Old Town Road, 7xPlatinum

Fitzswiftie

Just now, Ramos said:

Hope he can snatch another hit with that then. Even if it’s 1/10th as successful as OTR it would still be a good sized hit.

:clap3: 

His team should’ve put out a second song months ago so it could feel the effects of OTR and potentially grow into a hit of its own:redface:

One Nation

So fast :jonny2:

I don’t think it’s actually 7x platinum yet. I think they bought him the 7x platinum cause his EP is called 7. How would it go from 6x platinum to 7x platinum in 3 days?

A mother****ing MONSTER! :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, DemiRexha said:

I don’t think it’s actually 7x platinum yet. I think they bought him the 7x platinum cause his EP is called 7. How would it go from 6x platinum to 7x platinum in 3 days?

I dont think they bought him anything

It's only certified 3x platinum by RIAA so far 

Columbia's probably just waiting for it to reach a milestone figure for the next application

instead getting a new cert every few weeks.

thats like sellig 4M downloads 

huge :clap3:

It's time to listen it for the first time, I guess... :emofish:

-----

Wait, is that Miley's dad? :bibliahh:What is this mess? Well, the video is funny and... I can understand why this song is slaying with the locals :michael:

Edited by Lil Mxnster

44 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

you mean in 4 weeks sir. Every week it gets an extra 1x platinum :deadbanana4:

So it’s essentially getting 1m units a week? :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

Is that the real cover? Why is his head photoshopped onto the cowboy's body? :skull:

Edited by feelslikeadream

Will this be the fastest song to ever reach Diamond? Sheesh. Streaming really has destroyed certifications 

:deadbanana4:

21 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Will this be the fastest song to ever reach Diamond? Sheesh. Streaming really has destroyed certifications 

How? He's making the same amount of money as any other 7X platinum would make, why shouldn't the certification reflect that

The fumes over this song

ATRL gays still can't believe this "meme song" might outdo the biggest hits of their faves careers

37 minutes ago, umich said:

So it’s essentially getting 1m units a week? :rip: 

Hello teas

40 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

locals :michael:

its a top 5 hit around the world

5 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

How? He's making the same amount of money as any other 7X platinum would make, why shouldn't the certification reflect that

Do you really think this song would have sold 7 million copies in the same amount of time it reached the certification through streaming? That’s all I’m saying 

the fact that it's also a global hit:jonny2: congrats!

Edited by Quiqui4eva

13 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Do you really think this song would have sold 7 million copies in the same amount of time it reached the certification through streaming? That’s all I’m saying 

Of course not, but it still made 7M worth of copies in money.  Even in streaming era we're seeing albums and songs not selling much but anomolies like this will be huge megahits, older smash songs didn't gave that advantage but it is what it is

8 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

Of course not, but it still made 7M worth of copies in money.  Even in streaming era we're seeing albums and songs not selling much but anomolies like this will be huge megahits, older smash songs didn't gave that advantage but it is what it is

That’s what I mean, songs that aren’t going to be considered classics are going to be higher-certified than songs that truly were more popular. Out of all the 7x platinum songs (and counting), do we really think OTR is going to be remembered as a classic hit? I like the song but I’m just sick of fans using statistics like these to say their faves songs are certified higher but aren’t actually remembered as much as classics, etc...

10 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

That’s what I mean, songs that aren’t going to be considered classics are going to be higher-certified than songs that truly were more popular. Out of all the 7x platinum songs (and counting), do we really think OTR is going to be remembered as a classic hit? I like the song but I’m just sick of fans using statistics like these to say their faves songs are certified higher but aren’t actually remembered as much as classics, etc...

classics arent measured by certs

Illmatic is only 1x platinum

So many low effort songs went multiplatinum around 2010-2013

Edited by Enoch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.