she does no promo like some delusional hive but all the time?

2rzxukz.jpg

2 hours ago, Katy V.! said:

Being on TLK guarantees, at best, it's gonna be twice as big as "Speechless".

You know, the new Aladdin song. 

How many actual hits have we gotten from movies this decade? Let It Go and Shallow? 

Love Me Like You Do, See You Again, Sunflower, I think This Is Me by TGS was a hit too?

31 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Love Me Like You Do, See You Again, Sunflower, I think This Is Me by TGS was a hit too?

I think these aren't really relevant to their movies. They just happen to be the theme of their movies for promotional purposes (I'd include Skyfall, Earned It and It Will Rain too). It's easier for these kind of songs to detach themselves from the movie's audience and reach a bigger one.

This Is Me peaked at #58 on the Hot100 but it was an UK hit so maybe. Let It Go didn't peak high but we know it was massive. 

just okay numbers. Not that great but not that bad.

Soundtracks get bigger as the people watches the movie. It's early.

It’s actually way too early to even try to determine what will happen with this song. 

I wonder what's next for the former hit maker

UPDATE

2nd day: +716,818

Hopefully it makes it to the Top 200 today :duca:

The Monsters putting all that energy in giving us updates. Much appreciated.

Yall should have dedicated this same energy towards Lady Gaga's 2 consecutive flop studio albums. But that's just my opinion. 

Anyways, Spirit will continue to rise and rebound oncs the video is out and the movie is released. 

22 hours ago, Hakunt said:

The song isn't memorable.

Expecting to be a hit just because it's on Th he Lion King isn't enough. 

Impressive!

Just now, DG1 said:

Yall should have dedicated this same energy towards Lady Gaga's 2 consecutive flop studio albums. But that's just my opinion. 

We did and do that too. We don't ignore Gaga's career like you ignore Everything Is Love.

OT: That increase, congratulations :clap3:

5 minutes ago, DG1 said:

Anyways, Spirit will continue to rise and rebound oncs the video is out and the movie is released. 

As I told you yesterday, it's a pop forum. We follow pop music and keep up with the news - especially when one of the big girls releases. Threads like this have always been done and will keep on existing. 

Why are you so mad? You should dedicate this same energy towards streaming Spirit. I did.

Edited by ItalianMonsterLM

5 minutes ago, DG1 said:

We actually did that, hence why Perfect Illusion had MUCH-MUCH bigger numbers than Sprite on Spotify on its 1st and 2nd day

:celestial6:

Thanks for the update, please do keep udating. I'm excited to see how this will do when she promotes it on social media (cause we sure ain't getting anything else:grump:)  and after the movie's peak in theaters. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.