Drake #8, Demi hits #1 | German Charts (7/6 - 7/12/18)

B-Luke

36 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

How is Drake only #8 wtf, its been at #1 or #2 on iTunes all week, #1 on Apple Music and while it didnt destroy spotify, none of the albums above did better on spotify either.. only explanation are physicals?

43% of music revenue in Germany comes from physical sales, the second highest figure of all major music markets (behind Japan) :cm:

Physical sales are still a big deal here for albums.

4 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

43% of music revenue in Germany comes from physical sales, the second highest figure of all major music markets (behind Japan) :cm:

Physical sales are still a big deal here for albums.

Alright lol, didnt know that and i actually live in Germany. Dont know anyone who buys music, literally everyone i know uses spotify :kitty:
Which is why im surprised that its only #8.. Drake isnt as big here as in the US ofc but it still feels like it deserves a higher peak 

Just now, TaylenaStan said:

Alright lol, didnt know that and i actually live in Germany. Dont know anyone who buys music, literally everyone i know uses spotify :kitty:
Which is why im surprised that its only #8.. Drake isnt as big here as in the US ofc but it still feels like it deserves a higher peak 

Really? My whole family still buys CDs and I buy physical albums too occasionally. I don't have Spotify either (just the free version) and I'm 18 years old :dies:

Demi getting international #1s :jonny5: 

She totally win :clap3: 

Demetria and Clean Bandit! congrats! :-* 

4 hours ago, Starkboy said:

well itunes albums chart is irreleant af

Demi getting a #1 in Germany before Taylor, Ariana, Selena and Miley. :clap3:

A legend in the making :jonny2: 

7 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

How is Drake only #8 wtf, its been at #1 or #2 on iTunes all week, #1 on Apple Music and while it didnt destroy spotify, none of the albums above did better on spotify either.. only explanation are physicals?

Because German chart was ranked based from revenue charts point. Germany still sells physical copies and contribute large chunk of revenue chart point compare to download & streaming. 

16 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Because German chart was ranked based from revenue charts point. Germany still sells physical copies and contribute large chunk of revenue chart point compare to download & streaming. 

23 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

Also, iTunes is a non-factor for digital sales, more people buy and stream from Amazon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.