The Holy Ground: 2018 in Review - top 100 tracks

Lazuli

B7RK9B2.jpg

Thanks for waiting everyone, it's finally coming!

Sucks that on the 6th year I'm doing this, I have to start it so late cuz life is getting in the way. (and cuz I did a bit of travelling. All of the pics here are taken by me btw!) The FOMO is real, seeing how everyone else is far ahead of me and all. But it's okay, I just wanna do this cuz I enjoy doing it, even if no one wants to comment on it. :'( 

So is it just me or was 2018 kinda underwhelming in terms of music? While of course some people delivered, it just didn't feel as impactful as last year. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Either way, we're here to celebrate the best music this year had to offer, and I hope you guys will enjoy my lists! 

As usual I'll cover three main lists: top 180 singles, top 50 albums and top 100 artists.

And to recap the previous winners:

2017: Lorde - Green Light, Lorde - Melodrama, Taylor Swift

2016: The 1975 - Somebody Else, Bon Iver - 22, A Million, Sigur Ros

2015: Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do, Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect, Taylor Swift

2014: Hozier - Take Me to Church, Taylor Swift - 1989, Taylor Swift

2013: Paramore - Still Into You, Paramore - Paramore, Taylor Swift

2017 list

2016 list

2015 list

2014 list

2013 list

Tbh, while I do have a rough top 3/4 for my albums and singles list, I am still not 100% sure of their order! So who's gonna be #1 is actually still sorta up in the air. Exciting stuff! 

Anyways, the countdown will still start on the 22nd proper, but I may or may not share some other smaller lists (top album tracks, recurrent tracks) in the meantime. So do stick around and see y'all soon!

8Br0R73.jpg

94iR6WN.jpg

JchgPP2.jpg

tGEifQc.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lazuli

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Brandon

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

Starts on the 22nd!

I’m on holiday and won’t be back till then so please come back and give me some love please I can’t let this be my first flop best of :’( 

You better attach your last year's Best List instead of leaving this thread empty :cm:

Cancel your vacation and start your lists #priorities 

your favorite baby is here for you mom :hug:

24 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Cancel your vacation and start your lists #priorities 

TEA

So ready for what you have in store for us. 

ready for it! don't really know what to expect since you abandoned your YTT countdown :oh:

We will be perched and eagerly awaiting the slayage.

Your's is always one of the ones I'm excited for!!!!

Bihhh u better come thru. I am preparing my very first Best Of as well. Might do it this weekend. :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.