HDD: Drake 400k streaming only

Drake Lindo

8 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

Artists sell mixtapes now defeating it's original purpose.

I guess the only real "mixtape" these days are the ones released only to mixtape sites and have no profit. Like Cardi B's two "mixtapes" are on iTunes for sales with original content I believe. That's an album. :jonny: 

I fully agree, it's non sense and confusing as to why they do that, for instance Drake last two "mixtapes" were "If Your Reading This Its Too Late" and "What a Time to Be Alive"  both debuted at number 1 with over 300K 1st week and Billboard counted them, nominations for Grammy and Billboard awards, they are the same price as "Views" on iTunes and they are release under Republic and Cash Money like "Views" was. I'm not understanding those are albums :biblio:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• Drake Lindo

• iamvladd

• thedastardly

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Beautiful Liar said:

I never understand the difference in releasing it via mixtape or album considering the sales and chart positions still count as a album, still get Grammy nominations, etc 

He never once said this was a mixtape tho.

5 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

He never once said this was a mixtape tho.

Yeah, and his classification of the project as a "playlist" is more reasonable if you think about it as a playlist of songs with various OVO artists. It's more of a showcase of OVO than of himself. 

As long as you can decipher when it's an LP or just a project, and that people will be listening, that's all that matters. Being petty and starting up this "mixtape" debate again is pointless - they've been going on sale for some time now, even before Reading, and it isn't going to stop as long as streaming continues to blow up. The reaches are bigger outside Datpliff and co., why not go ahead when you have the power. This isn't even being called that.

Glad it'll be on Spotify!

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

52 minutes ago, Beautiful Liar said:

I fully agree, it's non sense and confusing as to why they do that, for instance Drake last two "mixtapes" were "If Your Reading This Its Too Late" and "What a Time to Be Alive"  both debuted at number 1 with over 300K 1st week and Billboard counted them, nominations for Grammy and Billboard awards, they are the same price as "Views" on iTunes and they are release under Republic and Cash Money like "Views" was. I'm not understanding those are albums :biblio:

I think the GP does count IYRTITL as a solo album and WATTBA as a collaboration album. Only Drake and his die-hard fans don't which is stupid because both are better than VIEWS. :lmao: 

Edited by King Maxx

20 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

I think the GP does count IYRTITL as a solo album and WATTBA as a collaboration album. Only Drake and his die-hard fans don't which is stupid because both are better than VIEWS. :lmao: 

I count them that way :michael: 

Ed who ?

Abel who ?

Justin who ? 

I hope it's good. Not here for a mediocre album with massive streaming like Views.

WW or U.S only? Seems unlikely for just U.S:rip:

4 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

WW or U.S only? Seems unlikely for just U.S:rip:

HDD predictions are just for the U.S.

They do note that 600m streams is the high end of the projections they've received...

It should be noted HDD is only saying there are projections out there up to that much - not a declaration that these are their own / concrete expectations.

He gon bless this summer again

400k out of JUST streaming?

:jonny3: 

OBLITERATE that ginger twat, king! :clap3:

Ugh, Ed clogging Spotify UK and Drake will invade Spotify US and Canada. Ugh

12 hours ago, Rentboy said:

still with this mixtape nonsense?

Its an album call it such. Mixtapes are suppose to be for free to create a buzz. That was the intent. The fact he's releasing on a paid for streaming service makes the term even more ridiculous.

Those streaming services are also for free. :huh: 

10 hours ago, NewRihannaStan said:

Ed who ?

Abel who ?

Justin who ? 

Ed second biggest male of the decade .Adele biggest artist of century. Justin bieber biggest male of this decade:cm:

12 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Yeah, and his classification of the project as a "playlist" is more reasonable if you think about it as a playlist of songs with various OVO artists. It's more of a showcase of OVO than of himself. 

So if it's a playlist with various artists, presumably it's not going to chart on the BB200? Or will it chart as a compilation album? :huh: 

29 minutes ago, Fruity said:

So if it's a playlist with various artists, presumably it's not going to chart on the BB200? Or will it chart as a compilation album? :huh: 

Well I'm thinking he'll be the lead on all songs but nearly all will have prominent features. But to tell you the truth, I have no idea what is coming.

15 hours ago, Eternium said:

So on Saturday? Can he just let Zara have this? Uggh.

She will be lucky to debut in the top 10 with or without Drake :skull: 

Even if he gets 300M+ streams it's huge. I expect 250K+ SEA.

4 hours ago, abrahamjmr said:

Those streaming services are also for free. :huh: 

There are paid services as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.