Bad Things' Best of 2018

Golden Hour

B  A  D     T  H  I  N  G  S

???? ?? ????

Hello and welcome to my best of 2018 list!

This year, I'm going to be reviewing and revealing my top 20 albums/EPs, songs, and artists of 2018. I want to thank anyone and everyone who stops by and checks out my thread, and I would love to do the same for you! Feel free to tag me in your countdown lists if you'd like. I can do the same if that's something you all think would be cool. Anyway, let's get started.

I'm going to get right in and reveal #20 in all categories!

A L B U M    # 2 0

?????????

A R I A N A   G R A N D E

100000x100000-999.jpg

Honestly, I did not expect to see 'Sweetener' making my year-end list when the album first dropped in August. My initial reaction was mixed to say the least, but the highs on this album ("no tears left to cry," "God is a woman," "everytime") are so high they almost eliminate the lows ("blazed," "the light is coming," "successful") creating a pretty nice balance. I'd be lying if I said this album didn't take a while to grow on me, but once it did, I felt like I could appreciate it and see it for what it was instead of what I wanted it to be– if that makes any sense. Coming in at #20, 'Sweetener' gets a 7/10 from me!

S O N G    # 2 0

?? ???'?? ???? ??

Y E A R S   &   Y E A R S

100000x100000-999.jpg

Landing at #20 on my list of songs is "If You're Over Me" by Years & Years! This song is so light and airy, yet it still packs a huge punch on the pre-chorus and the chorus as well. It's really cool to have great pop music from a man, as I'm typically someone who listens to a large majority of female artists, and this was my first introduction to Years & Years. This song was released as the lead for 'Palo Santo,' Y&Y's 2nd album, which I found myself really loving and playing a lot this year... Is that foreshadowing? ?

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

A L B U M    # 2 0

?????????

A R I A N A   G R A N D E

100000x100000-999.jpg

Honestly, I did not expect to see 'Sweetener' making my year-end list when the album first dropped in August. My initial reaction was mixed to say the least, but the highs on this album ("no tears left to cry," "God is a woman," "everytime") are so high they almost eliminate the lows ("blazed," "the light is coming," "successful") creating a pretty nice balance. I'd be lying if I said this album didn't take a while to grow on me, but once it did, I felt like I could appreciate it and see it for what it was instead of what I wanted it to be– if that makes any sense. Coming in at #20, 'Sweetener' gets a 7/10 from me!

Ariana with the suprise slay.  I was shook at how good the album was too tbh

6SKjLXR.gif

Sweetener is such a cute album, we stan

If You're Over Me is actual trash tho

6SKjLXR.gif

Sweetener seems kinda overrated for me, I mean singles are great, some songs on album are amazing, but overall it's not her best work tbh :dancehall:

AFY >>>> Palo Santo tbh :eli:

Sweetener barely making it :clap3: Tbh it's a good album BUT my standards for it were WAY higher than what it came out to be. 

Sweatener is messy but yeah, we pretty much have the same opinions in terms of what the highlights and weak tracks are. Though I wouldn't say the best songs almost eliminate the flops. :keir: It would've been better as an 8-track EP or something dd.

Ready to see what else is on these lists :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.