Top Posters In This Topic

• theblackestday

• World Eater

• Tom Vercetti

• Tsareena

I'll be checking. I'm sure we'll see some interesting placements :mandown:

20-16 EPs next post :mandown: 

16 hours ago, Wicked said:

Negro Swan cover is so lovely yet the album is so boring.

Oop

16 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I only found out a few days ago that Kaytranada had an ep but it wasn't really remarkable. 

With the kkb album, there's not much need to listen to totep.

Honestly tea, hence its HM placement

15 hours ago, Vilppu said:

i'm probably the only person in the world who liked KKB ep more than the full album, ravyn was pretty good too

oh wow, tried giving it another shot? I thought their EP was cute but didn't do all that much to me

15 hours ago, Love Drought said:

Several points were made with Ravyn Lenae, Kaytranada, Peggy Gou and Kero Kero Bonitto :clap3:

Talent only.

14 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

I already see things I haven't heard  :cupid: Lemme relisten to that deep house EP  :cupid: 

The Kero Kero EP was v cute, I actually really liked Only Acting

Hey girl.m4a, where have you been and what you been up to? You better be doing a Best Of this year :fish2:

Well, did you listen? and thoughts?
Only Acting ended up being a grower for me after the album came out, I was always impressed by it but now I love it.

12 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

I need to get more into EPs, I swear the only ones I listened to this year were boygenius and Hatchie’s :skull: will give some of these a listen

Nnn, I actually haven't heard boygenius' EP. you might like some of the stuff on my list so worth a try

9 hours ago, World Eater said:

I've been meaning to revisit those Peggy Gou and KKB EPs but they were really nice from what I rihmember. KAYTRANADA and Amber are still on my queue, I need to get around and find some time to check them out. Zola and Ravyn snapped tho :alexz: But yeah, so many great EPs came out this year, I've been thinking of expanding my own list, which is already bigger than last year's.

do it hoe!

9 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I like Amber, EP cover is very beautiful, but I like her debut one better tbh, I still hope for album in future

I think with this EP she found herself more but I pretty much enjoyed them equally. and same.

9 hours ago, artangel said:

Zola and KKB :jonny5:

Legends :jonny: 

9 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

Ravyn and Amber deserved spots on the proper list :fish2: I agree with you about the Kaytra instrumentals being better than the vocal counterparts but overall the EP didn't snatch me

Maybe so, and neither hence its placement :mandown:

9 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

I literally wrote the same thing for my EP list. :rip: Poor albums.

Idc about Zola and I didn't know Kaytranada released until yesterday, but the others are good!

Our minds... Lack of attention span did what it had to do

6 hours ago, Glassmouth said:

minus that KKB release, I enjoyed the heck out of all these EPs, loves it 

taste :heart2: 

6 hours ago, Tsareena said:

Conexao and Ravyn not making your lists smh.

Kaytranada and  totep in hms is what they deserve (probably lower for me but :mandown:)

don't know the other two

it's what they all deserved :somepoints:

6 hours ago, mokitsu said:

i actually loves the first four and some definitely have a spot on my list, i agree that kayrranada's instrumentals are better (especially that horrid ty$ song that becomes great when it's just kay). didn't like the kkb ep but i'm not a fan of them in general

intrigued to see what made your list. poor kkb tho

5 hours ago, Dom said:

i only know amber, but she is great, dunno others.

you might like ravyn tbh

4 hours ago, prézli said:

I dunno thse, but all the covers look nice.

mokitsu

Visual taste, we love that

2 hours ago, Maddox said:

KKB, Ravyn, Amber, Peggy Gou, Zola :clap3:

Talent jumped

2 hours ago, Weed said:

Didn't even know Kaytranada released! Lemme stream

oh wow, my impact. fake stan

1 hour ago, jpow said:

Amber Mark :clap3: She’s gonna blow up in a year or two I feel it

same, I've planted the seed and I will see the harvest. 

1 hour ago, Avariko said:

Flawless album covers, can't say much about the EP's since I barely listened to any this year.

Poor them, but yes I just now realize how great these album covers are 

2 minutes ago, enxe said:

I'll be checking. I'm sure we'll see some interesting placements :mandown:

wig, thanks

TOTEP really is pointless now that Time n Place is out nkafdlskh, I only really liked Only Acting anyway

Okovi Additions is a really nice expantion of the original album, I was really surprised by the remixes.

I should check out those Amber and Revyn EP's I guess

R4JDO1e.png

Image result for sudan archives - sink

20. Sudan Archives - Sink

Folktronica, Alt-R&B, Art Pop

Really nice and quite forward thinking EP. I love her utilization of the violin with the electronic production, accompanied by sweet melodies and smooth vocals.

Image result for mewithoutYou - [untitled]

19. mewithoutYou - [untitled]

Art Rock, Indie Rock

This EP essentially served as a precursor to their album which was released later this year (will it make my albums list or not? stay tuned). It is quite different to their usual sound, going for a more intimate and melancholic feel, and it really works.

Image result for Channel Tres - Channel Tres rym

18. Channel Tres - Channel Tres

Hip House

Big bops as the kids say

Image result for kamasi washington - the choice

17. Kamasi Washington - The Choice

Spiritual Jazz

A companion to already the long ass journey his album is, this is not any less astonishing than the songs on Heaven and Earth.

Image result for oneohtrix point never love in the time of lexapro

16. Oneohtrix Point Never - Love in the Time of Lexapro 

Progressive Electronic

I honestly prefer this to Age Of. It works really well as a body of work while still having perfect EP length, and the Alex G collaboration is quite the most random thing to happen this year in music but it ended up being quite perfect?

I forgot about Ms. Archives, but I liked it.

I cba to listen to Kamasi his three hour albums. Is his music actually good or is it just critics trying to look inclusive for praising a jazz artist?

Didn't know Spiritual Jazz was a thing :thing:

Haven't listened to any of these :'(

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

20. Sudan Archives - Sink

Folktronica, Alt-R&B, Art Pop

glad we agree ?

I liked Sudan's EP from last year more than the new one.

You know how I feel already about Channel Tres.

Sandy G's babylon > the original

That Sudan Archives payola I've been seeing everywhere lately may have just worked, I'll check it out tomorrow. LITTOL may be OPN's best release this year but it's still underwhelming in some way :kylie: Oh, and Channel Tres snapped

1 hour ago, theblackestday said:

Hey girl.m4a, where have you been and what you been up to? You better be doing a Best Of this year :fish2:

Well, did you listen? and thoughts?
Only Acting ended up being a grower for me after the album came out, I was always impressed by it but now I love it.

My PC broke down like 2 months ago and I was struggling with my landlord and school, it's been a nightmare in the last few months :deadbanana4: Is the discord still a thing? I'm not sure if I'll be doing a list since I really don't have that many albums to talk about :emofish: might just do a short list :mandown:

And I did it was cute, kinda lifeless tbh :chick1:

The Sudan Archives EP was pretty nice, the Kamasi EP might aswell not exist tbh :cm:

Edited by Vxspertine

Great banner :heart2:

Favorite Artworks~ This is an interesting list, I'd say a good chunk of these are worthy of being on here :alexz3: My favorite three are probably SOPHIE's + the last two

Can't really speak on most of the EPs cuz I never know where to find them :skull: 

From the HMs: I enjoyed both the Peggy Gou and Ravyn Lenae EPs (Sticky is my ****!) and I didn't even know Kay dropped an actual EP (I knew about the Robert Glasper project) so I'll check that out.

20-16: Haven't heard any of these :skull: I've heard of Sudan Archives but the music I heard from her wasn't all that good to me. She seems more like her aesthetic overshadows her music.

Kamasi and Channel Tres :clap3:. I've only heard of a few songs from Sudan but I'll check out the EP 

Oh the mewithoutYou EP was cute. 

Didn't care for Kamasi's EP but the album was good. I never went back to it though cuz you really need to be IN that moment & have time for the album.

Can't say I'm down with any of these tracks.

Untitled-1.png

Wait the navigation part in the OP is so cool (and useful) :eek:

btw can't wait for some mainstream acts to come in your lists :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.