Superpower’s Best Of 2018

Blue Rose

33 minutes ago, lhdang2000 said:

MoTW? :dies:

Church of Scars' production is :flame: 

Montana & Higher Higher really helped JT chart high. He just released bad singles.

yaaaasss at another Bishop Briggs fan :clap3: 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Rose

• Tom Vercetti

• Cloröx

• Vilppu

Post Malone was pretty big this year, and he released some good music :flame:

Man of the Woods is definitely overhated but it also could've been better. There's 2 or 3 standouts, a few ugly or boring moments, then the rest is simply fine. I'm just glad he didn't put SoulMate on the tracklist!

so sad so sexy was cute! I am a so sad so sexy apologist and I am not ashamed! :heart2:

I found Rae Morris’s album cute but very “samey.” Idk. 

Beach House is... so low. 

There are a song or two from The Internet that I really like, but I’m not invested enough to check out the full album. Maybe someday. :emofish: 

GF4riv4.png

WkpQpEi.jpg

When you pair such highly experimental music (random notes sprinkled here and there, distortion, animals and nature sounds etc...) with a fragile, soothing and contemplative voice, the listener is taken on a beautiful and dreamy aural journey. And the lyrics are unsettlingly honest.

sadvaV3.jpg

This has the worst intro of all time. Perhaps a ruse to make everything else sounds good? The album pulls from many influences and when they make it work, it’s outstanding.

T4AfXN9.jpg

William never disappoints. He just has the power to make me calm and he is never afraid to mix his Folk identity with Electronica and piercing drum beats.

a3GN0BE.jpg

Kacey flips the tables and stops holding back with her most direct lyrics yet. Her Country emotions are dressed up with Pop, Folk and Disco makeup. The album is full of her personality which is very attractive.

tBlTBoe.jpg

Amazing indie pop rock, with some electro elements. Catchy verses with even catchier hooks. Witty, sassy, fun and great use of the spoken words styling. I can’t imagine creating a party mix without some of their songs.

rEL7Y6t.jpg

This triumph is the most fearless record of the year. They deservedly got a little bit of mainstream exposure thanks to an Apple Watch commercial. I love that the instrumentals are complex and layered but never loud or in your face while still managing to pack a big punch.

uKByMHh.jpg

A shame that they neglected this. Friends and Heard About Us are career highlights, while Beyoncé’s verse from Black Effect is one of the best by a female MC this year.

AgSnxk6.jpg

Her voice is so silky and her R&B sound is interesting but in a good way. A near flawless debut album and I’m super excited to hear what she does next.

Fks11AJ.jpg

An army of talented female singers and ambient orchestral sounds are the perfect backdrop for Moby's melancholy. The result is cathartic, hypnotic, gloomy and gorgeous. His best album in forever.

z8P5www.jpg

Always loved Mac Miller and was already in love with this chill, personal and honest album. So after his unfortunate passing, it was on heavy rotation.

GH is great

I LOVED Cocoa Sugar when it came out but it didn’t hold up nice to me

EIL has some nice highlights and is a good album but obvs a disappointment after Lemonade (and 4:44 I guess)

Oh and stan Tirzah :clap3: 

The Carters neglected EIL? Even the BeyHive do the same thing, only cares about success, when it flops you guys deny its existence :bibliahh:

Mac Miller and The 1975 :beatfreak:

3 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

The Carters neglected EIL? Even the BeyHive do the same thing, only cares about success, when it flops you guys deny its existence :bibliahh:

Mac Miller and The 1975 :beatfreak:

They only released one video for EIL while each song from their previous albums had a video. That’s the neglect but they still perform it.

And as far as I can tell, the Beyhive loves this album. And 4 is most people favorite Bey album so your success theory isn’t valid.

The Carters have the most songs in my Songs list by the way.

19 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

GH is great

I LOVED Cocoa Sugar when it came out but it didn’t hold up nice to me

EIL has some nice highlights and is a good album but obvs a disappointment after Lemonade (and 4:44 I guess)

CS has few songs in my gym playlist. That gave it the longevity :clap3: 

Lemonade >>>>> EIL >> 4:44 (all excellent)

18 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Oh and stan Tirzah :clap3: 

Yas! I hope she makes your lists. I believe she has 2 songs in my Top100

• ATRL Moderator

Confidence Man remind me of a combination of Junior Senior, Deee-Lite, and Alphabeat.  Luv it.

EIL and Tirzah weren't bad but they will NOT be on my list! 

Beyoncé's rap on EIL is no, thank you.

3 hours ago, Superpower said:

His best album in forever.

Hm, I read the opposite. But I haven't heard it. :michael: 

Didn't really like The carters... haven't heard the rest of this set

Tomorrow, I will reveal my AOTY. The top 10 is serving me battle of the sexes (6 men vs 4 women) Here’s a loose genre breakdown:

Pop: 3

Alternative: 4

Electronic: 2

R&B: 1 

Golden Hour :clap3:

My favorite here is Cocoa Sugar~

I think Mac had more potential. My favorite from him is still go:od am

I didn't even know Moby released an album :rip: 

Kacey getting her deserved acclaim :clap3:

I’m interested in The Carters and The 1975 album but I haven’t gotten to them yet.

• ATRL Moderator

I've seen Kacey's album on so many lists :eek:

I need to listen it again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.