‘The Fame’ surpasses 5M (pure) in US sales.

umich

Gaga was 22 when "Just Dance" debuted on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart in May 2008 and crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100 that August. Five months later, it began a three-week stay at No. 1 on the Hot 100 dated Jan. 17, 2009.

The album on which the single appears, The Fame, reached No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and is Gaga's top seller in the United States with 5.1 million copies, according to Nielsen Music.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8493644/lady-gaga-just-dance-rewinding-the-charts-2009

approx. +300,000 sold since February 2018.

Kinda off considering that this has been reported to have sold 17M (WW) back in 2015. Shouldn't this be higher?

1 minute ago, jomarr said:

Kinda off considering that this has been reported to have sold 17M (WW) back in 2015. Shouldn't this be higher?

WW sales combine TF + TFM. US (Nielsen) recognizes them as separate albums and reports them as such.

2 minutes ago, jomarr said:

Not really, The Fame just sold a lot WW.

Although 300k pure in 11 months sounds weird to me... with that alone it should be top 100 in the year-end chart :confused:

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Although 300k pure in 11 months sounds weird to me... with that alone it should be top 100 in the year-end chart :confused:

Just now, erianoillim said:

I'm confused with these numbers

xVBWyN3.gif

Don’t shoot the messenger.

xVBWyN3.gif

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

truly an enigma

It's kinda off.. sorry but that 300k+ units are likely SPS not Pure Sales

3 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yeah, something's off

6 minutes ago, umich said:

Don’t shoot the messenger.

xVBWyN3.gif

I wasn't. I know Billboard counts TF and TFM together because in the US TFM was a rerelease, and the last time @ViviLittleM made an inquiry, if I remember correctly, TF is eligible for 9x plat last year, and it continues to sell to date

xVBWyN3.gif

Just now, SeanET said:

she was so huge, congrats queen :clap3: 

And remains huge, somehow she stays here, and we CAN stand it!

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

Even with that it should be on the year-end chart. I think they just reported the wrong numbers last year and this year it was likely up 200k units.

10 minutes ago, jomarr said:

17M is 15M TF(TFM) plus 2M TFM Ep

3 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Even with that it should be on the year-end chart. I think they just reported the wrong numbers last year and this year it was likely up 200k units.

Or it could be possible that another retailer has made a deal with Nielsen/Billboard and its sales belatedly got added to the total.

Just now, Arthoe said:

Or it could be possible that another retailer has made a deal with Nielsen/Billboard and its sales belatedly got added to the total.

Sounds legit. Mystery solved!

even this is off:

On Dec. 28, Gaga, who has grossed $494 million touring the globe, according to Billboard Boxscore, began her Enigma residency at the Park MGM in Las Vegas, where "Just Dance" is the set opener on alternating nights.

3 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Well the yearend chart ended mid-Nov.. TF is still riding the ASIB Hype to date..

Also as far as i can remember ASIB did ~300k units last tracking year as it chartwd in the EDM Albums YE.. can somebody confirm?? Or was it 170k units or something?

2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

even this is off:

On Dec. 28, Gaga, who has grossed $494 million touring the globe, according to Billboard Boxscore, began her Enigma residency at the Park MGM in Las Vegas, where "Just Dance" is the set opener on alternating nights.

That's accurate based on rwported boxscores to BB

Just now, Cryptique said:

That's accurate based on rwported boxscores to BB

Well we know that she is at 600M+ so... what are the other sources? Let's hope not pollstar lol

Just now, ViviLittleM said:

Well we know that she is at 600M+ so... what are the other sources? Let's hope not pollstar lol

Yeah, but it's the same case for all artists

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.