Nicki's Queen Already Sold 695K in China

C-Amber

q1sSIhy.png

© Netease Company Copyright

The fact that the picture is just slightly off-centre but yet doesn’t use the one-third rule is disturbing me.

OT: Queen outsold, literally. 

Attention ❗️❗️ I love GOD

1 minute ago, King Of My Heart said:

What site is this?

Netease

peterstyles13

No, it did not. You guys simply don't know how China's music market works :skull:. That's singles sheets, which means the album sold 36.5K on NetEase Music, not 695K :skull:. Delete quick :skull:.

1 minute ago, peterstyles13 said:

No, it did not. You guys simply don't know how China's music market works :skull:. That's singles sheets, which means the album sold 36.5K on NetEase Music, not 695K :skull:. Delete quick :skull:.

Nnn, I was going to post that. ATRL failing to understand how things work in China :ahh:

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Oh god, she’s gonna tweet this if she sees this. 

I would be here for the mess. 

She should ditch the US (who’s not here for ha) and move to Beijing. Beijing Barbie. :alexz:

35 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

How does it work?

38 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

okay it’s still good, is anyone claiming that nicki is big in china? 

peterstyles13
Just now, King Of My Heart said:

How does it work?

Hard to explain. China’s music apps show the amount of downloaded single sheets the album got. Considering this album has 19 tracks, everytime someone buys it they add 19 single sheets to its total. You have to divide the number of total single sheets downloaded by the number of tracks on the album to know how many albums were bought. 

5 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Hard to explain. China’s music apps show the amount of downloaded single sheets the album got. Considering this album has 19 tracks, everytime someone buys it they add 19 single sheets to its total. You have to divide the number of total single sheets downloaded by the number of tracks on the album to know how many albums were bought. 

Oh, okay. Thank you!

58 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Isn't 36.5k still really good considering it's China and Nicki is a black female rapper

peterstyles13
Just now, BabyCantYouSee said:

Isn't 36.5k still really good considering it's China and Nicki is a black female rapper

I mean, it's not bad at all, but it's definitely not top tier level either. In comparison, Ariana's album is oddly already #1 on QQ Music's daily albums chart despite not being out (kii), Nicki is #3, which is still decent. I don't know how it's going to hold on tho. Keep in mind China's digital sales unfortunately aren't included in chart blogs and data like Chartmasters, Mediatraffic, etc. Sure the albums are cheaper (like $3 to $5 per album), but to completely ignore them is not the answer considering China is the fastest moving music market in the world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.