Whitney Houston scores first posthumous Hot 100 entry

GreatestLoveofAll

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8518917/whitney-houston-first-hot-100-debut-10-years-kygo-higher-love

This marks her 40th entry on the Hot 100 and first in almost 10 years.

Whitney Houston charts her first posthumous debut on the Billboard Hot 100, as "Higher Love" with Kygo enters at No. 63.

The song (billed as by Kygo X Whitney Houston and released on RCA Records) reworks Steve Winwood's anthem, which topped the Hot 100 dated Aug. 30, 1986. The Whitney Houston estate offered Kygo the archival recording of her original cover, which was previously released as a Japan-only bonus track on the physical version of her 1990 album I'm Your Baby Tonight.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming, radio airplay and digital sales data. All charts (dated July 13) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (July 9).

The remake also enters the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart (which employs the same methodology as the Hot 100) at No. 2. It launches at No. 4 on the all-genre Digital Song Sales survey with 24,000 first-week downloads sold, according to Nielsen Music, while sporting 6.6 million U.S. streams and 1.3 million airplay audience impressions.

the song deserves top 10 placement. go Whitney!

tenor.gif?itemid=5020642

And rightfully so!

tenor.gif

Legend always wins! :jonny5: :jonny5: 

• ATRL Moderator

i miss her so much… congratulations whitney, the voice :heart2:

I hope people are still playing it

a legend was re-born. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.