Halo Hits 500M on Spotify

aaronsmithjune1

aaronsmithjune1

The legendary ballad by Beyoncé.  the Queen herself, hits 500M streams on Spotify today. Classic. 

Edited by aaronsmithjune1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aaronsmithjune1

• trainsskyscrapers

• Ethereal

• ThirdWardBey

aaronsmithjune1
2 minutes ago, avi said:

The song that introduced me to Beyonce :clap3:

Really?  If I were a boy was far bigger back in the day. 

:jonny:

That was the biggest female classic of the 2000’s, that was the biggest female classic of the 2000’s.

Edited by Nemo

3 minutes ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Really?  If I were a boy was far bigger back in the day. 

back in those days mp3skull and beemp3 used to be my fav websites and one day I randomly downloaded Halo and the rest is just history. :clap3::clap3: 

:jonny5:

Crazy huge streams

aaronsmithjune1
7 minutes ago, Timber said:

:jonny5:

Crazy huge streams

It also hit 700M on vevo a week ago.  Will she ever perform it again? 

Her streaming power is INSANE. The new girls wish?

3 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Her streaming power is INSANE. The new girls wish?

:rip: The new girls are getting 350 million streams with just their album tracks. I don’t think they need to be wishing 

24 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

:rip: The new girls are getting 350 million streams with just their album tracks. I don’t think they need to be wishing 

I mean, true but album tracks that no one will remember in 10+ years. I mean, it’s impressive that it’s streamed so much despite coming out way b4 streaming was a thing. 

So STOKED! If Halo and SL play their cards right, IASF will be sitting pretty when re-certification time comes.

1 minute ago, BlooRiverAnimal said:

I mean, true but album tracks that no one will remember in 10+ years. I mean, it’s impressive that it’s streamed so much despite coming out way b4 streaming was a thing. 

I’m not sure that’s how it works. The current kids will grow up listening to the new generation and most of the people who are teenagers now will probably remember these tracks - the singles at least.  

30 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

They most definitely do need to be wishing for such strong catalog streams

Just now, ThirdWardBey said:

They most definitely do need to be wishing for such strong catalog streams

Yes, her catalog is quite impressive :)  

no shade but this song never felt that huge, i never hear it, and i am constantly shocked at it's streaming numbers

So with today's streaming = sales equation, if 1,500 streams equals 1 album sale, then Halo just gave IASF another 333,333 sales from Spotify alone?

So w/ Halo doing about 880m w/ all premium streaming services, and about 1.3B in YT views (last CM update had it at 1.1B), and 13.12m digital sales, and 120k physical sales.

It's digital sales equivalent would be (using 1 album = 10 tracks instead of 6.666)

3(120k) + 1(13.12m) + 1/150(880m) + 1/1175(1.3B) = 0.369m + 13.12m + 5.867m + 1.106m =  :worship2: 20,462,000 units

37 minutes ago, Timber said:

So w/ Halo doing about 880m w/ all premium streaming services, and about 1.3B in YT views (last CM update had it at 1.1B), and 13.12m digital sales, and 120k physical sales.

It's digital sales equivalent would be (using 1 album = 10 tracks instead of 6.666)

3(120k) + 1(13.12m) + 1/150(880m) + 1/1175(1.3B) = 0.369m + 13.12m + 5.867m + 1.106m =  :worship2: 20,462,000 units

WOW. :clap3: To think she's also sitting on another streaming hit (Single Ladies), 2 moderate streamers (If I Were A Boy/Sweet Dreams), and two additional top 40 Urban singles (Ego/Diva).

Mathew Knowles really crafted the perfect crossover album, and I have no doubt the era still had legs (Radio/Scared Of Lonely/Hello/Save The Hero). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.