Most dominant Hot 100 #1's ever

Hector

1 minute ago, Sinister said:

No idea...in the charts sections the experts have noted it and don't know either

It's clear that the label is sobataging Bruno to help Ed. I wouldn't put it past the troll to do this to Bruno, he might still be pressed about UF blocking ROL for those 2 months. YT better start denying those checks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianc33710

• Sinister

• brainmaniac

• Enoch

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

It's clear that the label is sobataging Bruno to help Ed. I wouldn't put it past the troll to do this to Bruno, he might still be pressed about UF blocking ROL for those 2 months. YT better start denying those checks.

I think Ed is behind it too

The X era was just missing a #1 to really pull everything together 

7 hours ago, Donquizote said:

adele and male adele up there

Edele

UF also had huge point totals during its stay at #1. However Blank Space (1st 2 wks), Thinking Out Loud (wks 3-10), and Sugar (wks 11-14) were also massive hits. TOL finished #2 for 2015, and Sugar ranked at #5. Blank Space still had a lot of points when UF took over too.

Also of interest, Thrift Shop had an almost 2:1 lead over the #2 song prior to TS getting bumped out by HS.

Elton John's "Candle in the Wind 1997"/"Something About the Way You Look Tonight," meanwhile, claims the biggest-ever ratio lead over a No. 2 song: It debuted at No. 1 on Oct. 11, 1997, with a massive 17 times the amount of points of the No. 2 challenger (Boyz II Men's "4 Seasons of Loneliness").

Whew!!!!! Elton really wasn't letting the girls breathe :clap3:

King should release Candle in The Wind 2017 and clock the streaming charts 17x over

Elton John's "Candle in the Wind 1997"/"Something About the Way You Look Tonight," meanwhile, claims the biggest-ever ratio lead over a No. 2 song: It debuted at No. 1 on Oct. 11, 1997, with a massive 17 times the amount of points of the No. 2 challenger (Boyz II Men's "4 Seasons of Loneliness").

King should release Candle in The Wind 2017 and clock the streaming charts 17x over

1 hour ago, brainmaniac said:

Elton has said he will never sing Candle In The Wind 1997 again unless Princess Diana's sons want to hear it. I don't think is even available for download or ODS.

56 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Elton has said he will never sing Candle In The Wind 1997 again unless Princess Diana's sons want to hear it. I don't think is even available for download or ODS.

I know sis that's why I said Candle In The Wind 2017 :gaycat5: It's time for a new chapter for the next generation :gaycat2:

And Candle In The Wind 1997 is on iTunes and Apple Music and Spotify at least

Not sure about Tidal :duck:

Edited by brainmaniac

11 hours ago, Letters From Adi said:

screaming at Heartbreaker :deadbanana2: 

her best lead single of her best album. don't try it..

10 minutes ago, NewRihannaStan said:

her best lead single of her best album. don't try it..

Rainbow is not even in her 5 best :rip: 

Hello's is the most impressive given how huge Sorry is in its own right :eek: 

1 hour ago, Ryann said:

Hello's is the most impressive given how huge Sorry is in its own right :eek: 

Does anyone have the record of how many points Hello had at its peak?

2 hours ago, Letters From Adi said:

Rainbow is not even in her 5 best :rip: 

Rainbow is 

20 hours ago, Thuggin said:

Elton's lead making Adele's look like child's play :deadbanana:

Well to be fair, the huge sales were caused by Princess Diana's death rather than Elton John's starpower, Still impressive tho

4 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

I know sis that's why I said Candle In The Wind 2017 :gaycat5: It's time for a new chapter for the next generation :gaycat2:

Well when the Queen dies maybe Adele can sing a tribute song :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, NewRihannaStan said:

Rainbow is 

not when Butterfly and Daydream exist

58 minutes ago, DONTYELLATME said:

Well to be fair, the huge sales were caused by Princess Diana's death rather than Elton John's starpower, Still impressive tho

I know but still. The week Hello was released felt massive. And to think it still only had twice as many points as the #2 compared to 17 times the points as the #2. :jonny:

why didn't wanegbt double whistle when it had over 3x the sales tho?

13 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

I had actually searched for the song to download and stream, but the only place I found Candle was on YT. I did find the 1988 version though.

I wish BB would consider "power points" in its all-time charts, instead of just a track's trajectory . Songs with shorter chart lives, like WH, EJ, and Adele had huge chart weeks, even if their Hot 100 runs weren't as long as Truly Madly Deeply, which was around for a long time but never had any big weeks. I remember the song. TMD airplay was bigger than its sales, but even on radio the peak impression levels weren't great. And no, I didn't intend to highlight any part of this post. ATRL did this on its own, and I don't know how to get rid of it. ?.

5 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

I wish BB would consider "power points" in its all-time charts, instead of just a track's trajectory . Songs with shorter chart lives, like WH, EJ, and Adele had huge chart weeks, even if their Hot 100 runs weren't as long as Truly Madly Deeply, which was around for a long time but never had any big weeks. I remember the song. TMD airplay was bigger than its sales, but even on radio the peak impression levels weren't great. And no, I didn't intend to highlight any part of this post. ATRL did this on its own, and I don't know how to get rid of it. ?.

Are #1s all worth the same to Billboard's All time charts? like Hello's #1 is worth the same as Cheap Thrills' #1?

The way "Harlem Shake" was making a mockery of this stat before Billboard re-jiggered the ratio lol. 

9 hours ago, bjnono001 said:

Are #1s all worth the same to Billboard's All time charts? like Hello's #1 is worth the same as Cheap Thrills' #1?

Yes. BB only considers chart lives when putting together its decade end and all time charts. BB really should factor in how strong the #1s (or #2s like TOL), as a song who got lucky with a long stay at #1 shouldn't be credited the same as those which had huge leads over the other songs. Example -- Hello vs. Work.

I had actually started putting together a 2010s ranking of songs that incorporated power points based upon certifications, or eligible for a certification upgrade. However, I haven't worked on it for almost a year due to school priorities.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:26 PM, Thuggin said:

I know but still. The week Hello was released felt massive. And to think it still only had twice as many points as the #2 compared to 17 times the points as the #2. :jonny:

I feel like Hello was more impressive considering it wasn't propped up by a death like Candle In The Wind. It wasn't like people thought that Candle In The Wind was such a great song. It's just that it was the song associated with Princess Diana's death. Candle In The Wind barely even cracked the Top 20 in Pop Airplay if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Adonis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.