Taylor #1; P!nk #7; Demi #61: 2017 Best Selling Albums (US)

FanOfPop

21 is the 10th best selling female album so far this year, and might move up to #8 already in two weeks :deadbanana:

Dunno what releases lies ahead in the coming months tho...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• blackbeatxx

• DELE2125

• myfirstlove

OP updated. "Divide" is the first 500k selling album this year!

Also, interesting situation happened this week: #5, #6, #7 and #8 all are soundtrack: "Moana", "Trolls", "La La Land" and reaching Top 20 last week, this week "Beauty And The Beast" reached Top 10 at #8.

Also, "More Life" jumped to the Top 5, currently occupying #4.

So far:

- albums with 1 000 000 sales: 0
- albums with 500 000 sales: 1
- albums with 250 000 sales: 5

- albums with 100 000 sales: 23

Next week:

- "24K Magic" will surpass 300k sales

- "Trolls" is going to be 6th album to sell 250k (and second soundtrack)

- "Ripcord" & "Better You Than Me" are the next albums with 100k upcoming week

great numbers and longevity for Trolls, it's among the top 10 bestselling albums released in 2016 as of this week :gaycat3:

it's going to reach +700k by the end of the year (currently at 560k)

the bestselling soundtrack of 2017 is between Moana, Trolls, and Beauty and the Beast for now

La La Land died fast, I wonder if the DVD/Blu-ray release will help :gaycat5:

7 minutes ago, Duca said:

great numbers and longevity for Trolls, it's among the top 10 bestselling albums released in 2016 as of this week :gaycat3:

it's going to reach +700k by the end of the year (currently at 560k)

the bestselling soundtrack of 2017 is between Moana, Trolls, and Beauty and the Beast for now

La La Land died fast, I wonder if the DVD/Blu-ray release will help :gaycat5:

I think it will be "Trolls" vs. "Beauty And The Beast". While the first one is currently still having great longevity mainly thanks to "Can't Stop The Feeling!", the second one has just started and we'll see how it will turn for it in terms of longevity.

4 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

OP updated. "Divide" is the first 500k selling album this year!

Also, interesting situation happened this week: #5, #6, #7 and #8 all are soundtrack: "Moana", "Trolls", "La La Land" and reaching Top 20 last week, this week "Beauty And The Beast" reached Top 10 at #8.

Also, "More Life" jumped to the Top 5, currently occupying #4.

So far:

- albums with 250 000 sales: 5

- albums with 100 000 sales: 23

Next week:

- "24K Magic" will surpass 300k sales

- "Trolls" is going to be 6th album to sell 250k (and second soundtrack)

- "Ripcord" & "Better You Than Me" are the next albums with 100k upcoming week

Thank you for your contributions every week! :hughard:

Adele still in the top 15 best selling albums :toofunny2:

17 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Thank you for your contributions every week! :hughard:

Adele still in the top 15 best selling albums :toofunny2:

Thank you so much! :hug:

It takes a lot of time but it's worth it especially when I see that people are here for it.

OP updated with the sales of 14th week. Top 10 is pretty stable right now, little movements in the center of it but the rest is the same. The way that "Hamilton" has a chance going back to top 10 is insane. :jonny:

So far:

- albums with 250 000 sales: 6

- albums with 100 000 sales: 25

This week:

- Miranda's "Weight Of These Wings" increases a lot due to CMA effect and surpassed 300 000 total sales

Next week:

- "Moana" will reach 300k sales

- "Beauty And The Beast" soundtrack will surpass 200k sales

- "Future" will become another 100k selling album this year

----------

I added total sales of albums that was released year or a few years before. Special thanks to @DELE2125 for sharing this information in official Billboard thread regularly. :hug:

30 minutes ago, FanOfPop said:

OP updated with the sales of 14th week. Top 10 is pretty stable right now, little movements in the center of it but the rest is the same. The way that "Hamilton" has a chance going back to top 10 is insane. :jonny:

So far:

- albums with 250 000 sales: 6

- albums with 100 000 sales: 25

This week:

- Miranda's "Weight Of These Wings" increases a lot due to CMA effect and surpassed 300 000 total sales

Next week:

- "Moana" will reach 300k sales

- "Beauty And The Beast" soundtrack will surpass 200k sales

- "Future" will become another 100k selling album this year

----------

I added total sales of albums that was released year or a few years before. Special thanks to @DELE2125 for sharing this information in official Billboard thread regularly. :hug:

You're welcome! :hughard: I'll post sales stats for albums and singles (for the week ending April 6th) on Sunday :biggrin:

And thank you for all your work and contribution to this forum :party:

I think Taylor is Eds big threat for biggest seller of the year. She can debut with a million plus. I dont see Katy perry having a big era if she releases. She'll open with 200k then fizzle fast. Not sure what other big artist is releasing.

27 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

I think Taylor is Eds big threat for biggest seller of the year. She can debut with a million plus. I dont see Katy perry having a big era if she releases. She'll open with 200k then fizzle fast. Not sure what other big artist is releasing.

Nobody knows if Taylor will actually release this year but if she will she will for sure be #1 contender unless Ed'll build enough advantage for himself but I doubt this will happen. I think too that Katy won't have successful era and even 200k is overestimation for her at this rate imo (maybe with SPS). Kendrick is releasing and I think he could pull nice numbers but it won't be enought for topping the list, maybe Eminem.

1 hour ago, Rentboy said:

JT is releasing in October :gaycat3:

16 minutes ago, Duca said:

JT is releasing in October :gaycat3:

So he will be also a threat. By the way, I'm starting to think that "Moana" may have better longevity than "Trolls". It's been selling more than the other one for the last couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, FanOfPop said:

So he will be also a threat. By the way, I'm starting to think that "Moana" may have better longevity than "Trolls". It's been selling more than the other one for the last couple of weeks.

Moana came out on DVD/Blu-ray last month

similar to Trolls' boost/consistency in sales since early February :beatfreak:

4 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

Nobody knows if Taylor will actually release this year but if she will she will for sure be #1 contender unless Ed'll build enough advantage for himself but I doubt this will happen. I think too that Katy won't have successful era and even 200k is overestimation for her at this rate imo (maybe with SPS). Kendrick is releasing and I think he could pull nice numbers but it won't be enought for topping the list, maybe Eminem.

JT and Eminem are coming for the takeover :siptea:

25 albums passed 100k mark already?

3 albums passed 300k mark?

Wow, are sales coming back? :duca:

Edited by Tremor Christ

12 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Bey is coming for that other girl. :fan:

What "other girl"? :huh:

25 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

I think Adele but I'm not sure.

Oh wow, half of the top ten is soundtracks. :jonny:

And 24K Magic has sold twice as much as Starboy. :jonny:

ThirdWardBey
21 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

She will pass Adele first, and if LEMONADE continues to outsell Joanne weekly, Gaga too. :gaycat2:

Edited by ThirdWardBey

19 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

She will pass Adele first, and if LEMONADE continues to outsell Joanne weekly, Gaga too. :gaycat2:

Well, I'm glad Lemonade can finally surpass an album that has sold 7,623,352 more copies than it. :celestial5:

Excited to see where will Katy land on this list.

5 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Well, I'm glad Lemonade can finally surpass an album that has sold 7,623,352 more copies than it. :celestial5:

And that's with an *IF 

gMoUe1m.gif

1 hour ago, ThirdWardBey said:

nope. 25 has been selling more weekly since 2017. the only time that hasn't been the case was last week. she's not passing Adele but she'll pass Gaga 

ThirdWardBey
1 hour ago, DELE2125 said:

Was this supposed to be shady? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.