H100: 7 Rings #1, WOW #8

Renan90

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

What I don’t get is why Ariana needs to be the best artist on the charts. Can’t she just release music and if you like it, then enjoy it? Does she really need to be defended or promoted as the best there is right now?

isnt it just enough she has songs out you like?

ill never understand thisnblind worship of a musician who is just a human like everyone else. Who bleeds and errs like ever other human.  Who has a stage/public persona that is separate from their human.

people always been obsessing over other people, it's in their nature. through the ages people been obsesssing over kings, leaders, artists, writers. now it's just more exposed thanks to the internet.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Cryptique

• Ger

• Sinister

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

It took 5 years for another song to snag 100m+ streams after Harlem Shake (Drake), same 5 years for a song to break HS's record (also Drake). 2 years before Taylor broke Hello's #s, Ariana taking Taylor (twice) year later. Rihanna's probably the only female who might challenge Grande's numbers. And who knows when sis is gonna drop.

So definitely not "constantly," unless half a decade is constant; and limited to the megastars of streaming (Drake, Taylor, Adele, Ariana - I'll throw Nicki in their too since Fefe is among the top 10 streaming peaks of all time!)

But I am glad you're acknowledging streaming for its growth and purpose in the charts.

She's literally the #1 female artist, has been since she made her comeback. Not having the same stats doesn't negate her dominance, far from B-list. How is a B-lister #1 across all the platforms, hosting 3-4 songs in rotation with no hesitance from radio, leading male/urban dominated streaming services with ease despite the ignorant concept that her success is pushed by children. I mean if you wanna portray yourself as... this, go ahead. The primes aren't comparable across decades. This is what is now and Ariana is leading it. :cm:

Wait didn't he defend radio airplay should have bigger representation than streaming on the chart, but glad he did that since the streaming still growth exponentially for the next few years and make the radio became less relevant in the process.

5 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

What I don’t get is why Ariana needs to be the best artist on the charts. Can’t she just release music and if you like it, then enjoy it? Does she really need to be defended or promoted as the best there is right now?

ill never understand thisnblind worship of a musician who is just a human like everyone else. Who bleeds and errs like ever other human.  Who has a stage/public persona that is separate from their human.

you’re the one being pressed as hell so take your own advice and enjoy ariana’s consecutive #1 debuts and hold your wig for when the album drops next week, honey 

The fumes in this thread, I-

13 minutes ago, Say Da Barbie® said:

you’re the one being pressed as hell so take your own advice and enjoy ariana’s consecutive #1 debuts and hold your wig for when the album drops next week, honey 

Drag it. :bibliahh:But watch it express its hypocrisy "bU bU BUH BUT wE aRe JusT diScuSsing cHarTs!1!1!!!!" like that thing is gonna fool us. :sorry:

OT: 7 Rings at #1! Not everyone can have a solo back to back #1 so I can see why a lot of people are fuming. :clap3:

Edited by Jude

Are y’all gonna fume about Ariana like this in every Hot 100 thread? :rip: It’s so boring at this point. Can the mods please thread ban a certain list of users from the BB200 thread for album release week in advance? :dies:

On 1/29/2019 at 12:22 PM, Cryptique said:

yeah.. STS saved the era, and with streaming usually taking long to settle DW definitely is bigger than AP.. plus now that ARI became the biggest streaming girl, expect it to do 6M-7M SPS in the long run :clap3: and i ain't mad cause i love ME and DW Eras :clap3:

:cm:

8 hours ago, channel orange said:

@Cryptique

Dangerous Woman - 5,902,000 (as of today)

thoughts?

as stated above, streaming settles really slow so expect a good bump to albums from streaming era of the biggest streaming girl atm.. so it's expected

10 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Lol.

so I was looking st the July 10 2004 when Fantasia debuted at #1. Btw, stopping the 19 week reign of Usher.

the interesting thing was they talked about debuting number one requires a balancing act of sales and airplay, too much airplay and you debut early,  

interesting things about I Believe 

- Fantasia is the first artist to debut at #1 with their first entry into the Hot 100. clay Aiken was on the season 2 finalist single that charted before he debuted #1 eith his own song,

- it debuted at #1 with only 2.7m AI. that was the lowest AI for any #1 song since B.B. included all rsdio genres in 1998.

- it sold 147000 copies first week. Easily enough points to debut #1 without needing any radio. The sales amount was huge for 2004 and the collapsing singles market.

It’s amazing despite it being fifteen years later the similar issues. Dying sales. Airplay tracking week issues,

Youre either really stupid or a bad troll.

6 hours ago, dussymob said:

Lies

Can you please stfu and go stream Keanu Reeves? You don't ever know what you're talking about.

6 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Bitch. You have some nerve. You literally sit here and fight people all day, everyday. I'm almost certain you don't have a cellphone so you're definitely always fuming behind a Windows somewhere. Ariana doesn't need to be the best for me to enjoy her music. But this is a discussion forum, obviously. And when dumb people are saying dumb things, the smart members of this forum logically respond.

No, she doesn't really need to be defended or promoted. She's at the top of her game, undoubtedly, while dropping music I enjoy. But it's typically you who is debating and combatting every post. So how can you feel like this when you're the catalyst of every fight or why anyone bothers to defend? These threads used to have some intellectual talk, prediction talk or harmony, with peak chart competition being the only times it got out of hand. With you there's an inescapable dread when entering these threads. It doesn't help when your friends @slw84 and @dussymobcome in here blindly gassing you up.

So honestly you can have it. I'll wait til it gets even worse than it is now and we get a mod to boot you. Cause it's ridiculous and sad at this point.

48 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Can you please stfu and go stream Keanu Reeves? You don't ever know what you're talking about.

Bitch. You have some nerve. You literally sit here and fight people all day, everyday. I'm almost certain you don't have a cellphone so you're definitely always fuming behind a Windows somewhere. Ariana doesn't need to be the best for me to enjoy her music. But this is a discussion forum, obviously. And when dumb people are saying dumb things, the smart members of this forum logically respond.

No, she doesn't really need to be defended or promoted. She's at the top of her game, undoubtedly, while dropping music I enjoy. But it's typically you who is debating and combatting every post. So how can you feel like this when you're the catalyst of every fight or why anyone bothers to defend? These threads used to have some intellectual talk, prediction talk or harmony, with peak chart competition being the only times it got out of hand. With you there's an inescapable dread when entering these threads. It doesn't help when your friends @slw84 and @dussymobcome in here blindly gassing you up.

So honestly you can have it. I'll wait til it gets even worse than it is now and we get a mod to boot you. Cause it's ridiculous and sad at this point.

Darn. You WENT IN. Put that in its place. :bibliahh:

OT: 7 Rings at #1 next week. Whew. :clap3:

6 minutes ago, Jude said:

Darn. You WENT IN. Put that in its place. :bibliahh:

OT: 7 Rings at #1 next week. Whew. :clap3:

Whew, not everyone can have BACK TO BACK multiweek number one SINGLES! :clap3:

Edited by HausofAri

8 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

OMG, Arianators are getting brave to even try to put TUN at same level as 1989, Teenage Dream, The Fame, GGGB, IASF :deadbanana4:

I mean we should wait first for the album to hit 10M SPS then, we can discuss. The standard for main pop girl approaching its lowest level I must say :jonny2:

It's at 1M CSPS and the album is more than a week away. SUFFER :ahh: 

3 minutes ago, HausofAri said:

Whew, not everyone can have BACK TO BACK multiweek number one SINGLES! :clap3:

Tea. :foxaylove2:

15 minutes ago, WestCoast said:

It's at 1M CSPS and the album is more than a week away. SUFFER :ahh: 

Why should I suffer when my girl has multiple 10M SPS albums. In fact, all main pop girls already got 15M+ SPS albums except..... :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Why are you so angry?

if chartsfan disturbs your spirit so bad why not place him on ignore.

its almost as if posters don’t even come in to discuss the hot 100 with the same energy/enthusiasm as they have attacking him and sometimes attacking his argument. 

I dont always agree with him and when he tries to bait me I don’t fall for it.

for instance, I discussed the hot 100 charts and he disagreed and brought up some thing about me and my lady gaga collection or something.

my response::ahh:

i wasn’t aroused or salivating at the desire to argue with chartsfan. Boom, conversation ended.

you all WANT to fight with him otherwise you’d put him ok your ignore list or just ignore him on your own. The sexual tension is so unsettling. 

Should rename this thread chartsfan’s opinion on the hot 100 (your rebuttal). That’s a more accurate title.

im feeling a ways about jcole releasing his song early when he could have debuted top 2 if not #1.

hopefully a video can come out before more new songs takeover.:celestial3:

1 hour ago, NEZ said:

Youre either really stupid or a bad troll.

He’s actually low key crazy sharp as a Fox by calling out contradictions and he stays on topic without reducing himself to attacking posters personally. He baits you all into attacking him and often times does make points. Sometimes he falls short but he really has taken over this thread and has most of you all bothered.

the easiest thing would be to ignore him but you all can’t help yourselves.

its actually brilliant how he strategized and often times calls out hypocrisy.

But ugh sadly money won’t reach top 10.

its either going to block itself with the maroon 5 boost or with the new Bruno Mars song entering in top 10.

i hope sicko mode can hold on in the top 10 for a couple of months but I doubt it. 

Not a fan of either Ariana song but she’s clearly in charge of the girls 

she stans Mariah and Britney and that’s all I need to say she’s alright with me:matty:

21 minutes ago, slw84 said:

He’s actually low key crazy sharp as a Fox by calling out contradictions and he stays on topic without reducing himself to attacking posters personally. He baits you all into attacking him and often times does make points. Sometimes he falls short but he really has taken over this thread and has most of you all bothered.

the easiest thing would be to ignore him but you all can’t help yourselves.

its actually brilliant how he strategized and often times calls out hypocrisy.

But ugh sadly money won’t reach top 10.

its either going to block itself with the maroon 5 boost or with the new Bruno Mars song entering in top 10.

i hope sicko mode can hold on in the top 10 for a couple of months but I doubt it. 

Not a fan of either Ariana song but she’s clearly in charge of the girls 

she stans Mariah and Britney and that’s all I need to say she’s alright with me:matty:

Nah just bad trolling.

This guy is really comparing Fantasia and Ariana and acting like there aren't any major differences between both girls. I don't have a problem with fartsfan. it's just easy to pick on him the same way he trolls everyone.

You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation.

zZ735Og.gif

1 hour ago, umich said:

You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation.

zZ735Og.gif

?

so anyway, billie is having a great start. our next female breakout should be coming

Some people just need to admit they don't like Ariana stans and realize they're trying to make nonsensical arguments because of that. If you're denying her power and trying to convince yourself she isn't the #1 female right now, reevaluate and see if you actually believe yourself

OT: 7 rings #1 :clap3:

Edited by Glo

9 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Drake doesn’t have anything to worry about, Adele doesn’t have anything to worry about, their BB200 place is safe.

considering she already broke drake's streaming record with 7 rings, i think you have a big storm coming sweetie

People do realize that stans were downplaying Teenage Dream's success even after Wide Awake peaked?  People were downplaying Rihanna not only after GGGB, but even after Loud and WFL. People downplayed IASF (and even 1989) as being too local.

Thing is, unless you pull Adele numbers, stans here will say it's not big enough until a new generation of stans replace them. 

Ariana is a the top of the game. And people will eventually look back at this and realize how MASSIVE this is. 

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

From the article ...

Drake's "In My Feelings" holds the overall record: 116.1 million;

specifically on spotify, she crushed him

thank u next

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

on the other hand by the end of 2019 it will be the 3rd to 5th best female album of the year on the BB200.

according to who, your hopes and prayers?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.