Billboard Charts (March 19-25, 2017)

iHype.

13 minutes ago, JustActinUP said:

I'm ready for Bruno to snatch the top spot on the Hot 100.

giphy.gif

PREACH IT!

Take Ed off the top, he does NOT deserve iT!

giphy.gif

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• mike3009

• brianc33710

• alexanderao

Just now, Mr. Adele said:

PREACH IT!

Take Ed off the top, he does NOT deserve iT!

giphy.gif

Amen! Let us pray sis

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

I don't think so, he is peaking now and Ed isn't slowing down, he may just "almost touch" Bruno, but not defeat

Bruno still has a lot of room to grow on radio and he could still do a couple performances down the line

Don't think he is anywhere near peaking

QueenofCopyPaste
57 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

I don't think so, he is peaking now and Ed isn't slowing down, he may just "almost touch" Bruno, but not defeat

79539_shocked-oprah-oprah-winfrey.gif

2 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

TWIL is getting started on 4 other formated outside of pop on radio and his streaming is just getting bigger. He's also growing more sales wise than Ed. If anybody is peaking it's Ed. Bruno has time to close the gap.

I fear Bruno will peak in streams before Ed can rapidly lose strength on radio and streaming.

23 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

I fear Bruno will peak in streams before Ed can rapidly lose strength on radio and streaming.

repent sis, we cant have that happen

Shape of You is a great song and as much I dislike Ed and love TWIL(I even bought both), SOY deserves those 17 weeks and y'all can seethe with the unjustified hate 

UXh79bL.gif

Edited by Émotif Fool

2 minutes ago, Émotif Fool said:

Shape of You is a great song and as much I dislike Ed and love TWIL(I even bought both), SOY deserves those 17 weeks and y'all an seethe with the unjustified hate 

UXh79bL.gif

No sis, you better take a seaT if you think that generic song should break the legendary record by Mariah Carey

9Cy43rS.gif

6 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

5 I Feel It Coming     250  (=)

6 Something Just Like This     248  (+2)

7 Tunnel Vision     248  (-1)

SJLT might be back in the top 5!

Edited by Viva La Coldplay

9 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Future (pun intended) #1 they said :eddie:

i just want a top 10, breh breh

honestly I really do want the Mariah b2m record to be broken but every potential competitor is always bad

UF was the best recently

18 hours ago, ParallelLines said:

I can definitely see your point here. As Globally popular and renowned as Houston was as well as the song was of course, she still appealed to a specific core demographic nonetheless. I know for certainty that there were many who didn't like the song then, as well as those who still don't, whether due to its monumental success and overexposure, or they thought it was too maudlin and overexxagurated, or because they thought it to be inferior to Dolly Parton's Country-oriented original etc.

Adams' ...Everything more than likely had much more appeal to men, as a ballad, also due to his Rock background (albeit he too had his detractors) as opposed to ...I Will Always.

Speaking on ...I Will Always' mass popularity, here's an article from the NYT in 1994 speaking on the songs mega-domination in pop culture around that time, how a woman in England had the police called to her by her neighbour because she would not stop playing the song aloud from her house and how much people began to dislike it due to its immense overexposure overall. :dies: :dies: :dies:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/03/06/weekinreview/a-love-song-that-some-love-to-hate.html

@brianc33616 You may be interested in reading the article too.

@ChartsFan

everything i do is considered one of the most annoying songs o.a.t by many + Brian Adams is widely hated. I don't get why people love to bring that "he's a white male" narrative every time. Nickelback also consist of 4 white straight man, so :cm: ...

I Will Always... was overexposed & it's normal that people were annoyed by its dramatic nature.

Edited by Tremor Christ

24 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

@ChartsFan

everything i do is considered one of the most annoying song o.a.t by many + Brian Adams is widely hated.

I Will Always... was overexposed & it's normal that people were annoyed by its dramatic nature.

I agree.

Adams' early music in the 1980's was actually very well recieved, those being his first three albums specifically (Debut album; You Want It, You Got It, Cuts Like A Knife). It wasn't until Reckless (his commercial breakthrough) where he began being looked down upon by sanctimonious, pretentious rock critics and purists and the like. By the time Waking Up The Neighbours was released in 1991, he was critical poison and with the release of...Everything he was arguably the most loved yet hated "Rock star" in the world. Around the late 1980's/early 90's you had a plethora of Glam-Rock; Pop-Rock bands (Bon Jovi, Poison etc.) who also recieved mixed receptions by the upper Rock elite but at least their sound was still Hard-Rock oriented. Adams became a Soft-Rock crooner and he lost all respect. You also had the "brother-act" Richard Marx who was gaining popularity around the time and he too was widely loved yet disliked. 

Edited by ParallelLines

Closer was and is still huge, should have broken the record, and was stopped by mem song, that's the worst.

Ed has like forth week when he has 200+ adventage on song #2, he deserves to get at least 12-14 weeks

Don't forget that he still has discount in a bag

QueenofCopyPaste

Bruno blowing up in Urban :duca: Ed just needs to freefall in radio :duca:

On 26/03/2017 at 10:20 AM, Rihbeyga said:

If that was the case then Lady ahaha would have more streams than Rihanna. 

More not lie that she has a bigger fanbase and that fanbase is all about doing anything for mother monster. 

Its not 100% perfect. But Spotify does to a major degree reduce the effect of spamming. 

Who reported me for a typo or autocorrect?! 

I meant lady gaga! Geez