Billboard Charts (March 19-25, 2017)

iHype.

31 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

I'm surprised that they haven't sent How Far I'll Go (Auli'i's version, not Alessia's which I think has been sent) to radio or anything. Wasn't Let it Go in the top 10 there at one point? Furthermore, wasn't Let it Go in the top 10 on the H100 at one point?

what caused the surge in Moana songs this week?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• mike3009

• brianc33710

• alexanderao

33 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

I'm surprised that they haven't sent How Far I'll Go (Auli'i's version, not Alessia's which I think has been sent) to radio or anything. Wasn't Let it Go in the top 10 there at one point? Furthermore, wasn't Let it Go in the top 10 on the H100 at one point?

Idina's Let It Go peaked at #5 Hot 100

37 minutes ago, chriistiaaans said:

what caused the surge in Moana songs this week?

"Moana" was released on BluRay, it usually spikes sales of soundtracks and its songs.

I hope Ed gets 15 weeks. That way we finally get a 15 week #1, and Mimi gets to keep her record.

Edited by Chainsmoker

1 hour ago, Chainsmoker said:

I hope Ed gets 15 weeks. That way we finally get a 15 week #1, and Mimi gets to keep her record.

No, 14 weeks is enough. I'm sticking with 12 weeks for now, as a SYA-type surprise single from a huge artist could be released at any time. 

4 hours ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Manzel's (I've probably spelled the name wrong) "Let It Go" went Top 5 in both sales and streaming, but never really received any airplay beyond AC and HAC. Even there, LIG wasn't a huge hit. Radio preferred Lovato's version, even though the public obviously sided with Manzel's recording. I think Manzel peaked at #103 on Kworb's AI, though it might have gotten enough Top 40 airplay not to reach the genre's T 50, but enough to get it into the Top 100. I think kids airplay is counted in some form by Billboard too, and Manzel's version did well there.

9 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

Idina's Let It Go peaked at #5 Hot 100

Let It Go >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How Far I'll Go

I think Ed has the whole of April on lock for now. 

Possible 1s in the near future:

Passionfruit:  needs more time to compete

Mask Off: showing huge potential

Random viral song: I say it's 70% likely 

19 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Earned it and Happy say hi.  Let it Go waves.

unless of course two years is "so long" :smiley:

LOL. Really? 

None of them had +50 weeks. CSTF is coming for its 46th. The song is def huge, but not because it was a soundtrack. Deal with it

20 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

JT's longevity is even more impressive because the longest running Hot 100 songs do so with the help of streaming. That's Feeling's weakest component.

Yeah, radio and sales are definitely helping him. I wonder if he had better numbers on Spotify, how big the song would be...

29 minutes ago, mowino said:

Possible 1s in the near future:

Passionfruit:  needs more time to compete

Mask Off: showing huge potential

Random viral song: I say it's 70% likely 

TWIL?!

25 minutes ago, Curly said:

Yeah, radio and sales are definitely helping him. I wonder if he had better numbers on Spotify, how big the song would be...

Yeah, I think JT would've spent 10 weeks at #1 had his streaming matched his sales and airplay. It was behind One Dance forever, which has the streaming advantage.

24 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Yeah, I think JT would've spent 10 weeks at #1 had his streaming matched his sales and airplay. It was behind One Dance forever, which has the streaming advantage.

Yeah, right? The song could easily have 10 weeks at #1 if Billboard's rules were the same as 2012/3's... He needs to get better streaming numbers

If "Shape of you" gets 15 weeks at #1, that means "That's what i like" will spend 8 weeks at #2 (the same number of weeks that Thinking out loud spent at #2 blocked by Uptown Funk :eli: )

56 minutes ago, TayRianaPH said:

TWIL?!

No chance. I can see Mask Off leapfrogging Bruno in a month....hopefully

1 minute ago, mowino said:

hmm idk, Bruno is doing way better on Youtube, iTunes and radio... and Spotify gap is quite small :michael: 

Can't see Mask Off becoming a radio/sales smash

Guys, stop throwing these scary predictions :rip:

Shape of You doesn't deserve to break Mariah's record, leave it for an actual good song, it's like virginity, you know you're gonna lose it but you'd rather lose it with someone decent-looking... :biblio:

Plus, I thought it was clear that TWIL is the next #1 contender. It has radio support, will top iTunes in moments, good streaming performance... people cover it on YouTube, its dancing videos from musical.ly are trending each day... I'm sure that counts. But of course after Shape of You loses its airplay points (which will obviously take 3 weeks or so)... but then, only TWIL can snatch the top position.

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

Nobody ever said anything about why any of those songs were hits. Someone said there hadn't been a long running soundtrack sing in some time. I listed some.

also, you'd be hard pressed through 60 head of the h0t 100 to find more than 5-10'soundt ask songs that got 50 weeks.  Any of the songs listed are definitely near the top for longevity in the history of the chart for a soundtrack single.

Yes, someone said CSTF's longevity because it's a soundtrack song.

It would've been 10 weeks on top for Shaoe of You if Bad and Boujee didn't block SOY on it's 2nd and 3rd week on the chart :deadbanana2:. Thanks Migos!

We still have two weeks of guaranteed shape of you on the top if not three (some huge release by some artist can top it, but even that I doubt it). If not Mars is the closest, but tbh its anyone's game at this point, if things keep this pace it will be the one closest to SOY when it starts to fall heavily. 

38 minutes ago, MJLover said:

Guys, stop throwing these scary predictions :rip:

Shape of You doesn't deserve to break Mariah's record, leave it for an actual good song, it's like virginity, you know you're gonna lose it but you'd rather lose it with someone decent-looking... :biblio:

Plus, I thought it was clear that TWIL is the next #1 contender. It has radio support, will top iTunes in moments, good streaming performance... people cover it on YouTube, its dancing videos from musical.ly are trending each day... I'm sure that counts. But of course after Shape of You loses its airplay points (which will obviously take 3 weeks or so)... but then, only TWIL can snatch the top position.

It's not like One Sweet Day deserves to have that record in the first place. 

QueenofCopyPaste
1 hour ago, mowino said:

Future isnt on Youtube

QueenofCopyPaste
28 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

It's not like One Sweet Day deserves to have that record in the first place. 

It definitely does. It was strong in all its core formats and was consistently ahead (sales + airplay) since Mariah and Boyz II Men are on their peak in the 90s.

QueenofCopyPaste

Harry Styles releasing on April 7th..Another one to look forward to :keir: