ATRL's Song Contest 14: Winner announced (p. 343)

Diarrhoea

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• K$Ellie

• Psycho

• bestfiction

the vocals are tragique tho. maybe it's a no from me

Song 26: too generic

Song 27, 28: not a fan

Song 29: sounds like a Bleachers song, we use.

Song 30: yeah... no x

Currently listening to Song 27 on my 3rd run through :D. Will do my rankings on the next run through.

Spoiler

Song1: The production on this is fantastic. He’s got good flow, but I’m not sure if this is for me. Who cares though, the beat still had me bumping the entire time and that may be enough for a point or two.

Song2: Considering I listen to these songs while on public transport, this was great because I was able to zone out and play Sudoku while listening to this. The fact that the song felt like background music is what’s conflicting me from giving it points.

Song3: I don’t know the movie, but this sounds straight out of the early 2000s. Part of me wants to be a sucker for this, but I don’t think it’ll be getting points from me.

Song4: Wait, this was used in a movie?! Can someone let me know which one? — i’m so curious. This is definitely getting points from me.

Song5: My God, I thought this was Christina Milian at first — you were about to get my 12. Still, this is gonna be high up on my list. I really hope people don’t do this wrong just ‘cause it’s R&B — this is a gem!

Song6: Wasn’t feeling this one. The drop was nice, but everything else fell flat.

Song7: Wasn’t feeling this one either.

Song8: Thank God for the production picking up in the second half, ‘cause I was dozing off a bit, I won’t lie. The second half really made this song enjoyable.

Song9: Wasn’t feeling this one either.

Song10: A mother****ing classic.

Song11: Another mother****ing classic.

Song12: Have no idea what this song/movie is, but I really, really enjoyed this.

Song13: The lyrics to this are real narrative — great for film uses. As far as me listening to this again, it’s very unlikely, but the writing alone makes me want to give this points.

Song14: This is nice. I’m not sure if it’ll get points from me, but not bad at all.

Song15: I love the production and vocal production. Such a shame — I’m not a fan of the vocal and lyrics.

Song16: The male feature ruined this for me. Such a shame, the female vocalist did a great job.

Song17: This is an iconic film scene, but the cover itself isn’t that great. (the vocals, the arrangement is great) I may give it a point just for nostalgia though.

Song18: This is nice while looking out into a sunset. I don’t think I’ll be giving it any points though.

Song19: I know this didn’t do much in the States, but I believe it charted internationally. The song is phenomenal though.

Song20: Didn’t really get an impression from this.

Song21: Not as memorable as their first one in the batch, but still much better than many entries.

Song22: I got no clue what she’s saying but this sounds emotional as hell. I’m gonna have to give it points.

Song23: This didn’t do anything for me.

Song24: You are WAY too clever. TOO clever for this.

Song25: Didn’t do anything for me, as well.

Song26: Eh, another filler-like Pop track.

Song27: The production grated me a little bit here. Wasn’t feeling this one either.

Song28: Better one of the Pop tracks. I’m not sure if this will get points from me though.

Song29: Is this Troye? This is nice! Still, I don’t think it triumphs what’s in my Top10.

Song30: Not as clever as the Harry Potter entry, but I can see this getting points for nostalgia. I think I’m gonna pass on this one though. Still rooting for this to make the cut just for the bravery!

This season is shaping up to be anticlimactic. Tired of listening to all these mediocre-filler Pop songs.

The rest of reviews are coming 

21- 30 starting  now !

S21: Thought I was done with them but this is lethally basic

S22: Thought this was a Kingdom Hearts intro cause I was gonna stan. But I got something boring but in Japanese

S23: Wow another entry that’s boring but this one is like more boring than #22. I am so happy we don’t stream these songs cause I’d be mad I’d give this song a coin

S24: Okay this is iconic a bit but I cant tell if its from a Scary movie or some Disney Movie

Edited by Speezy

S25: Okay a bop, the vocals were serving struggle but nonetheless unique breakdown and production

S26: Wow the instrumental is good but the vocals are bad. 

S27: Wait this went off and snatched me by the wig

S28: Another bop but I don’t, I don’t like the lyrics

S29: Actually its gets better as it continues. But its still bad

S30: A risk. A tsk tsk :tsk:vand a song not on Speezy's top ten list

giphy.gif 

see yall @ results, GL 

3 hours ago, Speezy said:

S24: Okay this is iconic a bit but I cant tell if its from a Scary movie or some Disney Movie

it's both :flower: 

song 01: :jamming: omg this is a bop! you definitely took the risk and i like this a lot

song 02: 

58410344_609622069506013_3923311297232855323_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=8

(cute instrument tho)

song 03: a basic bop

song 04: also basic but better than song 03 at least :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.