ThePlatinumChartsx2 | 2 DJs & 2 Pop Divas at #1 (WT & Feels)

SylMacPer

9/20

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SylMacPer

• Remmy

• K$Ellie

• Brandon

Top Posters In This Topic

Liability zooming past Green Light :jonny: Love On The Brain in the Top 3 :clap3:

Stay moving up :heart2: I love Paris by Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling :keir:

the_platinum_charts.png

"I FEEL IT COMING" at #1

image.png

His latest single "I Feel It Coming" became his fourth #1 on the Countdown making him one of the very few artists to achieve that consistency with his releases. Yes, it's The Weeknd whose latest release spends a second week ruling the chart with the disco fused smash produced by Daft Punk. The electric duo gain their third chart topper, second as a The Weeknd collab, following the massive success of previous single "Starboy", a song that spent 5 weeks at #1. 

Katy Perry and Skip Marley are stable at #2 with their political anthem "Chained To The Rhythm", a song that became Perry's eight chart topper, debuting at #1 a few weeks ago. With "Rhythm" Perry became the artist with the most #1 singles on the TPC history. Furthermore "Chained To The Rhythm" was the third Perry single to debut at #1. Perry's previous hits include the chart toppers "Part Of Me", "Wide Awake", "Roar", "Walking On Air", "Unconditionally", "Dark Horse" and "Rise". It's the first Skip Marley to appear on the chart and, subsequently, his first #1.

Bruno Mars rises to the Top 3 claiming another massive hit single. His latest single, "That's What I Like", now moves 5-3 surpassing his previous single, "24k Magic", and Mars re-enters the Elite top 3 almost two years after the game-changer "Uptown Funk" which topped the chart for several weeks. "That's What I Like" is Mars' second release from his "24k Magic" album, released in November. Apart from "Uptown Funk", Bruno Mars peaked at #1 with his 2012 "Locked Out Of Heaven".

Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" is stable at #4 for a second week. It's ok though, cause "Shape Of You" reigned for 6 non-consecutive weeks, the longest #1 run since "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber. Rihanna falls 3-5 with "Love On The Brain", her 4th "Anti" single. The song has spent 21 weeks on the Chart and only peaked at #3 last week. Coldplay and The Chainsmokers rise at #6 with "Something Just Like This", as "Rockabye" by Clean Bandit, Sean Paul and Anne-Marie moves 8-7 and re-peaks. Lorde's "Liability" from her upcoming "Melodrama" album drops 6-8 and Iggy Azalea gets the highest new entry of the week at #9 with "Mo Bounce". Lana Del Rey is the last one to make the cut with her lead single "Love", from the upcoming album "Lust For Life".  

The_Top_20.png

Week #13 [Mar 26 - Apr 2, 2017] (#258)

Update_4.jpg

a_year_ago.png

The top 2 :alexz:

Something Just Like This rebounding :duca: Love on the Brain still top 5 too :party: 

• ATRL Moderator

that whole top 3 wowww :clap3: liability and rockabye!!

8/20

I Feel It Coming :alexz:

Actually your TOP 5 :flame:

Mo Bounce is nice, Lord already falling though :weeps:

Nice debuts :celestial3: Stay needs to keep moving up :duca: The Top 3 is nice :flower: 

Lana and Rih :dancehall: Both Lorde songs falling :'( City Of Stars on its way out :chick1: 

IFIC :alexz:, CTTR, TWIL, LOTB, Rockabye, Liability, Mo Bounce and Love making the top 10 :heart2:

It Ain't Me, Green Light, Passionfruit, IDWLF, Slide, City Of Stars and Issues are amazing! :katie2:

Great countdown! :date2:

Iggy bouncing into the top 10 :date: Julia, Ryan/Emma, Nicki/D/W, ZAYN/Taylor, Lorde x2, Lana, Rih down :weeps:
The top 2 still dominating :smitten: Ed also stable :smiley: Zedd/Alessia, Chainplay and Bruno rising :celestial:

I Feel It Coming and Chained smashing :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Green Light, Love, Stay :celestial:

IFIC #1 :party: 

City of Stars, Lorde x2 and Love falling :sad: 

the_platinum_charts.png

"I FEEL IT COMING" reigns for a third week

image.png

The Weeknd spends a third week at #1 with "I Feel It Coming", his second official single from his sophemore studio album, titled "Starboy". The tilte cut served as the lead single and spent 5 weeks at the summit of the PlatinumCharts. "Coming" becomes The Weeknd's fourth single to top the chart, a feat that a limited number of artists have achieved so far. Both "Starboy" and "I Feel It Coming" feature disco duo Daft Punk, giving them their second and third chart toppers, following the massive success of their single "Get Lucky" back in 2013.

Bruno Mars is one breath away from scoring a third chart topper as "That's What I Like" moves 3-2 on this week's issue. "That's What I Like" is Mars' second single from "24k Magic" album. The title cut debuted and peaked at #4 a few months ago. Mars has previously visited the Top spot twice with his "Locked Out Of Heaven" and his collab with Mark Ronson, "Uptown Funk" in 2015.

Clean Bandit skyrocket to #3 with their single "Rockabye", a song that features Sean Paul and Anne-Marie. The song, which became a huge global success, is the second Top 5 single for Clean Bandit whose "Rather Be" peaked at #5. "Rockabye" now flies 7-3 and gets a new career high for the British electronic group. It's the second Top 3 for Sean Paul, who was featured in last year's chart topper "Cheap Thrills".

Katy Perry's #1 smash "Chained To The Rhythm" drops 2-4 this week. The song topped the chart for two weeks. At #5 we meet Ed Sheeran with his 6-weeks-ruler "Shape Of You" which now falls from #4. The biggest new entry of the week comes at #6 with "Heatstroke" by Calvin Harris, Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana Grande. The all-star song becomes Harri's first Top 10 entry since his collaboration with Rihanna on the chart topper, "This Is What You Came For". The Chainsmokers and Coldplay fall to #7 with "Something Just Like This", while Rihanna's "Love On The Brain" drops 5-8. Lana Del Rey's "Love" rises 10-9 and Lorde's "Liability" tumbles 8-10.

Last Year's chart topper was Sia and Sean Paul with "Cheap Thrills".

The_Top_20.png

Week #14 [Apr 2 - Apr 9, 2017] (#259)

Update_5.jpg

a_year_ago.png

I hope I Feel IT Coming blocks That's What I Like :) Mo Bounce free-falling already :jonny:

Love back up :clap3: Stay up a bit :duca: Green Light -3 :chick3:

Codes/Demi debuting :jamming: A nice bop. ZAYN/Taylor, Lorde x2, Iggy, Rih, Chainplay, Ed, Katy/Skip down :noparty:
Julia + Weeknd/DP stable on opposite ends of the chart :alexz3: Zedd/Alessia, Lana and Bruno rising :katie2:

IFIC #1 for the third week :alexz:

TWIL, Rockabye, CTTR, Love's, Liability and Stay :heart2: :celestial4:

Heatstroke grew on me tho :clap3:but Slide, Green Light and Mo Bounce falling :dancehall:

Issues and It Ain't Me :jamming:

• ATRL Moderator

FLAWLESS top 3

chained to the rhythm :clap3: lorde, calvin harris :clap3:

• 3 weeks later...

the_platinum_charts.png

"Rockabye" rises to #1

image.png

Hey there! We have a new #1 on the PlatinumCharts. Clean Bandit make that small leap and finally claim the #1 spot for a first time in their short career. The British group had previously landed another Top 5 when "Rather Be" peaked at #5 back in 2014. "Rockabye" also features Anne Marie and Sean Paul. For the former the song becomes her very first chart topper in her very first chart appearance. For the latter, "Rockabye" comes right about a full year after his Sia collaboration, "Cheap Thrills" spent 3 consecutive weeks at #1 and became the third biggest song of 2016. Apart from "Rockabye", Clean Bandit debut another song in the Top 5. Their Zara Larsson single "Symphony" enters right at #4.

Bruno Mars and his "That's What I Like" is stable at #1, blocked once again from the top spot. Mars has previously topped the chart mutliple times with "Locked Out Of Heaven" and "Uptown Funk". "That's What I Like" is the second official release from his brand new album "24k Magic". The title track of the album peaked at #4 a few months ago.

Last week's chart topper The Weeknd and his collaborators, Daft Punk, tumble at #3 after spending two straight weeks at #1 with "I Feel It Coming". The song is The Weeknd's fourth chart topper in just three calendar years. As of now, all of his 7 chart entries have entered the Top 10 making him one of the most successful acts in the PlatinumCharts history.

With Clean Bandit and Zara Larsson entering at #4 with "Symphony", the rest of the Top 10 looks like that... Katy Perry's "Chained To The Rhythm" falls 4-5. The song spent 2 weeks at #1 before being blocked by Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You". Right now, that song follows Katy as it drops 5-6. Calvin Harris' song "Heatstroke" drops to #7. The song features Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande and Young Thug. The Chainsmokers and Coldplay drop to #8 with "Something Just Like This". Lana Del Rey's "Love" is now at #9 and Lorde's "Liability" rounds the Top 10.

The_Top_20.png

Week #15 [Apr 2 - Apr 9, 2017] (#260)

Update_6.jpg

a_year_ago.png

Symphony straight to #4 and Rockabye #1! :clap3:Hope TWIL can snatch a week at #1 :duca: IAM and Stay might jump as well :alexz: 19/20

comment on my c/d

Bandit/Zara debuting at #4 :worship2: Such an amazing song, infinitely better than RockaBYE.
ZAYN/Taylor, Iggy, Lorde (GL), Rihanna, Chainplay, Ed, Katy/Skip, Weeknd/DP falling :noparty:
Lorde (L), Lana and Bruno stable :heart2: Codes/Demi + Zedd/Alessia moving up :katie2:

Symphony debuting high :clap3: No Promises and Stay moving up :celestial:

Love falling :'( Ready for Lust For Life to debut :keir: Mo Bounce :chick3:

• ATRL Moderator

rockabye :clap3:

symphony :heart2:

stay!!! :jamming:

green light :'(

12/20 

Symphony debuts  :alexz:

The Weeknd down to from  #1  :frown:

the_platinum_charts.png

What we like is "That's What I Like" at #1

image.png

Bruno Mars' "That's What I Like" spent several weeks trying to take over the PlatinumCharts and today is officially the day he achieves it. His second official "24k Magic" proves to be the lucky one following the #4 peaking title track. In the last 5 years Mars has had multiple successful releases. The ones that preveiled where the chart toppers "Locked Out Of Heaven" and the Mark Ronson assisted "Uptown Funk". "That's What I Like" marks Mars' third #1 single. The single dethrones "Rockabye", a song that only claimed a single week atop the PlatinumCharts.

As "Rockabye" waves goodbye to the beautiful top spot, Clean Bandit should be more than happy enjoying a duo of their hit singles being placed at #2 and #3. "Rockabye", last weeks chart topper, now tumbles at #3. The song became their very first chart topper and second Top 5 single following 2014's "Rather Be". Their new song "Symphony", featuring Zara Larsson, rises 4-2 this week, giving them simultaneously two spots in the Top 3. Pretty Amazing!

Following the success of "Starboy", The Weeknd scored another back-2-back chart topper with "I Feel It Coming". Trully a starboy, The Weeknd and Daft Punk ruled for quite a while the PlatinumCharts, but now are on the way down. The previous chart topper now drops 3-4. At #5 it's yet again Katy Perry and her "Chained To The Rhythm", a song that features Skip Marley. "Chained" became Perry's 8th #1 single on the Countdown.

The Chainsmokers and Coldplay climb at #6 with "Something Just Like This", just to push 6-weeks-ruler Ed Sheeran and "Shape Of You" to #7. Zedd and Alessia Cara rise to #8 this week with their new song "Stay" as Calvin Harris and his friends Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande and Young Thug drop to #9. Lana Del Rey rounds the Top 10 with "Love".

The_Top_20.png

Week #16 [Apr 9 - Apr 16, 2017] (#261)

Update_7.jpg

a_year_ago.png

Drake-Future-What-A-Time.jpg
Jumpman - Drake & Future

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.