Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PinkBox said:

Sab-needs-a-bath

Spoiler
Spoiler

:coffee:

Next page here we go

q3og7z8pnpkk.png

Round 5: GENRE BENDER

The ULTIMATE TABS is the kind of artist that can be dauntless in trying out any kind of sound to improve his/her craft. And if your artist is the ULTIMATE TABS, he/she can  represent well any kind of music genre. 

This challenge will now focus on your artist's TALENT and ARTISTRY in representing a certain music genre.

This will also test how well you and your team works with each other.

Earlier in the thread, I asked the 3 mentors to randomly pick 5 numbers from 1-10. 

The numbers represent TOP 10 MUSIC GENRES of the Industry (source)

GENRES:

• the 5 genres chosen should be used and represented / for members who have more than 5 members, you can repeat a genre twice only
  • You can assign a music genre that best fits the artist or you can go the risky route and see if it pays off.
  • Spoiler

1. Electronic Dance Music:
    Generally referred as EDM, this form of music is produced by DJs who add dozens of tones to a piece to create unique music. You can hear them in clubs or even live, depending upon your accessibility for the same.

Team/s who picked this genre:

Speezy / Sabbath

2. Rock Music:
    Originated as “Rock & Roll” in the United States, It is a form of music that started actually around string instruments, but now uses other modern instruments too making it a little difficult to give it an accurate definition. Its loud and strong beats make it popular among the youths.

Element  / Speezy / Sabbath

3. Jazz:
    Identified with swing and blue notes, Jazz has its roots both in the West African and European culture. It is said that Jazz is “One of America’s original art forms” and boasts a unique combination of creativity, coactions and interactivity. Jazz has also played an important role in introducing the world to a number of women performers like Ella Fitzgerald, Betty Carter, Abbey Lincoln and Ethel Waters.

Speezy Sabbath

4. Dubstep:
    The use of instruments attracting music lovers for its bass and rhythm, this falls in the electronic music genre. People consider it to be a darker form of music, but since its birth in the late 1990s, this genre has successfully made its place in the industry.

Speezy

5. Rhythm and Blues:
    Originated in the 1940s, this African-American music is a combination of hip hop, funk, dance, pop and soul focusing on themes like relationships, sex and freedom.

Element / Speezy

6. Techno:
    You may have listened to a number of techno music while clubbing, but it is Detroit techno that is considered to be the foundation of this form of music. Unlike the days of its emergence, the use of technology today has greatly enhanced the quality of techno style music and popularizing it among people day by day.

Element  / Sabbath

7. Country Music:
    Another popular genre of American music which originated in the 1920s, Country music has its roots from American folk and western music. It is formed using simple forms of instruments ranging from electric and steel guitars to drums and mandolin or mouth organ. 

Sabbath

8. Electro:
    A perfect blend of hip hop and electronic music, electro or electro-funk uses drum machine, vocoder and talkbox helping it to distinguish itself from another similar form of music, Disco. 

Element 

9. Indie Rock:
    Falling in the genre of alternative rock music, Indie Rock originated in the 1980s and has gradually changed the music industry. After a decade, it also gave birth to a couple of sun-genres in related styles such as math rock, emo, noise pop, post rock and lo-fi.

Element 

10. Pop Music:
    “Pop” is a term derived from “Popular” and thus Pop Music is known to be a genre of popular music. With its roots in the rock & roll style, this form can include any form of music ranging from urban and dance to rock, country and Latin.

NO ONE

@kiiwii- @Touch It - @Bawdee - @Psycho @Loyalty @Queen Conchita-@Boys @PinkBox -@EriKills @KatyCatPH - @PoKiTaurus - @Not Like The Movies @thecptz  @Guero -@Solarie @Alena @fiercE @Pendulum  - @Invisibility -

@Element - @Speezy - @Sabbath - @Pressure ?

Edited by Yvess

7khq3tk6osaj.png

ROUND 5 ENTRIES

@Sabbath @Invisibility @Alena @Queen Conchita @Loyalty @Psycho

Alena - Selena Gomez

(Rock) As A Blonde

Spoiler

As an ever changing genre, Rock music has shown that it has no boundaries. Being able to evolve it’s sound from classics like AC/DC and the Rolling Stones to more modern approaches like Bring Me The Horizon and Twenty One Pilots, even mixing with poppier sounds like Kelly Clarkson and Ashlee Simpson.
For this entry, i chose Selena’s As a Blonde to channel the sound of Rock music of the early 2000s: Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Simple Plan and The All-American Rejects.

Invisibility - Madonna

(Jazz) Sooner or Later

Spoiler

Loyalty - Christina Aguilera

(Country) Just A Fool

Spoiler

Psycho - Lady Gaga

(Techno) Lady Gaga - Scheiße (DJ White Shadow Mugler)

Spoiler

While Techno is a genre widely discussed alongside EDM, House and Dubstep, the differences between them are not only easily perceived by the ear but can also be distinguished by their BPM. Techno stands alone in going around 120-160 BPM, with the most ‘general’ version being 120-135, and the rest of the scale being used for more experimental versions of it.
I decided to choose Lady Gaga’s Scheiße (DJ White Shadow for Mugler) as the Techno representant because it uses the Techno sound with a BPM of 131, making it a strong showcase of the pure sound of the genre.

Queen Conchita - Conchiita Wurst

(EDM)  Firestorm

Spoiler

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

d0muxrnc32z1.png

ROUND 5 ENTRIES

@Element @EriKills @Guero @kiiwii @KatyCatPH @Solarie @thecptz@PoKiTaurus

EriKills - Tinashe

(Techno) 2 On (DJ Q Remix)

Spoiler

Explanation: The key to a strong Techno song is a 4x4, high BPM non-melodic beat that is repetitive but NOT boring, which this remix of 2 On exemplifies. At times Tinashe's vocals are so spliced up they turn into sound effects rather than words, a v important highlight since often Techno does not have much vocals but rather is sprinkled with those odd/futuristic sound effects. And lastly, 2 On's R&B elements complement the Techno genre, which originated from black styles in Detroit or something like that (im too busy getting my life from this remix to visit the wiki page).

MadElaborateGlowworm-size_restricted.gif

Guero - Ariana Grande

(R&B) Let Me Love You

Spoiler

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

(Indie Rock) State of Grace

Spoiler

kiiwii - Katy Perry

(Electro) 365 (Jonas Aden Remix)

Spoiler

PoKiTaurus - Mariah Carey

(R&B) Honey

Spoiler

Dear judges,
They know how much this means to us. Mariah had to take matters into her own hands, even if it meant recording 100 discs of vocals for this song. 
True explorers follow the compass in their heart.

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

(Rock) Losing Grip

Spoiler

thecptz - Kacey Musgraves

(Indie Rock) Somewhere Only We Know

Spoiler

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

o4fo85p5x415.png

ROUND 5 ENTRIES

@Speezy @Bawdee @Boys @fiercE @PinkBox @Not Like The Movies @Pendulum @Touch It

Bawdee - Rihanna

(EDM) We Found Love

Spoiler

Boys - Britney Spears

(EDM) Till The World Ends

Spoiler

fiercE - Måns Zelmerlöw

(Rock) Heroes

Spoiler

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

(R&B) Screwed

Spoiler

This song has a great combination of funk, hip hop, soul and dance which is ideal R&B. The song focuses on a Sexual message which also highlights the R&B genre. A flawless choice to represent the genre Rhythm and Blues. 

Pendulum - Grimes

(Dubstep) Genesis (AzR Dubstep 
Remix)

Spoiler

PinkBox - Celine Dion

(Jazz) Mr. Paganini

Spoiler

Touch It - Beyonce

(R&B) Dangerously In Love 2

Spoiler

XOXO

Edited by Yvess

Some bawps

LUgJIwl.gif

Let me just clarify some points abt some genres(ELECTRO-TECHNO-DUBSTEP)

DUBSTEP -  the "wobble bass" which sounds kind of like random hardcore buzzy bass rhythms...but is actually just the bass being toyed with with a low frequency oscillator. 

Dubstep is usually somewhere between 130-140 bpm, but mostly 140.

The term is coined from the fusion of Jamaican style Dub music and 2-step.

It's sub-genre of UK garage music so the beats tend to be of a breakbeat 2-step style. The snare will either be on the 3rd beat OR the 2nd and 4th for that faster 90s Garage style which uses a more fast-paced rhythm.

Heavy use of triplet rhythms and cross-rhythms. Drums will also probably sound highly compressed, tight and mixed with a bit of reverb to sound a little more 'spacey'. Newer dubstep has aggressive drums and synths and a 4-to-the-floor beat is not uncommon.

ELECTRO - Electro is also commonly used (today) to refer to a genre of House music called Electro House. This genre has been one of the most popular forms of electronic music since at least 2009, and is played at night clubs and parties everywhere. It is noted for having shrill, loud synths that pierce the ears and sound something like an electric guitar. It is particularly intense and fist-pumping, and almost all electro songs are "bangers" meant to put a dance floor in a frenzy. 

Refers to any music with predominantly electronic instruments.Electronica is the experimental genre of the Electronic Dance Music industry.

TECHNO - Techno is dark, brooding, mechanical, and alien sounding. It also has a 4/4 beat and is usually at a BPM of at least 120 to 135.

Techno is often characterised by a 4-to-the-floor beat although oldschool techno does contain breakbeats. Techno is typically 135-145 bpm.

90s techno often has lots more percussion than synths and the main focus was rhythm. Modern techno tends to be more pop-influenced and melodic with simpler percussion.

90s techno was a lot more 'futuristic' than today's techno. Modern techno is more melodic and pop-inspired. 

Edited by Yvess

:weeps:

The sabotage on my entry already.. Please fix the link thank you :)

1 minute ago, fiercE said:

You better expose the hoest’s misandry :clap3:  

16 hours ago, fiercE said:

fixed sir,

15 hours ago, EriKills said:

You better expose the hoest’s misandry :clap3:  

wow,just in time, let me do my critiques rn  #lookwhatyoumademedo

Hi TABS, please choose one song and attach your name after the title 

Team Sabbath 

100x100bb.jpg

1 Liability -
2 Green Light -
3 Perfect Places -
4 Homemade Dynamite - 
5 Writer in the Dark -
6 Sober -
7 Hard Feelings / Loveless -

Team Speezy

100x100bb.jpg

1 One Step at a Time - 
2 No Air -
3 Tattoo - 

4 Young and In Love -
5 Freeze -

6 Now You Tell Me -

7 Shy Boy -

Team Element

100x100bb.jpg

1 My Blood -
2 Figure 8 -
3 Anything Could Happen -
4 Explosions -
5 Hanging On -
6 Only You -
7 Halcyon -

This will be revealed soon

xoxo

sis loyalty, choose from ur team..which is team sabbath 

Edited by Yvess

idek who tf is that

Team Speezy

100x100bb.jpg

1 One Step at a Time - 
2 No Air -
3 Tattoo - @Pendulum

4 Young and In Love -
5 Freeze -

6 Now You Tell Me -

7 Shy Boy -

No Air- Janelle Monae

Hi TABS, please choose one song and attach your name after the title 

Team Sabbath 

100x100bb.jpg

1 Liability -
2 Green Light -
3 Perfect Places -
4 Homemade Dynamite - 
5 Writer in the Dark -
6 Sober -

Team Speezy

100x100bb.jpg

1 One Step at a Time - 
2 No Air - Not Like The Movies
3 Tattoo - Pendulum

4 Young and In Love -
5 Freeze -

6 Now You Tell Me -

7 Shy Boy -

Team Element

100x100bb.jpg

1 My Blood -
2 Figure 8 -
3 Anything Could Happen - Guero
4 Explosions -
5 Hanging On -
6 Only You -
7 Halcyon -

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

Team Element

100x100bb.jpg

1 My Blood -
2 Figure 8 -
3 Anything Could Happen - GUERO
4 Explosions - THECPTZ
5 Hanging On -
6 Only You -
7 Halcyon -

#justiceforiknowyoucare

3 minutes ago, Yvess said:

sis loyalty, choose from ur team..which is team sabbath 

Oh :rip:

OT: Homemade Dynamite

and also justice for the louvre :biblio:

Hi TABS, please choose one song and attach your name after the title 

Team Sabbath 

100x100bb.jpg

1 Liability -
2 Green Light -
3 Perfect Places -
4 Homemade Dynamite -  Loyalty
5 Writer in the Dark -
6 Sober -

Team Speezy

100x100bb.jpg

1 One Step at a Time - 
2 No Air - Not Like The Movies
3 Tattoo - Pendulum

4 Young and In Love -
5 Freeze -

6 Now You Tell Me -

7 Shy Boy -

Team Element

100x100bb.jpg

1 My Blood -
2 Figure 8 -
3 Anything Could Happen - Guero
4 Explosions - thecptz
5 Hanging On -
6 Only You -
7 Halcyon -

xoxo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.