Pop girls with most weeks at number one this decade (solo)

Brishka

Adele - 24 weeks (RITD - 7 weeks, SLY - 5 weeks, SFTTR - 2 weeks, Hello - 10 weeks) 
Taylor Swift -  17 weeks (WANGBT - 3 weeks, SIO - 4 weeks, BS - 7 weeks, LWYMMD - 3 weeks)  
Ariana Grande - 13 weeks (TUN - 7 weeks, 7R - 6 weeks) 
Katy Perry - 11 weeks (Roar - 2 weeks, Firework - 4 weeks, LFN - 2 weeks, PoM - 1 week, TD - 2 weeks) 
Kesha - 10 weeks (TT - 9 weeks, WAWWR - 1 week)

Rihanna - 10 weeks (Diamonds - 3 weeks, OG - 1 week, RB - 6 weeks) 

Carly Rae - 9 weeks (CMM - 9 weeks)  
Lorde - 9 weeks (Royals - 9 weeks) 
Meghan Trainor - 9 weeks (AATB - 9 weeks)  
Lady Gaga - 6 weeks (BTW - 6 weeks) 
Cardi B - 3 weeks (BY - 3 weeks) 
Kelly Clarkson - 3 week (Stronger - 3 weeks)   
Miley Cyrus - 3 weeks (WB - 3 weeks) 
Halsey - 2 weeks (WM - 2 weeks)    
Britney Spears - 1 week (HIAM - 1 week) 
Pink - 1 week (RYG - 1 week) 

Edited by Brishka

Adele :clap3:

Don't understand this solo thing tho, they're the lead in most of their singles, it's not like the feature made it go #1 except for S&M.

5 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Adele :clap3:

Don't understand this solo thing tho, they're the lead in most of their singles, it's not like the feature made it go #1 except for S&M.

It's very subjective. We cannot determine how much exactly a certain feature artist contributed to the success of a song. It's fair and square when we compare solo singles. 

Adele STOMPING with the least amount of singles released :clap3:

Also, all of Katy’s #1s with features were still her own songs though. Maybe you should count those ones for everyone. 

What was the purpose of this thread? :toofunny2:

Rihanna and Katy Perry are number one overall with 41 and 26 weeks overall, followed by Adele. Billboard pays no attention to "solo" vs "features" because if that were the case then Rihanna wouldn't be the biggest Hot 100 act of the 2010's or even Drake for that matter, nor would Usher be the biggest Hot 100 act of the 2000's. 

Moreover, if we are to follow this thread, you forgot "Rude Boy" by Rihanna which brings her to 10 weeks.

@Brishka Where are Bodak Yellow, Royals, What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger), and Wrecking Ball? 

As for female artists who didn't make the list due to features:

Sia (Cheap Thrills)

Camila (Havana)

Beyonce (Perfect Duet)

Kyla (One Dance)

Iggy Azalea (Fancy)

Charli XCX (Fancy)

Kimbra (Somebody That I Used To Know)

Janelle Monae (We Are Young)

Xtina (Moves Like Jagger)

Lauren Bennett (Party Rock Anthem)

Dev (Like A G6)

I'm pretty impressed at the amount of female artists who went to #1 overall this decade as I thought it was much lower. 

I guess we don't have the Mariahs, Ashantis, Jlos, Alicias, Monicas, Brandys, Aaliyahs, Nelly Furtados, Avrils, Fergies, or Ciaras of this world permeating the top of the charts anymore like last decade, but the drop in females wasn't as bad as I thought. 

47 minutes ago, ren said:

U forgot Rude Boy :skull:

I though it was released in 2009. I've edited the list. 

People being bothered by this thread because their fave isn't at the top :toofunny2: it's literally just another achievement thread on ATRL so if you're wondering what the point is it's literally that this one is solo. There's another list for the most weeks at #1 that includes features but it's...not this one? :rip:

OT: The talent in the top 3 :clap3:

Edited by Glo

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to determine how many weeks pop girls spent at number one with their solo singles. Thank you for asking.      

2 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Rihanna and Katy Perry are number one overall with 41 and 26 weeks overall, followed by Adele. Billboard pays no attention to "solo" vs "features" because if that were the case then Rihanna wouldn't be the biggest Hot 100 act of the 2010's or even Drake for that matter, nor would Usher be the biggest Hot 100 act of the 2000's. 

Moreover, if we are to follow this thread, you forgot "Rude Boy" by Rihanna which brings her to 10 weeks.

it counts for points on H100 Year End List....co-lead 50% only for each and if ft. the lead gets 70% of points and the ft 30 % only ....:mandown:

This list is really telling of who has actual solo power and who does not. 

Anyway, my faves slaying at 2 and 3 :clap3:

Imagine not crediting Rih in WFL/Work/WMN/S&M... It actually makes no sense.

Who then deserves the credit for the songs cause certainly not Calvin/ Drake/Britney?

So those number #1 smashes go unnoticed/disappear? Alright

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.