Chapel's Best of 2018 | Songs 30-21

ChapelHooker

Janelle's was cool. Her visual film was overlooked.

I recognize a chelsea jade avi from that video. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChapelHooker

• Sbbmsve

• theblackestday

• Tsareena

Janelle, U.S. Girls and Anna.. we LOVE talent

• ATRL Moderator

laugh it off!!!

also velvet 4 sale, make me feel :clap3:.. I need to watch the orchid video

lCp73dq.png

IQEIKrC.jpgqLY1ZyZ.jpgsjn9zSv.jpgNGVNvdG.jpggBcGLFQ.jpg

ot1W3AU.jpgJ0plPA0.jpgeCia4z4.jpg3AVH2UQ.jpgz6zoTft.jpg

10. Troye Sivan - Bloom

Directed by Bardia Zeinali

9. Florence + the Machine - Big God

Directed by Autumn de Wilde

8. Young Fathers - In My View

Directed by Jack Whiteley

7. Iglooghost - Clear Tamei

Directed by Luke Gibson

6. Kali Uchis - After the Storm (feat. Tyler, the Creator & Bootsy Collins)

Directed by Nadia Lee Cohen

5. Christine and the Queens - Girlfriend (feat. Dam-Funk)

Directed by Jordan Bahat

4. Mitski - Nobody

Directed by Christopher Good

3. The Carters - APESHIT

Directed by Ricky Saiz

2. Rosalía - Malamente (Cap.1: Augurio)

Directed by Canada

1. Childish Gambino - This Is America

Directed by Hiro Murai

omg a top ten :jonny5: so flawless, even though i cringe a biT at tia now :thing: 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sbbmsve said:

U.S. Girls, Janelle and Tommy Cash :jonny5:

talent x, the x-ray video is so freaky

1 hour ago, Unoriginal said:

the V4S MV is PERFECT for the song ugh i love Meg so much

it really is, the way it captures the essence of the song. when he jumped off that cliff? the power that that has. 

1 hour ago, theblackestday said:

Pretending to have watched any of these music videos

yaJN6MU.gif

me pretending surprised that you still don't watch music videos even though they can enhance the music experience

yaJN6MU.gif

1 hour ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Janelle serving quality entire year :jonny5:

Yves Tumor :clap3: 

I need to watch others :jonny2: 

it was hard choosing one Janelle video, but Make Me Feel won over Pynk. She served visuals!

1 hour ago, mokitsu said:

tommy served as per usual

his videography is so insanely good :jonny:

Winaloto, Surf, Little Molly, WHEW

1 hour ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Janelle's was cool. Her visual film was overlooked.

I recognize a chelsea jade avi from that video. 

the film itself was kinda meh, but most of its videos were fantastic!

it was probably mine nnnn

y76oMHe.gif

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Janelle, U.S. Girls and Anna.. we LOVE talent

the POWER that Anna's has... that was a classic

58 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

laugh it off!!!

also velvet 4 sale, make me feel :clap3:.. I need to watch the orchid video

pop excellence!!!

orchid is really simple but very captiviating and bizzare. fits the song perfectly.

Oooh bitch, that list is a serve, I feel so bad for leaving so many of these off my own list :jonny: Btw, I have some catching up to do and it would be so much easier for a lazy bitch like me if you added the Youtube links to the images in the posts

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

the POWER that Anna's has... that was a classic

Still need a bomb ass vid for ugly and vengeful tbh

okay wig, I did watch a bunch of these. Geyser was snubbed and gave you your iconic avi, but Nobody's is excellent too so no true losses here. I looove Big God's music video, she did what she had to do. Clear Tamei is our music video :jonny: still shook that he snapped this hard.

Even though I'm not a fan of Apeshit, the video is quite literally a work of art. TIA is definitely a deserved number one spot, even if the song isn't all that either.

Your top 10 is literal perfection :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny5: girl this top 10. the taste on FULL display... malamante, tia (video ONLY), apeshit.. whew serves

Chad Michaels voice Ohhohoo bitch this is a SERVE. I lived for Troye in Bloom, it’s not talked enough :jonny5: The color scheme, outfits, hair everything was perfect. Not a big fan of Big God and Apeshit as songs but they had great videos. After The Storm and Nobody are probably my favorite videos of this year :jonny5:

I basically never watch videos anymore so the only ones I’ve seen in this Top10 are Apeshit and This Is America 

Artwork: Oh at #13 :gaycat3: #14, #10, #6 and #1 look especially  good to me.
Music Videos P1: Make Me Feel is excellent :clap3: Hope that Pynk is coming up
Music Videos P2: Whoops, it isn't :oh: Bloom and APES**T are good. This Is America, solid choice for #1.

whew, TASTE

Bloom is kinda overrated tho :eli: 

I like DM more than Girlfriends tbh :dancehall:

Nobody and After the Storm :jonny4:

Great top 10 video listing! After the Storm is probably my favorite

I'll be following along!

qoRlqwX.png

Amen%20Dunes:%20Freedom%20.jpg36560f70028adfe678a8db2af29b099c861a95e63cb5f7af6b0928ffbff0b8ab3f5a6486826e9713381891c42f301e0abaa1b1dcfbf0390334e698ebc9b948fa5f29dbb6ff1e457d91e48a1a8a0c35e2

e06ec6d42762a0c45c07ee19a942dd1018e8f21c1bb9ed52fc293093734af3316622329f793f3c338ce7dff24eb8885b3c53f0813f9e5178a9375726301205006547446bdeaa1e63709b46d6dda580078e6df4acefdfff54dd98e861fba7e2cb0ac806f6

c85393a7fc1e2327b9db9ee9989d556eec7fe086d474b26a2ac86db29104722a94587cbed1cebd7783da58df83beccd4ab4293c0a91bdd9310fe1c3970b82c4eda3143f217020a47a77acfdf6b45db35a99d1a823604ba87fb6eaaed552cac2f33113ab6

Amen Dunes - Freedom

A beautifully crafted and subtle album, really nice melodies. But it didn't really need repeated listens

from me, it just didn't stick.

Amnesia Scanner - Another Life

Really odd and energetic album. Quite chaotic, but also a bit samey/exhausting. I can appreciate it, and

the production is really the pull here but I didn't feel the need to revisit.

Anna Calvi - Hunter

This one I wished I listened to more this year because I remember really enjoying it... but not much

more. I think it can still grow on me, maybe next year.

Ariana Grande - Sweetener

Probably her most cohesive album yet, I really like a lot about it. The vibe it has, the positive

mood of it etc. It has a bunch of fantastic songs, but the filler ones really drag it down for me.

Also some of the production/mastering really bothers me.

The Carters - Everything Is Love

I really like how this bookended Lemonade and 4:44 and there are some real huge jams

on it. It's nice to hear Bey rapping, because she is good at it. I love the attitude and flair but

ultimately it falls flat a little too much.

Confidence Man - Confident Music for Confident People

Really, really fun and satirical dance music that is well produced and self-aware. But it get's a bit too

repetitive towards the second half and doesn't have much to offer aside from.. fun. But still a nice 

album to bop to.

Devon Welsh - Dream Songs

Production wise quite a departure from Majical Cloudz but it captures the same mood. I like a lot of it, 

even though it's a bit too washed out sometimes. I think he has the potential to deliver much better

material than on this, but it's a very nice first solo step.

Fischerspooner - Sir

I'm a ****** sir, I'm a hole sir , I'm a hole I'm all hole sir only a hole , I'm a dumbass sir , I'm just a hole here to serve you sir ,

I'm a ****ing hole sir, I'm a dumb **** sir, I don't know anything sir, have to listen to you sir, vibrator, can I *** please sir?

Please sir, please sir, your ****ing hole begs you sir, I'm losing precum sir, I really wanna *** sir, please sir, I'm a ****ing hole sir,

I only wanna serve you sir, please sir, I only wanna please you sir, can I *** sir please, I'm so horny right now sir , please sir,

I really really really want it sir, I'm just a hole sir , I'm just a *** sir.

Francis Harris - Trivial Occupations

Not nearly as good as his first two solo albums, but still very beautiful. It has more variety, but also more unintersting

moments.

Geotic - Traversa

There are fantastic tracks on this and I'm glad Will started singing on this project too, but it can veer too

much into background music for me. Baths won.

Grouper - Grid of Points

A very calming and minimalist ambient pop record, sometimes too simple for me.

Hayden Casey - Golden Year

Gorgeous, intimate lyrics set to simple folk pop. A very promising debut LP.

ionnalee - Everyone Afraid to Be Forgotten

My most listened to album this year, but I kinda forced myself to like it because iamamiwhoami

is one of my favorite music projects ever. This doesn't really live up to their discography but

I still appreciate it and it's a nice album, just waaay too long.

Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer

I loved this for two weeks and then I never listened to it again. I can still appreciate some of it, but

compared to the rest of her discography, it really falls flat. 

Kimbra - Primal Heart

The first half of this is absolutely fantastic and it almost made my actual album list, but there is quite some

filler in the second half that drag it down as a listening experience. Also, she can choke for leaving out HDDR

from the international release xo

All this talent bubbling under :weeps: 

Funny how Amen Dunes didn’t stick, I couldn’t get enough of him. 

Janelle’s album was a solid 7/10 at first but then my friends and I bought tickets to her tour. So I was listening to it a lot before the show and quickly became obsessed 

BA5JJSl.gif

15 hours ago, mokitsu said:

omg a top ten :jonny5: so flawless, even though i cringe a biT at tia now :thing: 

thanks boo! the good cringe or the bad one? :eli: it gives me chills every time.

15 hours ago, World Eater said:

Oooh bitch, that list is a serve, I feel so bad for leaving so many of these off my own list :jonny: Btw, I have some catching up to do and it would be so much easier for a lazy bitch like me if you added the Youtube links to the images in the posts

im a lazy bish too the ****? i don't even know how to do that tbh kfjdsg but I can try x

15 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Still need a bomb ass vid for ugly and vengeful tbh

or for any DM song tbh

15 hours ago, theblackestday said:

okay wig, I did watch a bunch of these. Geyser was snubbed and gave you your iconic avi, but Nobody's is excellent too so no true losses here. I looove Big God's music video, she did what she had to do. Clear Tamei is our music video :jonny: still shook that he snapped this hard.

Even though I'm not a fan of Apeshit, the video is quite literally a work of art. TIA is definitely a deserved number one spot, even if the song isn't all that either.

maybe you snapped with finally watching some videos. i tried to keep it to one artist per list, and I think Nobody is cooler, but it was a very hard choice between those two! Big God literally invented witchcraft so....

Ugh my iconic Clear Tamei avi, that is a FILM bitch :jonny: i also don't like TIA as as a song, but the video... .t serve2

15 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Your top 10 is literal perfection :jonny5:

thanks boo :hug:

15 hours ago, Tsareena said:

:jonny5: girl this top 10. the taste on FULL display... malamante, tia (video ONLY), apeshit.. whew serves

TALENT WON .t ebony

14 hours ago, Sbbmsve said:

Chad Michaels voice Ohhohoo bitch this is a SERVE. I lived for Troye in Bloom, it’s not talked enough :jonny5: The color scheme, outfits, hair everything was perfect. Not a big fan of Big God and Apeshit as songs but they had great videos. After The Storm and Nobody are probably my favorite videos of this year :jonny5:

Bloom is such a gorgeous video oh my god, the queerness of it all. He snappedT. It's perfect from top to bottom (hihihih)

After the Storm and Nobody are ART!

14 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

This top ten is literally perfect :jonny5: maybe you snapped 

are you surprised or....?

13 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

Sophie & Mike WON :clap3:

itswhatshedeserves.gif

11 hours ago, Remmy said:

Artwork: Oh at #13 :gaycat3: #14, #10, #6 and #1 look especially  good to me.
Music Videos P1: Make Me Feel is excellent :clap3: Hope that Pynk is coming up
Music Videos P2: Whoops, it isn't :oh: Bloom and APES**T are good. This Is America, solid choice for #1.

i like to do one artist entry per list, Make Me Feel won. Pynk is amazing too though!

7 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

whew, TASTE

Bloom is kinda overrated tho :eli:

I like DM more than Girlfriends tbh :dancehall:

Nobody and After the Storm :jonny4:

Bloom video? overrated? not on my watch!

doesn't matter is amazing!!! but Girlfriend pleases my aesthetic sense more. the colors in that video alone whew

7 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Great top 10 video listing! After the Storm is probably my favorite

I'll be following along!

hey, thanks! happy to hear.

4 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

Nobody :clap3: 

we love art!

1 hour ago, -mUsIcLoVeR- said:

Warren Fu is THAT director, tbh. 

just checked what else he directed, and whew. He really is huh.

thanks for all your comments, i really do appreciate it!! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.