• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• Vilppu

• theblackestday

• Unoriginal

Spoiler
On 12/23/2018 at 9:51 PM, Vilppu said:

nie słyszałem MITH (i patrząc na czasy trwania piosenek, raczej nie usłyszę), a z resztą się zgadzam, że solidne HM, ale nie główna lista. harunemuri chyba najbardziej mi się podobała, ale nie słuchałem dostatecznie dużo, żeby sobie mocną opinię wyrobić

Z MITH możesz posłuchać I Woke Up in a F*cked-Up America i Sometimes I Wanna Dance i odpuścić resztę (chociaż jak te dwie piosenki się spodobają, to całym sercem polecam) :mandown:

Z harunemuri miałem podobnie, dopiero w tym miesiącu to odkryłem

On 12/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, theblackestday said:

You been knew I love all of these albums (except Joey's and Lonnie's which I've not heard :))

Some of these missing the list though... image.png When I clicked the spoilers in hope you had something to say in your defense only to see you simply put a Spotify link to the albums image.png

On 12/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, Vxspertine said:

MTE :bibliahh:

On 12/23/2018 at 10:04 PM, Unoriginal said:

Time 'n' Place didn't make your main list? image.png

LDA, Kazuashita and Caution are cute but didn't deserve more than HM.

I preferred Eden to Ephorize

On 12/23/2018 at 10:39 PM, Sbbmsve said:

Put Slide and Time & Place on your list.. .NOW   image.png

On 12/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, Tsareena said:

ephorize, caution.. only being hm's smh

image.png

On 12/24/2018 at 1:22 AM, TRF. said:

Time n Place, Little Dark Age and Caution not being on the alberms list is... Inch Resting.

image.png

I still need to hear the Lonnie alberm lol, I heard greaaat things about it.

23 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Some good choices for HM. Slide though image.png

21 hours ago, artangel said:

caution and time n place HONORABLE MENTIONS?? I-

14 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Poor Mariah :'( 

MGMT really lowkey delivered huh 

6 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Caution only on HM :'( 

right Cupcakke album on the list :eli:

the ruthless lashings omg

Swpr.gif

On 12/23/2018 at 10:05 PM, ultraviolence.xx said:

omg i love ice age! what a movie. they shouldn't of made so many sequels tho :katie:  

you know what :ahh:

On 12/23/2018 at 11:18 PM, Dom said:

omgg charli xbox won, and i have that song in my top 50 too, i snapped, but you snapped harder, slay mamacita.

mistky made it too, i stan.

your best of ended so fast, wtf. 

We snapped!

Maybe it's because I was doing my soty and aoty lists at the same time last year and now I'm doing one right after the other

21 hours ago, artangel said:

Pearly Gates

Noid

:jonny5:

GNO tho... do yall hear sumn? suddenly I wish the Fregie track wasn't a joke

I ain't hear nuthn except for GNO's EXCELLENCE

16 hours ago, MP2K said:

Cuppcake and Caution good HM

Both were pleasant surprises for me!

5 hours ago, Tsareena said:

I missed GNO being your SOTY... your mind

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

Perched for your full albums list :duca: 

Well... :mandown:

emT4sYN.png

i85uw5k.png

Spoiler

Let's not act as if there was no abhorrent material on 'so sad so sexy.' And the gag is I'm not having in mind the trap-influenced tracks, but the ones that are sonically imitating her older stuff. There's this "I'm 14 and this is deep" of a song, "bad woman," absolutely lifeless (maybe that was the point and I'm missing something?) "better alone" or the awkward tribute to her mother, "utopia." Erm, where I was going with this? Oh yes. She makes up for that, however, with her fresh takes on the newest trends. Whether on "deep end" or "sex money feelings die," the boppiest, but also the shortest tracks that you won't be able to catche breathe on, or the post-trap pieces, like the autotune-heavy "hard rain" and airy "jaguars in the air," she simply succeeds.

5VrMP73.png

Spoiler

'I'm All Ears' works the best when Let's Eat Grandma are in no rush. All songs could have easily been shortened to 3 minutes, but instead the duo lets each individual track have its own moment. The gradual progression results with rich, climactic, shiny, synthpop mini-masterpieces.

gd0pLj9.png

Spoiler

serpentwithfeet offers an interesting take on r&b. As you'd expect from a former choir boy, he does have an amazing, angelic voice and he's proud to show it off. He does it in a non-traditional way -- most of the tracks on his debut album 'soil' are half sang and half spoken. He could have chosen a simpler, stripped down production to accompany his impressive vocals, but I'm glad he wasn't afraid to take a risk. The layered production is not overwhelming in any way. If anything, it goes well with his metaphorical and very poetic lyrics.

4BeYaIB.png

Spoiler

You get the idea of what's going on here just by looking at the title and the track titles. On her debut album 'Devotion,' EXPERIMENTAL artist Tirzah focuses on a burnout relationship, heartbreak and its aftermath. Though the record is based on loops (This decade's 'The Disintegration Loops'? Discuss.), at the same time it's a surprising fusion of hypnagogic pop ("Gladly"), dance-pop ("Holding On"), neo-soul (Do You Know") and, erm, atmospheric black metal meets Sam Smith meets Portishead sorta thing ("Devotion" featuring Coby Sey).

lIKC3UV.png

Spoiler

You can call me biased at this point, but even Dev Hynes at his worst is good enough for me :michael:

so sad so sexy was a choice on lykke malone's part for sure but it definitely had some... interesting moments (still don't know what i think about jaguars in the air rip)

i'm all ears :trisha: you made points about how the long songs were a good idea for the.. ideas

soil is life-affirming stuff

blood orange, y'all hear sumn?

t*rzah, sbbmsve5 indeed

These graphics are SLAYING me! :jonny5: 

Lykke Li has always been such an icon and she served this year. Loved her Spotify Session covers too.

I'm All Ears :clap3: As for the rest... they all had some nice gowns... except for Tirzah ofcourse

ssss :worship: ok but don't come for better alone and utopia :biblio: 

Devotion :clap3: I'm All Ears :katie2: 

Negro Swan :alexz: People who hate it can suck it 

Better Alone slander? NOT on my watch

I'm All Ears :heart2:
Soil and Negro Swan great gowns beautiful gowns

Tizrash...

tumblr_inline_oxx4ywQ1WG1r9aung_540.gif

not you dragging SSSS :biblio: at least it makes top 30 :eli: 

LEG has some great moments, but I don't really like it overall

I'm All Ears is my fave here :clap3: 

I was pretty disappointed by the rest tbh :skull: I had high hopes for Lykke, serpent, and Dev, and Tirzah was just boring :mandown: 

Blood Orange 'Negro Swan'

jqniYkU.gif

Lykke Li 'so sad so sexy'

jqniYkU.gif

jqniYkU.gif

Tirzah 'Devotion'

atmospheric black metal meets Sam Smith meets Portishead

jqniYkU.gif

jqniYkU.gif

jqniYkU.gif

pozostałe 2 albumy świetne i ratują tę piątkę ^-^

ssss had some duds but whatever we stan. Tirzah :oh: I can almost feel the anger of some snubby gays :oh: Let's Eat Grandma ate my wig instead their grandma and I'm at peace with that. 

serpentwith- 

ssss sucked but anyway.... I'm All Ears :clap3: 

Devotion put me to sleep but had some cute moments, like the title track

Spoiler
On 12/25/2018 at 7:03 AM, volition said:

so sad so sexy was a choice on lykke malone's part for sure but it definitely had some... interesting moments (still don't know what i think about jaguars in the air rip)

i'm all ears :trisha: you made points about how the long songs were a good idea for the.. ideas

soil is life-affirming stuff

blood orange, y'all hear sumn?

t*rzah, sbbmsve5 indeed

jaguars in the air is obviously a masterpiece

tenor.gif

On 12/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, Reinvention said:

These graphics are SLAYING me! :jonny5: 

Lykke Li has always been such an icon and she served this year. Loved her Spotify Session covers too.

This tea! After what she's done to me I have no right to talk sh*t about her.

On 12/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, Vxspertine said:

I'm All Ears :clap3: As for the rest... they all had some nice gowns... except for Tirzah ofcourse

:skull:

On 12/25/2018 at 1:04 PM, Lazuli said:

ssss :worship: ok but don't come for better alone and utopia :biblio: 

Devotion :clap3: I'm All Ears :katie2: 

Negro Swan :alexz: People who hate it can suck it 

I can tell why people may not like Negro Swan, because I wasn't a fan at first either, but come on, it's objectively far from being a bad album

On 12/25/2018 at 1:15 PM, theblackestday said:

Better Alone slander? NOT on my watch

I'm All Ears :heart2:
Soil and Negro Swan great gowns beautiful gowns

Tizrash...

better alone might have somewhat grew on me I think? I'm gonna go ahead and say it's 4/10 now :)

On 12/25/2018 at 5:46 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

not you dragging SSSS :biblio: at least it makes top 30 :eli: 

LEG has some great moments, but I don't really like it overall

Did I lie tho? :fan:

I didn't like I'm All Ears as much as I would have liked tbh, hence why it's not higher.

On 12/25/2018 at 8:01 PM, Pink Matter said:

I'm All Ears is my fave here :clap3: 

I was pretty disappointed by the rest tbh :skull: I had high hopes for Lykke, serpent, and Dev, and Tirzah was just boring :mandown: 

I feel you, I had higher hopes for all of them as well (as in I thought they would deliver top 10 oty material), but I'm satisfied with everything either way

On 12/25/2018 at 8:01 PM, Vilppu said:

pozostałe 2 albumy świetne i ratują tę piątkę ^-^

you know what

jqniYkU.gif

On 12/25/2018 at 8:13 PM, Sbbmsve said:

ssss had some duds but whatever we stan. Tirzah :oh: I can almost feel the anger of some snubby gays :oh: Let's Eat Grandma ate my wig instead their grandma and I'm at peace with that. 

serpentwith- 

Once again, the girls are keeping it relatively civilised :oh:

On 12/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, collin said:

Negro Swan, I'm All Ears :heart2: I'm starting to believe I made a big mistake ignoring Tirzah this year.

For someone like Tirzah, she's surprisingly controvertial :skull: I'd say give her a go tho

10 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

ssss sucked but anyway.... I'm All Ears :clap3: 

Devotion put me to sleep but had some cute moments, like the title track

Parts of sss did suck, yes (and btw, you're lucky you haven't heard that track from the album session she scrapped), but overall I liked the majority of it so :michael:

emT4sYN.png

Qcd2hNW.png

Spoiler

When you think of it, there's no surprise that JPEGMAFIA broke through with this album. 'Veteran' successfully crosses over the rawness of the underground with showcasing Peggy's undeniable star power. PerchedT for more.

5rRC74o.png

Spoiler

'O' is kitsch done right. The star-studded (to a certain degree) album may be far from being tasteful -- lyrically (Underground we hear the sound: "Dogs + rock n roll" / Underground we hear the sound: "SSION f*cks disco balls"), thematically (all those clichés about love and parties, blah blah blah), performance- (Sky Ferreira serving giphy.webp on her cover of the iconic smash "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star") or production-wise ("1980-99" or "Comeback") -- but is still an incredibly joyous and enjoyable experience.

bHyB15U.png

Spoiler

I know Pusha spends the majority of time on 'DAYTONA' on reflecting on his drug-dealing past, but I don't particularly care about any of that. This is probably a wrong to say about such lyrical album (to be fair, the other tracks, especially "Infrared," are so tightly written), but like, sis, it's been a long time, let it go. And as shallow as it sounds, I f*ck with the vibe on this so hard, I love how expensive it sounds.

y3zOgTd.png

Spoiler

'El mal querer' is an introduction to many, me included, to flamenco pop and I couldn't be any happier. ROSALÍA reconstructs traditional flamenco music and makes it way more than just interesting. It's fresh, it's modern, it's catchy, it's exhilarating, maybe a little confusing, but in a good way, and it even has an element of surprise (those JT and Arthur Russell samples). A staple in the genre?

U3fuuyE.png

Spoiler

With each next release Deafheaven go further and further from traditional athmospheric black metal. 'Ordinary Corrupt Human Love' explores the depths of post-rock and even dream pop while still having that trademark Deafheaven sound.

• ATRL Moderator

You’re making me want to reconsider O, though I’m sure nothing is as good as the shy girl song.  Enjoyed grandma Pusha Rosalia dev a lot.  Tbh this album is better than his first.   

Veteran is a trip. 

Infrared is lowkey 'iconic' for the controversy it created. 

The samples on Rosalia did catch me by surprise during the first listen too.

Great Suits at Deafheaven. 

• ATRL Moderator

so sad so sexy :clap3: 
I'm all ears
bitch soil :clap3: 
:dies: Tirzallah!!
gurl negro swan

whew a set

Ssion did that as well, nopoints on Daytona,  el mal querer :clap3:  

REINA Rosalía :clap3: love seeing JPEG, Deafheaven and King Push too :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.