H100: IMF 5x #1, GLY #2, SICKO MODE #4, STARGAZING #8

Renan90

Travis-Scott-press-photo-by-Dave-LaChapelle-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Travis Scott's 'Astroworld' Bows at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart With Second-Largest Debut of 2018

Plus: Mac Miller, YG and Moneybagg Yo debut in the top 10.

Travis Scott’s Astroworld bows atop the Billboard 200 chart with 2018’s second-largest week for an album, earning the rapper his second No. 1.

The set -- which was released Aug. 3 via Cactus Jack/Grand Hustle/Epic Records -- earned 537,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 9, according to Nielsen Music. Of that total, 270,000 were driven by traditional album sales -- the biggest sales week of 2018.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Aug. 18-dated chart (where Astroworld launches at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard's websites on Tuesday, Aug. 14.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8469748/travis-scott-astroworld-no-1-billboard-200-album-chart

Billboard 200: #1(new) @trvisXX, ASTROWORLD 537,000 (270,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #2(-1) @Drake, Scorpion 117,000 (9,000 pure sales | 254,000 total sales). *peak: #1 for 5 weeks*

Billboard 200: #3(new) @MacMiller, Swimming 66,000 (30,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #4(-1) @PostMalone, beerbongs & bentleys 58,000 (5,000 pure sales | 291,000 total sales). *peak: #1 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #5(new) @YG, Stay Dangerous 56,000 (11,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #6(-2) @JuiceWorlddd, Goodbye & Good Riddance 38,000 (1,000 pure sales | 14,250 total sales). *peak: #4*

Billboard 200: #7(-2) @iamcardib, Invasion of Privacy 35,000 (2,000 pure sales | 192,000 total sales). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #8(-2) @xxxtentacion, ? 33,000 (2,000 pure sales | 66,000 total sales). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #9(-2) @mammamiamovie, Here We Go Again OST 28,000 (15,000 pure sales | 88,000 total sales). *peak: #3*

Billboard 200: #10(-1) @GreatestShowman, OST 25,000 (13,000 pure sales | 1,241,000 total sales). *peak: #1 for 2 weeks*

travis-scott-aug-3-2018-billboard-live-1548.jpg

Drake Rules Billboard Hot 100 for Fifth Week With 'In My Feelings,' Travis Scott Debuts Two Songs in Top 10

Scott soars in with "Sicko Mode" & "Stargazing" at Nos. 4 & 8, respectively.

Drake's "In My Feelings" logs a fifth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (dated Aug. 18). Notably, the song decreased in streams in the first full tracking week following the Aug. 2 premiere of its official video, after it had been heavily driven in recent weeks by the viral "In My Feelings" challenge.

Plus, Travis Scott debuts two songs in the Hot 100's top 10, "Sicko Mode" and "Stargazing," at Nos. 4 and 8, respectively, as parent set Astroworld launches at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.

Let's run down the top 10 on the newest Hot 100, which blends all-genre U.S. streaming, radio airplay and digital sales data. All charts will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Aug. 14).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8469837/drake-in-my-feelings-travis-scott-debuts-hot-100

Hot 100

#1 In My Feelings (=) [5x #1]

#2 Girls Like You (+2)

#3 I Like It (-1)

#4 SICKO MODE (NEW)

#5 FEFE (-2)

#6 Better Now (=)

#7 Lucid Dreams (=)

#8 STARGAZING (NEW)

#9 Taste (=)

#10 Boo'd Up (-2)

Edited by Renan90

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattyboy

• Green

• slw84

• Sinister

Top Posters In This Topic

can he possibly block nicki with his second week?

4 minutes ago, dayydreaam said:

We can only hope :fan: 

:clap3:

Oh my, I liked the album, but when/how did he become this huge?

oh wow he STOMPS on Drake with pure sales :clap3:

it's great to see artists still be able to keep sales little bit alive on its dying bed

Biggest Sales Week of 2018: Astroworld blows in with 270,000 copies sold -- the largest sales week of the year for an album. The set’s sales were supported by an array of Astroworld-inspired merchandise/album bundles sold via Scott’s official website. The last album to notch a bigger sales week was Taylor Swift’s reputation, which started with 1.2 million copies sold on the Dec. 2, 2017-dated tally. 

He has the biggest pure sales first week of the year so far and the biggest since Reputation

5 minutes ago, lovatos said:

Urban audiences

13 minutes ago, dayydreaam said:

I don't think so. His pure sales will decrease hard for the second week.

7 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

oh wow he STOMPS on Drake with pure sales :clap3:

it's great to see artists still be able to keep sales little bit alive on its dying bed

He sold 50k without bundling. :rip:

His album will fail to sell 500k total despite doing 270k first week. Sales don't matter.

His streaming will keep it afloat as per usual :clap3:

KING

t2f4U38.gif

Just now, iHype. said:

He sold 50k without bundling. :rip:

His album will fail to sell 500k total despite doing 270k first week. Sales don't matter.

His streaming will keep it afloat as per usual :clap3:

i'm not dragging Drake or anything, it's just great to see artists doing great in pure sales in this climate. 

DESTROYED Drake :jonny:

Wow that's a really great number. 270k pure?! The album was meh for me thou, but i can see why others might enjoy it. It's quite strange that he's pulling the highest numbers among the new "soundcloud" type rap artist, that's even more than the serious hip hop artist like Jcole. Where did it all come from?

Also i hate this trend of not properly crediting featured artist on tracks, frank did it, drake did it and funny enough the two of them also didn't get credited as featured artist on ASTROWORLD. There's sampling which is credited in the general credits and there's new vocals on the track that should be credited as a feature.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.