Billboard Charts (March 26-April 1, 2017)

iHype.

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Wow :clap3:

Starboy - 1,425,000 (515k pure sales est.)
24K Magic - 1,191,000 (756k pure sales est.)

Divide - 750,000 (459k pure sales est.)

More Life - 505,000 (226k pure sales)

:dies:

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• DELE2125

• iHype.

Just now, ChartsFan said:

I wasn't saying his sales were poor. I was commenting on the post I replied to that said the amount and huh?  That any attempt to diss his sales would be refuted vehemently and by those lastly who trashe Ed.  Again thanks for proving my point.

if I wasn't clear on my response, my apologies,

You definitely called his sales poor, but okay.

:rip:

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

This anger

:lmao:

And with $20 million checks for Apple Music partnerships, I assume it feels good for an application to owe THEIR success to YOU.

sis, you will come up with a thousand receipts to prove your point, but then go out and smell the fresh air, you'll realize Drake is nothing more, nothing less than a manufactured mogul of hip hop who pays a shitload of cash to promote his stuff. It's just sad, does Kendrick do that? does Em do that? Does Kanye do that? They never overhype their releases, they let the fans decide, Drake is kind of forcing his "brand" to sell, that's why you see half of black teenagers in urban America eating his songs, because they're forced to "like" his stuff... Sad!

4 minutes ago, MJLover said:

sis, you will come up with a thousand receipts to prove your point, but then go out and smell the fresh air, you'll realize Drake is nothing more, nothing less than a manufactured mogul of hip hop who pays a shitload of cash to promote his stuff. It's just sad, does Kendrick do that? does Em do that? Does Kanye do that? They never overhype their releases, they let the fans decide, Drake is kind of forcing his "brand" to sell, that's why you see half of black teenagers in urban America eating his songs, because they're forced to "like" his stuff... Sad!

More Life is his most liked project to date by critics. It was just dropped online with no promotion prior, no music being sent to critics prior, and every single person hearing it all at once. It literally was the definition of letting the people decide.

:toofunny3: 

Screen_Shot_2017-03-25_at_2.18.47_AM.png

All I'm getting from this is his music is successful, his music is liked, and you're angry over that. :fan:

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

More Life is his most liked project to date by critics. It was just dropped online with no promotion prior, no music being sent to critics prior, and every single person hearing it all at once. It literally was the definition of letting the people decide.

:toofunny3: 

All I'm getting from this is his music is successful, his music is liked, and you're angry over that. :fan:

Honey, who said I had a thing against More Life's quality as a body of work? I like some of the songs on it, I understand why people like it, it's the new trend, the new ice cold, nothing wrong with that... just don't force your brand all over me, is what I'm saying. It's an ugly side of consumerism. 

He keeps getting bigger with each release. :jonny:

18 minutes ago, MJLover said:

Honey, who said I had a thing against More Life's quality as a body of work? I like some of the songs on it, I understand why people like it, it's the new trend, the new ice cold, nothing wrong with that... just don't force your brand all over me, is what I'm saying. It's an ugly side of consumerism. 

28 minutes ago, MJLover said:

nothing less than a manufactured mogul of hip hop who pays a shitload of cash to promote his stuff. It's just sad, does Kendrick do that? does Em do that? Does Kanye do that? They never overhype their releases,

MJLover... okay :toofunny3: (He had the biggest budgets for albums ever, the most expensive music videos ever, and some of the hugest forms of promotion ever) 

-

Drake is a beast. :clap3:

Of course people are fuming because a hip hop mixtape sold well and broke records. @iHype.

you waste too much one trying to make them understand. 

Let them seethe. Let them not understand the difference between a proper studio album and a mixtape (or playlist as it is). 

Drake won. Again. That's it. Full stop! 

Not Drake getting the girls in their feelings yet again. 

- Congrats to him :clap3: 

Legend

9 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

He could have called it a new studio album and nobody would have said a word that it wasn't and that it was a mixtape.  Nobody.

This.

I see his mixtapes as albums anyway since he actually sells them instead of putting them out for free.

Wow, those numbers :eek:

Even 200k pure is impressive, but 500k SPS is :deadbanana2:

Well deserved.

Does someone know what position Pitbull's "Climate Change" debuted at Billboard 200?

Wow Top 10 is mostly men 

31 minutes ago, Capruni said:

Does someone know what position Pitbull's "Climate Change" debuted at Billboard 200?

It debuted at #28 on HDD's chart, so it should be close to there. The charts refresh Wednesday morning, so we will find out its official position then.

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

It debuted at #28 on HDD's chart, so it should be close to there. The charts refresh Wednesday morning, so we will find out its official position then.

Oh ok, ty

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

pitbull has a new album? 

Yas, Climate Change its title...

#6 Bruno Mars 24K Magic 51,000 -6%

:alexz3:

:ahh: the people still being pressed about streaming and trying it with sales in 2017.

Any idea if there will be physical sales for more life? 

2 hours ago, mowino said:

How's hot 100 looking today? Will Drake secure 2 t10 debuts? 

I think so, but we will see. In 6-7 hours

3 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Any idea if there will be physical sales for more life? 

Yep. It's going to be released physically on Friday.

Congrats Drake!! Those streaming numbers are insane :clap3: 

With More Life's final streaming # in, here's the updated top 10 for biggest streaming weeks (these are debut weeks unless specified):

1. More Life 384,400,000

2. Views 245,088,000

3. Views [3rd week] 186,081,000

4. 4 Your Eyez Only 176,950,000

5. Starboy 175,183,000

6. Views [2nd week] 166,238,000

7. Views [4th week] 140,798,000

8. Views [5th week] 137,456,000

9. Divide 135,400,000

10. Starboy [2nd week] 124,149,000