"So Good" debuts with 5k

victoriagv

Just now, Zundada said:

mess at people trying to drag rih onto this?

reply to me when either zara or bey get a work sized global hit with any of her albums.

Mess at people trying to drag bey into this. 

And mess at you comparing Zara at 18 to Rihanna at 29, 10 years into her career. Zara has had more global hits than Rihanna had during her debut in 2006.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• BlazingLovatic

• Theshigo Washidu

• Tinashebanks

Lowkey feel bad for her, the album wasnt that bad tbh 

12 minutes ago, Otter said:

Its not great but its not "tragic" either.  Its very much in line the average album debut.

As for all of her hits, people keep boasting as if it should have resulted in a huge opening. There's no president for that, infact its the opposite. Albums where half the songs debute as singles tend to do worse  compared albums which launched with 1/2 singles big singles before hand. Take into account the fact that the first single came out over a year ago and it just doesn't make sense to think that she was somehow going to ride off the success of such old hits.

Yeah, half of her album was already released as singles (Lush Life, Never Forget You, I Would Like, Ain't My Fault, So Good, and Symphony)...it really didn't leave much to look forward to. 

21 minutes ago, B'Day said:

When was the album supposed to be released?

Originally, right after Lush Life was released, so late 2015/early 2016. Then it was September, then January, then March. 

Not surprised but I thought she would do at least 10k 

but ATRL told me that she's the next main pop girl :cm: what happened? :cm: not this doing worse than T-ara's So Good EP :cm: 

Edited by Opium

11 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

Originally, right after Lush Life was released, so late 2015/early 2016. Then it was September, then January, then March. 

Jesus :skull: 

16 minutes ago, Otter said:

Mess at people trying to drag bey into this. 

And mess at you comparing Zara at 18 to Rihanna at 29, 10 years into her career. Zara has had more global hits than Rihanna had during her debut in 2006.

And despite so, Rih was still able to have decent first week sales for MOTS and AGLM. 

And she debuted in 2005.

Edited by Dark XXX

She over-saturated her own market with mediocre tracks. This isn't surprising, the GP have not been here for her for a while. The only reason Symphony is having success is because it's the follow up to Rockabye. I hope she doesn't take it to heart too much but she did buy into her own "hype".

5 minutes ago, Dark XXX said:

And despite so, Rih was still able to have decent first week sales. 

If Rih's sales are decent, then so is Zara's :rip:

Rihanna, 10 years into her career, one of the biggest acts the UK has ever seen, should not be held to a lower standard than Zara.

Edit: I think misunderstood, were you talking about Music of the Sun's first week sales?

"In the United Kingdom, the album debuted and peaked at number 35 on the UK Albums Chart in the chart issue October 10, 2005."

Edited by Otter

I can't really say she deserves better when her performances have been bad and her music is bad too. But she's such a sweet and smart girl, it would be nice to see her succeed for that.

27 minutes ago, Zundada said:

mess at people trying to drag rih onto this?

reply to me when either zara or bey get a work sized global hit with any of her albums.

It didn't  really help her album sales. 

:sistrens:

LMAO. GOOD.

Now can ATRL stop pretending like this nobody is going to be the next Beyoncé? She's an irrelevant flop. STOP trying to make her happen.

I know some Hive love to bring Rih into everything but now's not really the time. Anti sold at least 1m ww. This album won't. They're not in the same category. 

This is expected because....... look at when she started in this streaming  era and how she's still climbing to do well. What's more shocking here is the fact 5K is Top 40.