moki(tsu)'s best of 2018 | new songs/albums

mokitsu

1 hour ago, Eeveelution said:

LDA is alright, I don't hate it.

Pharrell saved Sweetener!

February 3rd is one of the best on the album and I agrih with your write up. King Princess snapped on one or two songs, she has potential. 

Imagine thinking this :bibliahh:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mokitsu

• prézli

• madonnas

• Tsareena

Re:HMs:

FJM is a talentless hack ✔️

We stan miss Shygirl ✔️

That Tommy Cash album was actually good, who would have thot? ✔️

Oh wow I didn't expect to see Rosalie. here 478217693615620098.png?v=1 I'm not exactly a fan though :fan:

Also thanks for reminding me of that Mich Cota album, listening rn and I like it so far

As for the album list (?), I wasn't a fan of neither Sweetener nor Little Dark Age at first but thankfully both grew on me massively

• ATRL Moderator

lost & found was pretty good
king princess also had a great year for me :clap3: 

Jorja has some good songs on album, but based on all critics hype I've expected better :michael:

lost & found is good and siren is amazing, glad sunmi is back to form after a few disappointing releases

yasss at sweetener now we talking boo, serve up a taste.

yuh and everytime is amazing. and bich you played it the most, give it a higher place. uh.

Lost & Found is a solid debut album. I think with a bit of trimming, it could've been presented as a better overall package. Your description of the album is pretty much on-point but I disagree with you saying she's bringing something new to the R&B. Rather, I think she's bringing a style that we haven't seen in a long time back to R&B. I like my electronic, muddy vocal'd 2010'd R&B as much as the next indieheaux but I appreciate what Jorja's doing a lot!

The only song I heard from this list is from King Princess but it was when I checked out her EP some months back and I never went back to it :rip: 

She seemed cool.

Sweetener slander? :biblio: 

It's an amazing album - surprisingly experimental given it's a pure-pop album + Ariana. She made several points.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:15 PM, prézli said:

Yes, I don't listen to k-pop/j-pop or whatever it is.

I've heard about Jorja, but never checked out her stuff. (I should.)

wabayou

they serve trashy bops, i use

yes at least check her out x

On 12/16/2018 at 2:15 PM, Eeveelution said:

LDA is alright, I don't hate it.

Pharrell saved Sweetener!

February 3rd is one of the best on the album and I agrih with your write up. King Princess snapped on one or two songs, she has potential. 

i liked KP's ep, hoping she snaps with her album but that pu$$y song is not it

On 12/16/2018 at 2:23 PM, Unoriginal said:

i really like lost & found. i think my main issue with it is all the ballads were put in a row at the end and it's so :zzz: 

same, it could've benefited from a better tracklist ..x

On 12/16/2018 at 2:23 PM, Legend E said:

Idk these either.

Sweetener is Ariana's worst album, but eh it's okay it has some good songs.

yours truly outworsened 

On 12/16/2018 at 2:27 PM, prézli said:

I feel the opposite. ? I liked light is coming (I know that 90% of the population hates it), but the rest of his songs were noisy at best. Pharrell keeps ruining everything around him. (Even Man of the Woods was awful because of him as Flannel is JT's worst song he ever recorded.)

Image result for oh heres the tea

On 12/16/2018 at 2:28 PM, kelly-clarkson said:

Sweetener is cute but I agree with your review!

:hug:

On 12/16/2018 at 2:42 PM, Superpower said:

I disliked Sweetner since day 1. I don’t even like the singles. Ariana is capable of so much more 

:biblio: mess, she did serve DW rehashes but w/e

22 hours ago, World Eater said:

Re:HMs:

FJM is a talentless hack ✔️

We stan miss Shygirl ✔️

That Tommy Cash album was actually good, who would have thot? ✔️

Oh wow I didn't expect to see Rosalie. here 478217693615620098.png?v=1 I'm not exactly a fan though :fan:

Also thanks for reminding me of that Mich Cota album, listening rn and I like it so far

As for the album list (?), I wasn't a fan of neither Sweetener nor Little Dark Age at first but thankfully both grew on me massively

ngl rosalie is kinda talentless but it cured my insomnias many nights so we have to stan 

22 hours ago, Tsareena said:

lost & found was pretty good
king princess also had a great year for me :clap3: 

:hug: 

20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Jorja has some good songs on album, but based on all critics hype I've expected better :michael:

hmm i can see where you're coming from 

17 hours ago, Vilppu said:

lost & found is good and siren is amazing, glad sunmi is back to form after a few disappointing releases

she did what she had to do 

17 hours ago, Dom said:

yasss at sweetener now we talking boo, serve up a taste.

yuh and everytime is amazing. and bich you played it the most, give it a higher place. uh.

it kinda aged like milk, i have like 800 plays for it from august and barely any after mokitsu

14 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Lost & Found is a solid debut album. I think with a bit of trimming, it could've been presented as a better overall package. Your description of the album is pretty much on-point but I disagree with you saying she's bringing something new to the R&B. Rather, I think she's bringing a style that we haven't seen in a long time back to R&B. I like my electronic, muddy vocal'd 2010'd R&B as much as the next indieheaux but I appreciate what Jorja's doing a lot!

The only song I heard from this list is from King Princess but it was when I checked out her EP some months back and I never went back to it :rip: 

She seemed cool.

i agree with this now that you mention it :eek: 

6 hours ago, theblackestday said:

maybe sweetener was too ahead of its time for certain people. lda and l&f :heart2: :clap3:

we'll see about that.xx

1 hour ago, Body Electrician said:

you're right, sweetener ***Ing sucks

:fan: 

6 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Sweetener slander? :biblio: 

It's an amazing album - surprisingly experimental given it's a pure-pop album + Ariana. She made several points.

some experiments fail.. :fan: 

I think have to check out the Snail Mail album, just so I can form my own opinion on it. EIL got so much more hate than it should've. A cute rap/R&B album with some great production moments sprinkled throughout. It's no worse than any other urban pop album ATRL stans for :michael: 

31 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

2msy06E.png

GK7iOQP.gif

10 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

[2]

EIL is cute tho :eli: 

this thread is for the mailers, the sad bitches and the true snail mail fans. PERVERTS

ot: Lush :clap3: i agree it's sorta overrated

i think everything is love is pretty good but expectations totally killed it and let's face it, they were never gonna live up to them, after the joint record was hyped up for years + everyone was waiting for the conclusion of lem/4:44. on its own it stands decently, def agree the summer/lovehappy vibe would work wonderfully for the whole thing but ig i can't be too mad with what we got

Everything Is Love is excellent and i love all the 70s, 80s and 90s influences. And it is consistent. 

What the hell with Snail Mail hatred in here :doc: 

Sweetener has grown on me since the release, but God, the title track is just so bad that it weighs the whole project down for me. The sounds are also not very cohesive either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.