Superpower’s Best Of 2018

Blue Rose

Bloom, Dirty Computer & Honey are my favorites. I haven't heard some of the others tho.

Honey is Robyn's best album, tbh. I mean it is "serious lolz" but she doesn't take herself too seriously & it's still a fun listen; just in a different way at least for me.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Rose

• Tom Vercetti

• Cloröx

• Vilppu

Great album list, lots for me to listen to. First on the list is Moby lmao

Ok I need to check out your top 3

My fave from the top 10 is probably Trench, even tho it was a downgrade from BF for me. Nice to see some love for the 1975 in the previous update :clap3:

okey, SHISTAR. but Janelle highkey did her thang on that damn album, never been a fan of her but she tugged at my ass on this one. she did that.

ROBYN IS A QUEEN, AND WE STAN SWEDISH EXCELLENCE, ZARA LARSSON IS SHOOK.

Chris :jonny: We love french excellence :heart2:

The FATM record didn't have any effect on me but anyway... Saving some albums from ur 10!!

28 minutes ago, Dom said:

okey, SHISTAR. but Janelle highkey did her thang on that damn album, never been a fan of her but she tugged at my ass on this one. she did that.

ROBYN IS A QUEEN, AND WE STAN SWEDISH EXCELLENCE, ZARA LARSSON IS SHOOK.

Tove Lo been buried :ahh: 

22 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Chris :jonny: We love french excellence :heart2:

The FATM record didn't have any effect on me but anyway... Saving some albums from ur 10!!

Even the songs in French sound good (I guess those were the original) 

Her french accent adds to the songs and really set her apart. 

• ATRL Moderator

Dirty Computer it's a cute album :clap3: 

I need to listen Robyn's album!!

Honey, Dirty Computer, High as Hope, Chris :heart2:

robyn and troye huge acclaim shocked me a bit, they didn't move me that much but good for them! also nice to see someone who didn't grow tired of janelle's album

been meaning to check rhye since her debut album but never did and i just realised it will soon be SIX years wow :rip: her visuals are stunning i can say that

• ATRL Moderator

I'll listen to the #2 album if it really is a bunch of 80s tributes. 

Honey missing top 3 :'( it's great, but not BT on the other side tho :michael:

HAH is too high :eli: 

Dirty Computer :clap3: 

Chris :jonny: bitch slayed me before, but this is immaculate record :alexz: 

Dirty Computer & Chris :clap3: 

I need to relisten to RHYE; I think I listened to it once in the beginning of the year and probably just forgot about it nn

also Lo Moon is making me interested ? that's one gonna be on my must-listen list too 

anyways nice albums list :heart2: 

idk the top 3 (my ex actually stanned that vance joy so i definitely won't be listening) but florence and honey :clap3: you already know what i think about dc :pukey: 

Trench is nice, and stan for The Hype :heart2: Dirty Computer mmm :worship:
I enjoy 5 tracks from Honey, but unfortunately the other 4 just mess it up for me.
Bloom :alexz: He really snapped! I was actually the opposite way, Bloom scalped me ASAP

(same for the WILD EP) while Blue Neighbourhood's back end needed some more plays.

I gave both Vance & Robyn a try, and I didn't like it that much. Maybe I'll try them again sometimes. 

Dirty Computer was excellent when it first came out, but now it takes me certain moods to get in the whole project because of it's too political-related to just simply enjoy. :dies: 

I'll also give Blood a try later. Thank you for the recommendation. :fan: 

Bloom & Dirty Computer :clap3:Taste!

Surprised by your number one. I completely forgot about Rhye this year... that's what happens when you release in January. I did feel like I used a couple of songs but clearly the album did't stick

6-4 :clap3:

Finally someone who wasn't disappointed by Dirty Computer :clap3: 

I thought Chris was cool but it felt longer than it actually was (referring only to the English side)

Robyn being top 5 is also a great choice! Rhye being #1 is certainly interesting though. While I did enjoy the album, I felt as the year went along, a lot of better albums were released. Count To Five is a jam though :jamming: 

Oh wow! Surprised to see Rhye at #1 but I'm really glad you enjoyed his album, he was great live and Blood deserves more appreciation for sure. Idk why people don't like it tbh. Also happy to see Janelle in the top 10 :clap3:

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Unfortunately no update today. I will start on my Top100 Songs in 24 hours or so. There are 76 different acts featured on it, so should be diverse and fun. I’m super excited about it tbh. All these songs are perfect 10s imo. 

Going to catch up on everyone’s thread in couple of hours :heart2: 

Oh wow Chris, Bloom, Dirty Computer, High as Hope, this top 10 is full of great albums :jonny: Trench is also good although there weren't as many standout tracks as I hoped.

Vance Joy in your top 3 :eek: I wasn't as interested in him this year as I was during his amazing debut era, but Saturday Sun is a steady grower!

Honey and Dirty Computer are great! Haven't listened to the others but I think I'll check them out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.