Why don’t more artist release more frequently like “Drake”?

Mattyboy

Drake releases albums and mixtapes yearly, drops random singles and songs all the time. He just scored two #1 debuts and a slew of top 10 hits and #1 albums.

Why don’t more artists release more music more frequently to deliver for their fans and stay relevant. 

I feel like in the streaming community you have to stay on top of your game. If more pop girls released yearly like him, they’d have a bigger chance to rebound. 

Just think if Taylor, Gaga, Rihanna & Katy released yearly. 

Because it's the best thing to do when you want to release mediocre stuff. :sorry: 

They aren't dedicated like they used to be. The last day on earth will probably be the first time I listened to Drake and say "I'm not gay anymore". 

2 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Rihanna used to that successfully

Edited by Beny

I guess they would get overexposed easily. 

Maybe they want to put some thought into their music

Edited by simmnfierzig

There is no overexposure to a rap guy in the urban era. Pop girls wouldn't get away so easily with that since pop radio and pop listeners are very fickle.

Cuz he is selling like hotcakes now and he isnt going to miss this momentum

One of the reasons imo..

Rihanna has released almost the same number of albums like Britney and she is doing pretty good

Britney started releasing pretty often until she stopped (because of real life reasons) when she was still doing 10mil numbers

I guess some artists have it going for them and can release after some time, and still be pretty relevant and saleable like Bey,Tay and Xtina and Justin at the time

but it's harder to do right now because people tend to forget more easily or idk..it's just different..so Drake keeps his momentum going..I cant even keep up xD

Their music isn't nearly as in demand as his is. Not as popular, and... dare I say, not as good? I see several people on this forum unironically saying that his output is mediocre, but their faves' outputs are drastically worse (Witness, Reputation, Younger Now, and Joanne to name a few recent examples).

3 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Drake releases albums and mixtapes yearly, drops random singles and songs all the time. He just scored two #1 debuts and a slew of top 10 hits and #1 albums.

Why don’t more artists release more music more frequently to deliver for their fans and stay relevant. 

I feel like in the streaming community you have to stay on top of your game. If more pop girls released yearly like him, they’d have a bigger chance to rebound. 

well riri was doing exactly what drake was doing...she was releasing constantly on yearly basis. 

it has to stop eventually though.

for him is kinda easier cause he covers so many different genres. he release good songs and bunch of fillers. and gP loves it

Some people actually enjoy making music and prefer quality over quantity.

The ones with no talent and those with writers camps and no input in their music tend to dump as much crap as they can. That's the only thing they're capable of. 

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Their music isn't nearly as in demand as his is. Not as popular, and... dare I say, not as good? I see several people on this forum unironically saying that his output is mediocre, but their faves' outputs are drastically worse (Witness, Reputation, Younger Now, and Joanne to name a few recent examples).

exactly :ahh: 

Gaga should do yearly releases though and Rihanna too. 

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Maybe they won't to put some thought into their music

Recent pop girl albums minus Rainbow, Revival & Melodrama are horrible tho and those took years. The others didn’t have as long of a break. 

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

Recent pop girl albums minus Rainbow, Revival & Melodrama are horrible tho and those took years. The others didn’t have as long of a break. 

Reputation is amazing, thank you

Selena kinda does this with her standalone singles.

i wish nicki would do this.

what rapper takes 4 years in between albums :rip: 

The record labels won't let them release it. Even for a pop girl (especially the new ones) to release an album these days is a struggle.

I feel like pop girl eras have to be more sculpted, so they don’t allow them to do stuff like that. I remember Nelly saying that she’s happy she’s independent now because she can release things whenever she wants to.

There’s no demand. Say what you want about “quality” (half of you don’t know a Drake song, just like to hate but lawl!). If Drake was as bad as y’all wanna say he wouldn’t be able to consistently drop.

Gaga had Fame ‘08, TFM ‘09/10, BTW ‘11. Music got HORRIBLE at 2011 and so breaks started and no one bought her stuff anymore. In comparison, someone like Lana releases pretty frequently due to excellent quality. Also not being a label slave helps. Stop finding excuses / blaming others success for why your girls are done :cm: 

It's not just drake, consistent releases have always been a thing for rappers.

rappers have always constantly released material

its just that drake has the midas touch

Because most artists don't have the clout to be able to do it and sell decently each time

Clout is "difficult to get, not everybody has that" :cm:

13 hours ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Some people actually enjoy making music and prefer quality over quantity.

The ones with no talent and those with writers camps and no input in their music tend to dump as much crap as they can. That's the only thing they're capable of. 

I agree with you. :clap3:  

Edited by LovingYourCareer

Putting together a hit rap song is easy. You just chop up a nostalgic sample or loop an 808/synth, record your verse once or twice and bam. Actual singing takes several recordings and the instrumentals are usually more complex

Because music not the bling :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.