Superpower’s Best Of 2018

Blue Rose

Queen has some cute tracks, but overall it's a mess, just like a year in her career 

Rae's album is pretty good :smitten: 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Rose

• Tom Vercetti

• Cloröx

• Vilppu

I'll check out Freedom. Nicki... I can't. 

Mitski & Pusha T flopping, this should be a good one.

GF4riv4.png

MmrYnuD.jpg

He showed range, gave us great pop culture references and sweet melodies. His potential since Iverson was obvious and his hits are inescapable.

JxVu9tL.jpg

The long overdue debut album actually exceeded my expectations. The drums, the stomping and the dubstep paired with her flawless and powerful voice is a marvel.

OZmDPqX.jpg

A poppier sound for Lykke whom I discovered thanks to her U2 duet. She wears her heart on her sleeves and that’s what makes her such an amazing songwriter.

7v55RkT.jpg

This was another pleasant surprise. The album feels like an evolution for them while giving a nod to their previous LPs. They successfully mixed Electronic and other elements with their sounds. And if you’re still unsure about going back to M&S, at least check out “Woman”

7QKyEaG.jpg

The album is sometimes very innovative. The layering is superb and the songs are emotional which I love.

z2HW5ux.jpg

The internet dismissed this album before its release for extremely grey reasons. That was unfortunate because MOTW has some of his best songs and some of the best Pop production of the year. It does have few shortcomings but let’s focus on the positive. It’s a grower overall and Higher Higher is a Pop masterpiece.

s8yvDLX.jpg

Baby Teeth's gentle delivery and textured production create a world in which listeners have an opportunity for reflection, situating their own experiences within the band's storytelling. And it doesn’t hurt that she sounds great. A very strong debut album, which is somewhat of a theme in my countdown.

38iZs5Z.jpg

The opening song gave me chills and the feeling didn’t leave me until the last one. This Alabama duo panders so much to me and to what I like, it’s almost scary: a perfect and gripping mix of Electro/Alternative/Ambient production with emotional vocals.

0bjRUOW.jpg

This is an immersive journey to another dimension. Being mostly instrumentals, Daniel made sure each track was rich, sophisticated and atmospheric enough to stand on its own. Words are only used to add a new layer.

vtZrFTw.jpg

It’s impossible to live up to the expectations when your album is being compared to Prince, Tame Impala and Stevie Wonder. The album is indeed a psychedelic beauty. It’s funky and catchy and pulls from many eras and genres.

Nice to see some love for JT too! The album could've been better, sure, but the highlights are great

Man of the Woods:bibliahh:

I have to laugh 

There will be an update tomorrow: #20 to #11.

Loose genre breakdown: 

Electronic: 2

Alternative: 2

Pop: 3

HipHop: 2 

R&B: 1 

Really need to finalize my Songs list now.

On 12/10/2018 at 11:17 AM, Superpower said:

31. Freedom by Amen Dunes

:eek: Funny coincidence 

POST MALONE :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

only heard lykke album from the rest and well, i think blonde was a risky choice for her, i thought it didn't fit her at all initially but it grew on me overtime, she's quite pretty when you think of it, isn't she?

Hang On Me is b3 on MASS for me :keir: I'm All Ears, Isolation and Invasion Of Privacy not making the list i-

Phoenix was a travesty :shakeno: MDM, had some nice sings :-* Be The Cowboy deserved to be higher :!ohno: Queen :oh:

7 is amazing :heart2: Someone Out There was cute enough too :thing: I only liked 4 songs on so sad so sexy :fan:

Motw is def a grower I agrih :clap3:

20 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Post being higher than Daytona.... A choice was made. 

Post has more memorable songs. At least 8 and that’s more than Daytona entire album :cm: 

3 hours ago, Vilppu said:

only heard lykke album from the rest and well, i think blonde was a risky choice for her, i thought it didn't fit her at all initially but it grew on me overtime, she's quite pretty when you think of it, isn't she?

is this your version of “beautiful gowns, great gowns” :lmao: 

SSSS is pretty great :smitten:  she keeps releasing masterpieces

MOTW should've been lower :fan: 

SSSS is a bit of a letdown but I don’t think it’s as bad as some ATRLers make it out to be

oh and Sex & Food is GREAT whew

Now while I'll agree that there was already some vitriol against JT's album/era beforehand, it didn't reach up to par with 20/20 part 1's quality even. The 2nd half > 1st half.

Sex & Food had some nice songs. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.