• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karasu

• Samson

• Yog

• Cryptique

Top Posters In This Topic

I support this both on principle and because it's completely illogical to have them count for the Hot 100 and not for the Billboard 200. Moreover, as has been articulated already, its impact will be negligible. This reminds me of all of the fuss surrounding TEA.

those talentless Youtubers are about to chart :deadbanana4:

seems overdue for a few years but certainly welcomed. 

why are people ignorant with KPop coming, Ariana coming for 6M debut when BB200 is for US Only and that Youtube streams are weighed less with 1:3750 ratio.. :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, alexanderao said:

I support this both on principle and because it's completely illogical to have them count for the Hot 100 and not for the Billboard 200. Moreover, as has been articulated already, its impact will be negligible. This reminds me of all of the fuss surrounding TEA.

not only that, the RIAA and billboard typically made their streaming inclusion changes at about the same time. they only time they haven't matched is when it came to counting youtube streams for albums…

Payola, fake views and fraud WON

Nicki's boobs are gonna chart

How can youtube views equal = album sale? :rip:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

38 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

How can youtube views equal = album sale? :rip:

market is dying obviously

streaming is saving it 

sad but TRUE

Metamorphosis

Y'all have been arguing over this **** for 6 years straight now. :skull:

11 hours ago, Cryptique said:

why are people ignorant with KPop coming, Ariana coming for 6M debut when BB200 is for US Only and that Youtube streams are weighed less with 1:3750 ratio.. :deadbanana4:

Just let them have their delusions..:rip:

On 2/5/2019 at 9:14 PM, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Like has already been explained, and being overlooked, this isn't going to change anything. And what's a huge flop to you? Pure sales? Those are obselete at this point. BB200 does reflect the most popular albums. Your opinion on how they've decided to do it doesn't mean they're missing the point, it's their creation...

Your thinking is really outdated. These albums are getting streamed. You don't see half of them with major smash hits, but the album track streams are consistent. A lot of these albums aren't even getting singles until after they see how the album cuts perform.

Hundreds of millions of people are streaming music now. They're/our streams matter more than the few hundred thousand still purchasing. How anyone still thinks the opposite in 2019, I...

Honey, nowhere in my post I did say that streaming is not the future. And no, not all of these albums are getting entirely streamed and yes, they are missing their point, which it is to reflect the most popular albums of the week on the USA. The thing is, like I said before, an album can get a considerable boost on the BB200 with just one of it's songs being played - The point is: They should be counting the amount of times an album is streamed to the charts and not the total amount of streams of all tracks combined. Get it?

This is tragic by every metric. Payola fueled artists will only inflate their stats even more.

Hopefully this will encourage labels to invest in more quality videos. They were getting lazy, some songs dont even have music videos or very cheap ones. 

The King of YouTube, Justin Bieber, will benefit from this :alexz: 

Drake's YouTube stats are tragic tho so at least we're safe from him :fan: 

Thank god Im past caring about the charts. Its become a farce. Just like platinum certs are a farce and handed out like free candy. You tube views are more fake than ever.

liberalmusiclover

I remember when Rihanna uploaded her entire Talk That Talk album to YouTube. Legend would’ve gone #1 with this. 

liberalmusiclover

People are against this?

Isn’t YouTube Music a legitimate streaming service?

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Clueless said:

:rip: they didn't already count?

no, and the reason why is mostly industry pressure. the music industry hates youtube because of how it's a free-for-all environment with the messy uploads as well as the fact that their payout is so grossly low compared to other services. the avg spotify streamer makes $24 USD in one year; the avg youtube streamer makes <$1 USD in one year.

11 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

People are against this?

Isn’t YouTube Music a legitimate streaming service?

people here r only against it bc they have this idea that youtube payola is a major thing or something idek

youtube music is technically a legit streaming service which is why the UK counts it towards their songs chart and not unofficial uploads

Honestly who even cares anymore :rip: The charts are so different nowadays and less important. All about enjoying the music since we don't need to worry about getting a hit to be able to hear our fave on the radio. We can stream it on demand thank god.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.