Rihanna's "GGGB" Hits 2M Pure Sales In The U.K | Her 2nd...

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

16 hours ago, Cain said:

So ‘only’ 500K away to Diamond which I think it could easily do in the next decade. :duca:

The UK doesn’t have a Diamond certification 

14 minutes ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

The UK doesn’t have a Diamond certification 

10x Platinum then. :sistrens:

Wow, I knew she was big in the UK but this is ridiculous!! :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Timber said:

Wow, I knew she was big in the UK but this is ridiculous!! :jonny5:

Two 2M selling albums.

Only Madonna, Whitney Houston, 

Celine Dion and Rihanna have two 2M selling albums as international Female artists + Dido and Adele as British artists.

Only 6 Females altogether.

Also, the BPI just released a "Decade-End" list. Rihanna is the most successful Female international act this decade. 

:jonny6:

On 3/11/2019 at 12:59 PM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@Cain is correct.

It's currently at 2M pure sales which indicates that it's 6X platinum. Rihanna is the ONLY 21st century International Female artist with a 6X platinum album or higher. The others (Adele; Emeli Sanders; Dido; Amy Winehouse) are all British.

It would need to sell another 900K units or so to be certified Diamond which, of course, is never happening in pure sales.

However, it's at 2.4M with catalogue streams (SPS), so...

Catalogue streams don’t count for BPI and streaming’s formula is way different to USA’s (single sales don’t count either).

Once it hits 2.1m units it will be automatically certified 7x Plat which should be easily this year (1.85m at the time Unapologetic came out) Loud is easily going 7x Platinum this year as well. 2 7x Platinum albums this century incoming :deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Catalogue streams don’t count for BPI and streaming’s formula is way different to USA’s (single sales don’t count either).

Once it hits 2.1m units it will be automatically certified 7x Plat which should be easily this year (1.85m at the time Unapologetic came out) Loud is easily going 7x Platinum this year as well. 2 7x Platinum albums this century incoming :deadbanana4:

Thank you for this info. I didn't know this. 

And :hoetenks: :hoetenks: :hoetenks: @ 2 7X platinum albums.

@Cain @Cockney Cupcake She really is the 2nd biggest Female in the UK this century after Adele and BY FAR the biggest international Female.

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@Cain @Cockney Cupcake She really is the 2nd biggest Female in the UK this century after Adele and BY FAR the biggest international Female.

And the biggest selling singles artist of all time AFAIK :hoetenks:

52 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

We love a global legend and big album seller. :fan:

Edited by Cain

The fact that Loud sold more in the UK than the US still blows my mind :deadbanana:

and wow, I didn't know Loud sold 2M in UK before GGGB did!

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

14 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

UK has TASTE that’s why Adele and Rih are their Queens

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.