Hot 100: Nonstop #2 ; Drake occupies 7/10 in Top 10

QueenofCopyPaste

15 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

It's the new formula. I don't want to speak for Simm but he changed his calculations so now songs are generally lower in his predictions

oh right! I believe it has to do with the formula change :gaycat3:

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• Green

• simmnfierzig

• FutureHive

1 In My Feelings       513  (+5)

2 I Like It       364  (+1)

3 Girls Like You       303 (+2)  

Glad Cardi got at least a week with I Like It cause drake is unstoppable :toofunny3:

Nonstop will probably fall next week and Better Now will go top 10

I think Delicate will peak at #11. Her label should discount the song

2 hours ago, BarbFatale said:

Glad Cardi got at least a week with I Like It cause drake is unstoppable :toofunny3:

shades of The Fame - 3 week #1, lucky one week #1 thanks to weirdness on the reigning champion (right round pulled from itunes, sad video not counting)

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

There’s a lot of names on that list as well thst in no way dominated like Santana, Usher, BEP etc.

Yeah I could probably go back even further when Mariah Carey and Boys To Men dominated or Janet Jackson, MJ, Madonna.

10 hours ago, thedastardly said:

This is a terrible comparison. Compared to most of the list Drake's been dropping hits for a decade. Everyone said 2015 was Drake's peak, then it was Views era is his peak, then last year y'all swore he was over. Stop trying to predict the future (poorly and miserably) and let people enjoy a moment.

Drake peaked with Views, are we arguing about that?

He's having bigger singles now, but a ~40% drop from his last album's debut is massive if we're looking at where he actually peaked.

Still biggest artist of 2018 :michael: 

4 minutes ago, Ari. said:

Drake peaked with Views, are we arguing about that?

He's having bigger singles now, but a ~40% drop from his last album's debut is massive if we're looking at where he actually peaked.

Still biggest artist of 2018 :michael: 

The second week is higher than Views second week, and the third week is looking to be higher than Views third week.

Why don't you guys ever see the long-run :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

The second week is higher than Views second week, and the third week is looking to be higher than Views third week.

Why don't you guys ever see the long-run :celestial5:

Cause those three first weeks are still less than Views' first three weeks.

If Scorpion out-performs long-run, it's due to the singles. I mean obviously there were less people 'here' for Drake than there were in 2016. He's still ****ing massive no matter what

19 minutes ago, Ari. said:

Cause those three first weeks are still less than Views' first three weeks.

If Scorpion out-performs long-run, it's due to the singles. I mean obviously there were less people 'here' for Drake than there were in 2016. He's still ****ing massive no matter what

How is it due to the singles when One Dance spent 10 weeks #1 & was Song of the Summer, and Too Good/Controlla/For Free also assisted Views that Summer. :celestial5: You're acting as if Views had no hits. They both were assisted by their hits equally.

And wouldn't the bigger singles imply more people are here for him in 2018. How do you get bigger hits with less of the public here for you? :skull:

Drake's first week was lower because he has transitioned from sales to streaming completely. You cannot stream an album 1,500 times in a single week which is why streaming weeks aren't as high as pure sales weeks, but stream-heavy albums have more longevity. The activity of a streamer is counted much less than the activity of a buyer in a single week. You stream an album over months, you don't complete the transaction all at once like sales so trying to write a stream-heavy album's story after 1 week is nonsense. 

Views got 245 million streams first week, Scorpion got near 750 million. If less people were here for him he wouldn't have demolished the streaming record by double, wouldn't be generating 3 #1 hits, and the album wouldn't be doing better on Views every week after the first. Facts are facts. 

25 minutes ago, iHype. said:

How is it due to the singles when One Dance spent 10 weeks #1 & was Song of the Summer, and Too Good/Controlla/For Free also assisted Views that Summer. :celestial5: You're acting as if Views had no hits. They both were assisted by their hits equally.

And wouldn't the bigger singles imply more people are here for him in 2018. How do you get bigger hits with less of the public here for you? :skull:

Drake's first week was lower because he has transitioned from sales to streaming completely. You cannot stream an album 1,500 times in a single week which is why streaming weeks aren't as high as pure sales weeks, but stream-heavy albums have more longevity. The activity of a streamer is counted much less than the activity of a buyer in a single week. You stream an album over months, you don't complete the transaction all at once like sales so trying to write a stream-heavy album's story after 1 week is nonsense. 

Views got 245 million streams first week, Scorpion got near 750 million. If less people were here for him he wouldn't have demolished the streaming record by double, wouldn't be generating 3 #1 hits, and the album wouldn't be doing better on Views every week after the first. Facts are facts. 

Oop :soda: 

With the new formula, which singles has it effected (both positive and negative)?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.